Central Highlands Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr sheen, you are an idiot. 5 points. No 1. For the third and last time. Iget my info from one of your hierachy, i am not Phil Davis, but have a feeling you may be one of the sooks who didnt get a game grand final day 2007. No. 2 I never said the auskick bloke was a Daylesford person, just that he did the area. I dont know what club he is involved with, just that he is regarded as a tosser. No. 3 Not talking about Steve Walsh. The 3 raffle boys were Dwyer, a fella who has left town many years ago now and the bloke who runs your MCDFL juniors. He is around but you wouldnt know because you probably dont give a stuff about that part of your club, which is what i was stating in the first place. No. 4 Do your homework before you make comments, as your last post shows how little you know and you are beginning to embarass yourself. No. 5 Surely with the new presidents No D***H*** policy, your days are numbered at the club.

Haha, you clown.

I see ballan has missed out on the services of Malcom Niblett, from Sebas/Nth ballarat, was talking to a bloke on the weekend and said that he is going to Carngham/Linton, big miss for the ballan boys, from all reports he goes very well and would be a good get for any club:eek:

pretty sure nibz is stayn at north. and playn at sebas when they have bye like last year

Top 5, Top 6 both have their strengths and weakness, but in the long run the best side will still win the premiership IMO. Not many people like change and thats fine, but due to the uneveness of the draw with not everyone playing each other twice or some sides playing the better sides twice and others once then what ever finals system you have will never truly be fair.

We voted on Top 6 due to it gives the 2 best sides throughout the season an equal chance of making the Grand final in a 1 game shootout, rather than 1 having a rest and watching 2,3 slog it out and then being fresh against 2 or 3 which has had a hard slog the week before. After week 1 it just goes back to the old final 4 format which used to be in years ago... It is tough on 3 as they are in eliminations the whole way, but no system will suit everyone. With 14 sides I think we needed as a league to progress for all grades to offer another position up for grabs in finals. If a side finishes 2nd this year, they will be happy, if a side finishes 3rd tehy will be unhappy, if a side finished 6th they will be happier than last season and if a side finishes 1st they will be more disguntled as they dont get the weeks rest. 4th & 5th- No change- Elimination final. So there are positives and negatives from all angels.

What I would also like to see is Senior 18 inter change brought back to 21 players- With the 1/4's being reduced I dont see a need for 4 and its better of for clubs 2's.

Also would like to see 2 runners at senior level, due to the game becomming more professional and the workload on the runners.

As for U/12's all for them............Sides need to be proactive and get this sorted. Maybe 15 side, no wings and one less midfield to keep the game open and not contested... Also helps out sides that may striggle for numbers.. Should be scoring and ladder involved... Kids need and like to win... Its a part of life....
i can understand everything that you are saying Learmonth.. still prefer the 5 though.... my point is its too confusing, and not eveyone knows how it works., For example you stated that the NO 1 team no longer gets the weeks rest. i was under the impression that 1 and 2 do get the week off. One of us has to be wrong. Thats my point. Everone knew how the final 5 worked , and it was a good system.
As for 3 on the bench, couldnt agree more. 4 is too many and most clubs have players who would rather play two's that spend most of the day sitting on the bench. Even though most clubs try to rotate it as much as possible.
There Should be two runners. And the u/12s makes sense, whatever format gets it up and running, the quicker the better.

i can understand everything that you are saying Learmonth.. still prefer the 5 though.... my point is its too confusing, and not eveyone knows how it works., For example you stated that the NO 1 team no longer gets the weeks rest. i was under the impression that 1 and 2 do get the week off. One of us has to be wrong. Thats my point. Everone knew how the final 5 worked , and it was a good system.
As for 3 on the bench, couldnt agree more. 4 is too many and most clubs have players who would rather play two's that spend most of the day sitting on the bench. Even though most clubs try to rotate it as much as possible.
There Should be two runners. And the u/12s makes sense, whatever format gets it up and running, the quicker the better.

Sorry Timmy, your right, I didnt explain it correctly 1 & 2 get the 1st week off, I was meaning 1 doesnt get it off by itself.....

Either system, we need to adapt to it now.....

IMO Niblett will play at North, to good of a player at that age to come out to CHFL and Sebas/North would do everything to keep him! From what I have heard, most of the Ballan boys originally from Sebas are heading back, so I dont see the link to attract him there.

Sorry Timmy, your right, I didnt explain it correctly 1 & 2 get the 1st week off, I was meaning 1 doesnt get it off by itself.....

Either system, we need to adapt to it now.....

IMO Niblett will play at North, to good of a player at that age to come out to CHFL and Sebas/North would do everything to keep him! From what I have heard, most of the Ballan boys originally from Sebas are heading back, so I dont see the link to attract him there.
Niblett will be going to Carngham, confirmed it last night of a close source to carngham, he will still be playing at North but will play enough games to qualify when he can for them, his girlfriend plays netball out there and he has a few mates there aswell, definatly won't be with sebas had a falling out with them, apparently over money:eek:

Niblett will be going to Carngham, confirmed it last night of a close source to carngham, he will still be playing at North but will play enough games to qualify when he can for them, his girlfriend plays netball out there and he has a few mates there aswell, definatly won't be with sebas had a falling out with them, apparently over money:eek:

good pick up for carngham then

Bendigo Football League

Sandhurst Dragons recruiting for 2009.

Excellent facilities, home ground is the QEO - AFL approved surface, team of trainers and sports therapists, only club in the BFL with our own club doctor, some excellent recruits so far with more to announce. Young team with a great social club.

Looking for key position players, but happy to listen to players with other areas of speciality. If you're interested, leave me a message.

Mr sheen, you are an idiot. 5 points. No 1. For the third and last time. Iget my info from one of your hierachy, i am not Phil Davis, but have a feeling you may be one of the sooks who didnt get a game grand final day 2007. No. 2 I never said the auskick bloke was a Daylesford person, just that he did the area. I dont know what club he is involved with, just that he is regarded as a tosser. No. 3 Not talking about Steve Walsh. The 3 raffle boys were Dwyer, a fella who has left town many years ago now and the bloke who runs your MCDFL juniors. He is around but you wouldnt know because you probably dont give a stuff about that part of your club, which is what i was stating in the first place. No. 4 Do your homework before you make comments, as your last post shows how little you know and you are beginning to embarass yourself. No. 5 Surely with the new presidents No D***H*** policy, your days are numbered at the club.
You are right. i did not get a game grand final day because i was an under 18 player. You are pure genius. When did anyone say that you are Phil Davis. Fair bet you are a very bitter little boy about something though. Seeing that i came through the juniors and still have family playing in them, i am pretty sure i do care about them. Another well educated statement. Embarass myself? Look in the mirror you inter breeder. Nearly every post you have made has no truth about it and therefore the one who should be embarrassed is you!! Bon voyage

You are right. i did not get a game grand final day because i was an under 18 player. You are pure genius. When did anyone say that you are Phil Davis. Fair bet you are a very bitter little boy about something though. Seeing that i came through the juniors and still have family playing in them, i am pretty sure i do care about them. Another well educated statement. Embarass myself? Look in the mirror you inter breeder. Nearly every post you have made has no truth about it and therefore the one who should be embarrassed is you!! And that is where you are the di*khead buddy. So why don't you be a good little cum bucket and fu*k right off you westy hypocrite. Now do what you do best and get a mouth full of co*k in you. Bon voyage
Hey sheen are you the U18 player that was wrestled to the ground by a hepburn ump? I heard you posted about it then went on holiday when timmy from hepburn says nothing was in it.
I think your the little fibber!!

Anyone else got any rumours about recruits etc? what about Learmonth this would be the quietest offseason they have had in recent years do they have any recruits?? Waubra?? Bunny?? Beufort?? Come on someone give us some info this site has been to quiet lately...

heard beaufort have signed rebels player Ben Hayes and Doc O'kelly coming back to play there.. waubra sounds pretty s**t house by the sounds of thing few blokes leaving..

yeah heard they are both playing there. Also got a whisper that dford premiership player Trent Nesbitt is returning from cairns to play with the dogs again next year, also another 2 senior players have left the towners taking the tally to about 12 i believe. Any word on hepburn and if there topping up with some high paid recruits?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ballan have signed steven james and adam jenkins as asst. Also 4 melton players have signed as aswell 2 of them are brothers and 1 is james aqillua not sure how they go

i heard dunnstown have lost a few. They are also struggling to recruit as well. Not spending the money required to get anyone decent!!!

Why are they struglling to recruit? anything to do with the new coach or does the club not want to open the cheque book? surely they have the cash available. Pretty big and well run club from the outside looking in

yeah heard they are both playing there. Also got a whisper that dford premiership player Trent Nesbitt is returning from cairns to play with the dogs again next year, also another 2 senior players have left the towners taking the tally to about 12 i believe. Any word on hepburn and if there topping up with some high paid recruits?
Havent heard much on the burras but i have just returned from a weeks cod fishing with a few mates. One of them was as excited as anyone i have seen about the upcoming season. A big Learmonth fan ,who i believe would be in the know, reckons this is the year. They will top the hundred grand in player payments, but have between 8 and 13 gun newcomers. Can you confirm any of this A.J. I know you will deny the money side of it, but can you tell us the players if any. Heard one is Goodes from Nth Ballarat. Would be a big thing for the league if the lakies could win it to make every club a premiership team in past 30 years. As for my mate Mr Sheen. Great work buddy. I am sure the Daylesford football club is very proud of you.

Is Doc 40 YET? Thought he was going to coach Learmonth as non playing.

Waubra will retain all but a couple, and they will be replaced. Early days yet, Beufort still have plenty of work to do , but by all accounts are throwing the cash around, Lou Frank did ring the Fridge and offer him a s**t load! $$$$

Why are they struglling to recruit? anything to do with the new coach or does the club not want to open the cheque book? surely they have the cash available. Pretty big and well run club from the outside looking in

Tey are struggling to recruit because the cheque book has been closed for a while. Not a lot of people happy with the new coach, many think David box should of least been given another year as coach. The club is ran well but the bit of it being a big club is a bit of a illusion. the likes of Hepburn, Daylesford and Learmonth have all gone past Dunnstown!!

Tey are struggling to recruit because the cheque book has been closed for a while. Not a lot of people happy with the new coach, many think David box should of least been given another year as coach. The club is ran well but the bit of it being a big club is a bit of a illusion. the likes of Hepburn, Daylesford and Learmonth have all gone past Dunnstown!!
yeh i think Box deserved another go, appointing Shawn Dummett is a step backwards i think a good bloke but i think he has had his time as coach, done some great things with both Dunnestown and carngham linton in the 90's but the game has changed, so it will be interesting to see how he goes:thumbsu:

can anyone give me some info on ash munarey(spelling?). he is from your league i believe

munari is entering his 2nd senior year at gordon. won the courier player of the year in his first season last year and won the best on ground in a losing side in the under 18 2007 grand final. pretty handy player, really good engine

Havent heard much on the burras but i have just returned from a weeks cod fishing with a few mates. One of them was as excited as anyone i have seen about the upcoming season. A big Learmonth fan ,who i believe would be in the know, reckons this is the year. They will top the hundred grand in player payments, but have between 8 and 13 gun newcomers. Can you confirm any of this A.J. I know you will deny the money side of it, but can you tell us the players if any. Heard one is Goodes from Nth Ballarat. Would be a big thing for the league if the lakies could win it to make every club a premiership team in past 30 years. As for my mate Mr Sheen. Great work buddy. I am sure the Daylesford football club is very proud of you.

Not true Kevin, $100k is a lot of money and in these economic hard times I think all clubs would struggle to raise that money and it still cant gurantee you a premiership.I think it would be irresponsible of any club to pay that $$ amount for 1 year in hoping for a premiership. As a club you need to ensure that you remain viable year in year out, but I do agree that once every 4-5 years you may spend a bit higher to try and get that elusive premiership. I think most clubs would operate on that theory.

As for the 8-13 gun recruits, not true either Kevin, thats over 1/2 my senoir side from the preliminary final missing out and playing 2's next season and that didnt include Tim Beacham who didnt play in the prelim.

Im sure all players are looking forward to a well earnt break from pre-season, especially the older players, it doesnt get any easier, and I can vouch for that.

Hopefully the bottom sides can improve and make the league a lot more competitive this season as thats what everyone should be aiming for. A close and even season. Problem is though I think a few clubs lack direction and strong leadership to get them to that position. A club will not improve if they dont train before Xmas, or only 1-2 sessions with minimal numbers which is disappointing in these times. Time for some of these sides to look at Beaufort over the past few years and see how with strong leadership, smart recruiting and a committment from the playing group, things can change quickly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back