Meltdown Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair , Carlton were generally winning them , not so much just participation , but actually winning them against your mob .
If they were handing out participation medals , collingwood would win hands down. Congratulations
Cheat Champs will always claim superiority - but the AFL world doesn’t forget that your flags are tarnished by cap breaches and the greatest penalties in the history of the game.

You can look at it in many ways. I can see where you’re choosing to take it.

Pies stayed competitive and made a GF every 3.5 years across the last 86 years. That’s a pretty solid effort if you don’t mind me saying. You might call it ‘shitting the bed’, and that’s okay, but doesn’t make your version of the truth anymore accurate.

Granted, there were a few GFs in there that Collingwood lost from winnable positions that warrant the claim we shat the bed, but not all 24 GFs, so I don’t get why you’re trying to ‘s**t’ on that achievement of a club that stayed competitive and won more games than any other side across almost a whole century.

I also don’t understand why you’ve chosen an arbitrary figure of 86 years - could it be because we won a shitload of GFs in the years prior that you don’t want to include?

My maths is just fine. I’m just not biting or subscribing to your attempts to s**t stir, just like you do the same when I mock the fact Carlton haven’t won a flag in my entire adult life. That brings me great joy, but I don’t try use maths to prove you wrong, do I?

Call it participation ribbons, or whatever, but just accept the fact Collingwood has been up and about for a lot longer than Carlton can dream. You’ve got more flags than us, but that may change in 4 weeks time, so enjoy these 4 weeks whilst you can. The trend of us being better for longer is seeing your relic of a club slowly becoming irrelevant and that probably scares the s**t out of you.
Slight correction - Cheat Champs have less legitimate flags than Coll. Unlike the NRL who took back Storms Flags due to cap breaches, the AFL didn’t have the balls to do the same to Carl.

Sorry , you played west coast once last year. How'd that go for ya ?
We finished top 4.

You played them twice this year, for two wins and +200 point differential, and were still never in contention for a top 4 spot....

I'll be lobbying the AFL for Carlton to play West Coast 8 times next year. Got to give the poor unfortunates a fighting chance somehow...

We finished top 4.

You played them twice this year, for two wins and +200 point differential, and were still never in contention for a top 4 spot....

I'll be lobbying the AFL for Carlton to play West Coast 8 times next year. Got to give the poor unfortunates a fighting chance somehow...
With a tougher draw next year, Cheat Champs will need the extra 8 games to make the Top 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With your history of multiple breaches indicating a systematic and prolonged flouting of the rules, (and logically occurring far longer than the immediate years before fines), it might be more appropriate for you to tell us which flags were not tarnished.
1995 and 1987 premierships were NOT tarnished for any breaches.
Any premiership prior to 1987 didn't matter coz there was no salary cap.

You see , this is what you revert to when it's blatantly clear that you have been trumped. Minor premierships and games won - I wouldn't even have a clue how many Carlton have won I'm sure there are heaps but I would never use it as a guide for overall success against another club. That's why premierships are the measure to any clubs success.
Now stop embarrassing yourself with nonsense stats
You’re the one who is embarrassing yourself by clutching at straws with the inevitable.

“But but we’ve won more head to head, so we’ll still be on top!”

It’s quite pathetic. If the Pies win it in 4 weeks time, we’ll be level on flags and you will no longer be able to say Carlton are number 1 and that scares the crap out of you.

Does it hurt you knowing Collingwood will have the equal most premierships? I know it does.

We would’ve won ours without cheating.

What do you actually win for a 'minor' Premiership :think:
Some sort of trophy. Not quite as prestigious as a premiership trophy, but still something. We’ve won it like 20 times. They go nicely alongside 15 premiership cups, and soon to be 16.

1995 and 1987 premierships were NOT tarnished for any breaches.
Any premiership prior to 1987 didn't matter coz there was no salary cap.
Are you seriously suggesting the rumours of paper bag payments, that went on for a decade, and finally revealed as true ( and penalized accordingly), are not proof of cheating during the period of those flag years.

Are you seriously suggesting the rumours of paper bag payments, that went on for a decade, and finally revealed as true ( and penalized accordingly), are not proof of cheating during the period of those flag years.
Rumours are no proof whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back