Central Highlands Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr Sheen. If i was you i would go and apologise to Michael Cummings and who ever the other bloke is that you are having immoral thoughts about as i can definately tell you i am not them. I am 100 per cent sure you dont know me and i dont you as i know bugger al people from over your way. But seing as you want to keep bagging me i will say this buddy. Like to here your thoughts on it. If Luke Beatie is now confirmed as coach, as it seems he is, does that mean that Darren McColl, last years coach, who took the job on to save the club and then guide it through all last years turmoils to the finals. Then from the Elimination final to only the clubs second grand final in forty years has just been dumped. Nice way to treat a club icon, player and supporter. No wonder Phil Davis got out when he did. And dont answer with McColl didnt want the job because i know he reapplied for it.

I got the impression McColl never 'really' wanted the senior coaching job last year, but was pretty much Daylesford's only option as it was so close to the season when Davis left. In saying that I'm sure he loved his time at Daylesford, but yeah I always got the feeling that it would be a one and done year.

I could be wrong though, please correct me if I am.

Dear Mr Sheen. If i was you i would go and apologise to Michael Cummings and who ever the other bloke is that you are having immoral thoughts about as i can definately tell you i am not them. I am 100 per cent sure you dont know me and i dont you as i know bugger al people from over your way. But seing as you want to keep bagging me i will say this buddy. Like to here your thoughts on it. If Luke Beatie is now confirmed as coach, as it seems he is, does that mean that Darren McColl, last years coach, who took the job on to save the club and then guide it through all last years turmoils to the finals. Then from the Elimination final to only the clubs second grand final in forty years has just been dumped. Nice way to treat a club icon, player and supporter. No wonder Phil Davis got out when he did. And dont answer with McColl didnt want the job because i know he reapplied for it.
Immoral thoughts, thats a bit rich from you??? Don't know if darren did reapply, but you must know someone from over this way that gave you that info. personally i can tell you that darren is respected twice as much as good old Craig David "im walking away" Phil Davis by the players. Yesim sure things got tough last year and darren stuck by his players. A man of high moral values, not like that other bloke that walked away without a simple explanation to the players. So get back on your knees buddy. And i did hear that darren is staying involved in the club. I still want to know how you know so much about the president???

Immoral thoughts, thats a bit rich from you??? Don't know if darren did reapply, but you must know someone from over this way that gave you that info. personally i can tell you that darren is respected twice as much as good old Craig David "im walking away" Phil Davis by the players. Yesim sure things got tough last year and darren stuck by his players. A man of high moral values, not like that other bloke that walked away without a simple explanation to the players. So get back on your knees buddy. And i did hear that darren is staying involved in the club. I still want to know how you know so much about the president???
As i have previously stated i have a very good friend who is high up in your club and lets me in on some happenings at your club. To be honest he is quite unhappy about a number of off field incidents that have happened in the past couple of years. Ones that havent made the papers. Actually spoke to him tonight and he says your local rag has a full page spread on the new president and how he has introduced a new 'no ********s' policy at Daylesford. So what you doing next year Mr sheen. To answer Deledio i was led to believe that Mcoll wanted the job, but that was about three weeks ago, so he may have stepped aside. Love the name but i would rather go to Browny, Tambling would probably just turn it over.

To answer Deledio i was led to believe that Mcoll wanted the job, but that was about three weeks ago, so he may have stepped aside. Love the name but i would rather go to Browny, Tambling would probably just turn it over.

Like I said mate, I could be/probably am wrong, they were just the things I kinda picked up on as the season went on. I don't really know much when it comes to the goings on in the hierachy, though.

Tambling will be fine, has improved every year he's been in the league, look for him to improve even more with a solid young midfield around him taking the pressure off.

Anyone else got any rumours about recruits etc? what about Learmonth this would be the quietest offseason they have had in recent years do they have any recruits?? Waubra?? Bunny?? Beufort?? Come on someone give us some info this site has been to quiet lately...
a word of warning to all clubs. recruit hard and bust your ass throughout the season.. but steer clear of finishing in 3rd spot .. otherwise you could be bundled out in the first week of the finals.
well done CHFL clubs, a great way to reward mediocracy and penalise a team for doing all the right things. THE FINAL SIX HAS BEEN VOTED IN.

a word of warning to all clubs. recruit hard and bust your ass throughout the season.. but steer clear of finishing in 3rd spot .. otherwise you could be bundled out in the first week of the finals.
well done CHFL clubs, a great way to reward mediocracy and penalise a team for doing all the right things. THE FINAL SIX HAS BEEN VOTED IN.

Wow that's a big rule change, although by the sounds of it, it was always going to happen yes?

A league run by a majority vote of club rep's is always going to find it hard to get a good balance. Sometimes decisions need to be made which are not in a clubs best interests, but are good for the league as a whole.
Like is the league getting behind the U12's? CHFL clubs claim to be becoming more professional and lifting standards yet they have only u15 and u18 compared to 6 or more age groups in the BFL. Whilst the seniors seem to be lifting the bar is there any progress within the junior area?

i posted on this a few weeks ago saying the final six was a poor system and wasnt keen on it going in, but have changed my perspective.
firstly, at a junior level, surely more sides in finals is a good thing right? getting a taste of playing in front of big crowds is what our juniors need to become good senior players etc.
secondly, a side with a tough draw is really condemned with the current final 5. im attempting to avoid the use of my own club but its the most recent example, with the Bungaree seniors of 07. Defeated Dunnstown who finished fourth, and lost to 3rd placed Hepburn by only 9 points away, and were unlucky to lose, if i quote Shane Robertson myself as well as a few record thumpings along the way, ie beaufort. Bunga were drawn to play both Hepburn and Waubra twice and missed out on finals by a game, despite having superior percentage of 24% over 5th placed learmonth.
a final 6 would have given them the oppurtunity to at least take another roll of the dice against hepburn whom they'd fell 9 points short to 3 weeks earlier.
the final 6 gives an oppurtunity for a side that could be vying for 3rd or 4th but with a rough draw that condemns them to 6th, a chance to prove thier september mettle.
Also, an extra side in each division playing finals produces a greater chance of your club playing a final, hence larger crowds and more income to the league.

the negatives present are that 3rd doesnt recieve a second chance and a potential gulf in class between 3rd and 6th which could result in a blowout, although the second factor is negated if you argue that 3rd could be sent packing first week (indicates a contest??)

finally, the final six system is operating different to ballarat from my understanding in that it is the same as our current set up after the first week ie

Week 1
1st-week off
2nd-week off
3rd v 6th
4th v 5th

Week 2
Second semi-1st vs 2nd
First semi- winner of 3 v 6 V winner of 4 v 5

Week 3
Premliminary-loser second semi V winner first semi

Week 4
Grand Final- Winner second semi V winner prelim

Also, an extra side in each division playing finals produces a greater chance of your club playing a final, hence larger crowds and more income to the league.

finally, the final six system is operating different to ballarat from my understanding in that it is the same as our current set up after the first week ie

Week 1
1st-week off
2nd-week off
3rd v 6th
4th v 5th

Week 2
Second semi-1st vs 2nd
First semi- winner of 3 v 6 V winner of 4 v 5

Week 3
Premliminary-loser second semi V winner first semi

Week 4
Grand Final- Winner second semi V winner prelim

If it is this system, then there will still be the same amount of games played throughout the finals series eg:
Final 5 system
week 1 qualifying & Elimination finals
week 2 2nd semi & 1st semi
week 3 preliminary
week 4 grand final.
(total of 6 games same as the final 6 system)

Therefore it won't be so much about creating a greater income it will simply be giving another team an opportunity to play finals. In my opinion the final 6 system here seems to be a fair. If the 3rd place side are any good they should be able to beat the 6th place side and progress to the following week.

I dont mind the new 6.

All depends how you look at it. Maybe the final 5 rewarded mediocrity by giving the 3rd best team a double chance?!? Now if 3rd cant beat 6th, then they probably dont deserve to go any further anyway.

While the final 6 takes away from the 3rd best side, it gives a bit back to the 2nd team, who can now go straight into the granny off 1 win, which they couldn't in the final 5. I think it makes sense to keep the best 2 sides from the home and away on fairly level terms.

Having said all that, CHFL just keeps getting stronger and I reckon Bunga in '07 and DTown in '08 from memory who both finished 6th would have more than held their own in the finals.

The Final 6 is an awful system, Look at the difference between 2nd & 3rd who might be seperated on % at year's end. 2nd only needs to win 1 game (and has 2 chances to do it), the 2nd semi or preliminary final to make the Grand Final, while 3rd needs to win 3 games and if they lose any of them they are out. The Final 5 has been proven to be a successful system in this competition, awful decision by the clubs.

The Final 6 is an awful system, Look at the difference between 2nd & 3rd who might be seperated on % at year's end. 2nd only needs to win 1 game (and has 2 chances to do it), the 2nd semi or preliminary final to make the Grand Final, while 3rd needs to win 3 games and if they lose any of them they are out. The Final 5 has been proven to be a successful system in this competition, awful decision by the clubs.

Agreed. Final 6 is a shocker. 3rd get no reward for finishing where they do. Even if they do beat 6th, they still have a cut throat final next week!

Agreed. Final 6 is a shocker. 3rd get no reward for finishing where they do. Even if they do beat 6th, they still have a cut throat final next week!

I dont understand if the CHFL is adopting the final 6, then why isn't it in the same format as the BFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont understand if the CHFL is adopting the final 6, then why isn't it in the same format as the BFL?
i presume you are talking about all teams playing in week 1 of the finals. If this was the case, you could see for example.... Waubra senoirs playing at Bungaree on the Saturday, and their under 18s or even their netball senior side playing at Learmonth on the same day. None of our sides want to see our supporters and family divided in what match they should watch that afternoon.
No club has the number of trainers required to cover all games and fixtures.
another example is a football recruit, may also bring his girlfriend along to play netball. They travel up together in the same car, but the footballer plays his final at Springbank, and the netballer has to head off to Learmonth for her game.
Thats why the final 6 format is the way it is, which is fairer on all concerned...
Still should be a final 5... It was a shit decision by the clubs, and wouldn't it be ironic if one of those clubs who voted it in , finished third and were bundled out in the first week. Now that would be carma..

A league run by a majority vote of club rep's is always going to find it hard to get a good balance. Sometimes decisions need to be made which are not in a clubs best interests, but are good for the league as a whole.
Like is the league getting behind the U12's? CHFL clubs claim to be becoming more professional and lifting standards yet they have only u15 and u18 compared to 6 or more age groups in the BFL. Whilst the seniors seem to be lifting the bar is there any progress within the junior area?
Hopefully the league continues to push the under 12 comp through until it becomes a real part of the day where the boys play for points and have a ladder. Lets keep the political correctness crap out of it where some times they dont even keep score. All the kids i saw play last year loved it. I dont think we need to go down the same path as the Ballarat league however and have 6 or so divisions. One of the great parts of the CHFL is the whole family can play 2 sports on the same day at the same venue. Ballarat league would have to be envious of that. Just have a look at thier crowds. The final 6 is a big risk but at least its better than Ballarats system which is so hard for people to follow and contains a certain ammount of luck. Final 5 better though. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Hopefully the league continues to push the under 12 comp through until it becomes a real part of the day where the boys play for points and have a ladder. Lets keep the political correctness crap out of it where some times they dont even keep score. All the kids i saw play last year loved it. I dont think we need to go down the same path as the Ballarat league however and have 6 or so divisions.

True there is no need for more divisions but with a few clubs already fielding U12 teams surely the league would give it some backing, promoting and make it 'real'. The BFL is overflowing with this age group so tapping into this market now would surely be of benefit to the clubs. Would be good to see it happen thats all. As for the final 5 or 6, there would be good and bad on both sides of the fence. Maybe teams will have to play the draw right, and if 3rd is such a disadvantage follow the Carlton way and make yourself finish 4th :eek:

i presume you are talking about all teams playing in week 1 of the finals. If this was the case, you could see for example.... Waubra senoirs playing at Bungaree on the Saturday, and their under 18s or even their netball senior side playing at Learmonth on the same day. None of our sides want to see our supporters and family divided in what match they should watch that afternoon.
No club has the number of trainers required to cover all games and fixtures.
another example is a football recruit, may also bring his girlfriend along to play netball. They travel up together in the same car, but the footballer plays his final at Springbank, and the netballer has to head off to Learmonth for her game.
Thats why the final 6 format is the way it is, which is fairer on all concerned...
Still should be a final 5... It was a shit decision by the clubs, and wouldn't it be ironic if one of those clubs who voted it in , finished third and were bundled out in the first week. Now that would be carma..

which clubs voted for and which voted against.seams most of us dont like it

which clubs voted for and which voted against.seams most of us dont like it
i could get shot down here, but the clubs voting for the final 6 were (each club had two delegates and were allowed to vote)... Bunga, Lmth, Spbk, Gordon, Clunes, Beau, Cres. Dfd had one delegate who voted for it and one delegate who voted against it.! The executive were able to vote as well, which gave some clubs three votes.
not sure who Newlyn & Ballan voted for.
In regards to the u/12s . i know this is a senior forum, but this one is a league issue. This time last year i was against the idea and didn't think the concept would work. I thought the kids could be starting football a bit too early and get burnt out by their late teenage years. ( this could still happen)... But i ended up coaching our side, and i couldn't believe the amount of improvement the kids showed throughout the course of the season. All clubs, spectators and players involved loved it even though we had to be there by 8.30 for a 9am start.
All clubs involved will have ready made players stepping up to u/15s in 2009.
I have completly turned and this concept is a winner. The CHFL should bite the bullet and award points, as all the kids want a ladder. Have voting and a league B&F . and include it in the Champion club awards. If certain clubs cant or are too lazy to field sides then that's their problem. An example is Daylesford ( and im not bagging them ) but they have u/10s and u/12s in a comp out Castlemaine way. They should have a side in our league, they are our leagues biggest town after all, and the CHFL is where their senior club plays.
Our u/13s netball are awarded points and a league B&F , so why cant the football u/12s do the same

I agree with the under 12's concept... i know from other leagues such as those in Geelong, that juniors start at under 9's. then under 11's, under 14's, under 16;s then up to under 18's and then onto seniors... of course you start playing on minimised grounds, and gradually begin to play on the senior sized grounds in under 14's. its not only great for the kids to make friends, but it improves their hand eye coordination, general footy skills and sets them up for hopefully what will be a long career at the club.

All the junior grades in geelong are scored and have ladders but no finals until under 14's.

True there is no need for more divisions but with a few clubs already fielding U12 teams surely the league would give it some backing, promoting and make it 'real'. The BFL is overflowing with this age group so tapping into this market now would surely be of benefit to the clubs. Would be good to see it happen thats all. As for the final 5 or 6, there would be good and bad on both sides of the fence. Maybe teams will have to play the draw right, and if 3rd is such a disadvantage follow the Carlton way and make yourself finish 4th :eek:
Completely agree with you on both counts there. I just wouldnt like to see the CHFL playing over 2 days, or on different grounds like some other leagues. Probably still room for an under 10 or 9 game at half time of seniors if we want to go down that track in the future, but doesnt auskick pretty much teach and control that age group. Mind you, a good co-ordinater of auskick is super important and i have heard the guy who runs the Daylesford area is a complete tosser. Just a comment to Timmy, i agree all clubs need to get involved with the under 12 concept, but i think you will find Daylesford are still a fair way away from joining. They have two clubs in 1 and the bloke who runs Daylesford demons, (MCDFL juniors) is one of the riggers of those harley raffles a few years back and hates the senior club. So until the bulldogs can oust him it wont happen. Sounds strange that one half of a club can hate the other half, and vise/versa, but that is true.

Completely agree with you on both counts there. I just wouldnt like to see the CHFL playing over 2 days, or on different grounds like some other leagues. Probably still room for an under 10 or 9 game at half time of seniors if we want to go down that track in the future, but doesnt auskick pretty much teach and control that age group. Mind you, a good co-ordinater of auskick is super important and i have heard the guy who runs the Daylesford area is a complete tosser. Just a comment to Timmy, i agree all clubs need to get involved with the under 12 concept, but i think you will find Daylesford are still a fair way away from joining. They have two clubs in 1 and the bloke who runs Daylesford demons, (MCDFL juniors) is one of the riggers of those harley raffles a few years back and hates the senior club. So until the bulldogs can oust him it wont happen. Sounds strange that one half of a club can hate the other half, and vise/versa, but that is true.
The guy your referring to is a hepburn follower who runs the auskick buddy. Steve Walsh runs the juniors over in daylesford and he had no part of that mockery. and the ones who rigged the raffle from memory were paul dwyer, who is out at newlyn now, do you know him?? and another two fellas who arent around the clubs anymore. How would you know all this if you dont know anyone from over at daylesford. lots of knowledge here little fella. if you dont know thew facts you head fu*k, stop posting your shit.

The guy your referring to is a hepburn follower who runs the auskick buddy. Steve Walsh runs the juniors over in daylesford and he had no part of that mockery. and the ones who rigged the raffle from memory were paul dwyer, who is out at newlyn now, do you know him?? and another two fellas who arent around the clubs anymore. How would you know all this if you dont know anyone from over at daylesford. lots of knowledge here little fella. if you dont know thew facts you head fu*k, stop posting your shit.
Mr sheen, you are an idiot. 5 points. No 1. For the third and last time. Iget my info from one of your hierachy, i am not Phil Davis, but have a feeling you may be one of the sooks who didnt get a game grand final day 2007. No. 2 I never said the auskick bloke was a Daylesford person, just that he did the area. I dont know what club he is involved with, just that he is regarded as a tosser. No. 3 Not talking about Steve Walsh. The 3 raffle boys were Dwyer, a fella who has left town many years ago now and the bloke who runs your MCDFL juniors. He is around but you wouldnt know because you probably dont give a stuff about that part of your club, which is what i was stating in the first place. No. 4 Do your homework before you make comments, as your last post shows how little you know and you are beginning to embarass yourself. No. 5 Surely with the new presidents No D***H*** policy, your days are numbered at the club.

Mr sheen, you are an idiot. 5 points. No 1. For the third and last time. Iget my info from one of your hierachy, i am not Phil Davis, but have a feeling you may be one of the sooks who didnt get a game grand final day 2007. No. 2 I never said the auskick bloke was a Daylesford person, just that he did the area. I dont know what club he is involved with, just that he is regarded as a tosser. No. 3 Not talking about Steve Walsh. The 3 raffle boys were Dwyer, a fella who has left town many years ago now and the bloke who runs your MCDFL juniors. He is around but you wouldnt know because you probably dont give a stuff about that part of your club, which is what i was stating in the first place. No. 4 Do your homework before you make comments, as your last post shows how little you know and you are beginning to embarass yourself. No. 5 Surely with the new presidents No D***H*** policy, your days are numbered at the club.

Enough Daylesford/2 headed country rubbish, no one cares about what has happened in the past. November and December on the forum is about rumours and recruits and who has left each club. I need this stuff to get me through my days at work so someone please tell me some recruits...????

Wow that's a big rule change, although by the sounds of it, it was always going to happen yes?

Top 5, Top 6 both have their strengths and weakness, but in the long run the best side will still win the premiership IMO. Not many people like change and thats fine, but due to the uneveness of the draw with not everyone playing each other twice or some sides playing the better sides twice and others once then what ever finals system you have will never truly be fair.

We voted on Top 6 due to it gives the 2 best sides throughout the season an equal chance of making the Grand final in a 1 game shootout, rather than 1 having a rest and watching 2,3 slog it out and then being fresh against 2 or 3 which has had a hard slog the week before. After week 1 it just goes back to the old final 4 format which used to be in years ago... It is tough on 3 as they are in eliminations the whole way, but no system will suit everyone. With 14 sides I think we needed as a league to progress for all grades to offer another position up for grabs in finals. If a side finishes 2nd this year, they will be happy, if a side finishes 3rd tehy will be unhappy, if a side finished 6th they will be happier than last season and if a side finishes 1st they will be more disguntled as they dont get the weeks rest. 4th & 5th- No change- Elimination final. So there are positives and negatives from all angels.

What I would also like to see is Senior 18 inter change brought back to 21 players- With the 1/4's being reduced I dont see a need for 4 and its better of for clubs 2's.

Also would like to see 2 runners at senior level, due to the game becomming more professional and the workload on the runners.

As for U/12's all for them............Sides need to be proactive and get this sorted. Maybe 15 side, no wings and one less midfield to keep the game open and not contested... Also helps out sides that may striggle for numbers.. Should be scoring and ladder involved... Kids need and like to win... Its a part of life....

I see ballan has missed out on the services of Malcom Niblett, from Sebas/Nth ballarat, was talking to a bloke on the weekend and said that he is going to Carngham/Linton, big miss for the ballan boys, from all reports he goes very well and would be a good get for any club:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back