Rumour Busted Brian Taylor sacked from Sat Night Footy/CH7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BT was good on Triple M when he had similar folks to bounce banter off. Actually he was good on TV back in the Channel 9 Sunday arvo games. Sure, it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but the Triple M team was (and still is) very good at the style of commentary they try to deliver. Furthermore, you always have multiple options for radio so you can switch it over to amore subdued 3AW, ABC, SEN coverage (not those clowns at 5AA or K-rock though)

He doesn't work well on TV because he a) the guys he works with aren't funny (Richo has a dry sense of self-deprecating humour that is pleasant, but it's not outwardly funny) and b) there are no alternative commentary feeds so you are stuck with BT.

This this and so so much this

BT was a really good commentator when he had Dermie JB and Garry lyon to work off, he seems to still try and commentate that sometimes but Leigh matthews Tom harley and Richo have this sort of Old man very clean sense of humour

I would give my left Nut to have Channel 9 commentary back

Please let this be true. I don't know how many times he's spoiled a game by constantly gibbering s**t mid play, always getting players wrong and butchering names so badly that they may as well be wrong. I don't care if they replace him with a bucket of diarrhea that you can literally smell through the TV, it would be an infinite improvement.

I actually don't mind Dwayne at all now. Seems to have cut a lot of the bullshit cliches out of his game this season.

he isn't great but are there really any better options to replace him?
Could always hire an Adam White from the ABC, he does Friday Nights iirc and is free on the Saturday Night.

I love BT.

He takes the piss. This is footy, not the Russians in Ukraine. Why should it be taken totally seriously and sycophants with no footy knowledge (Bruce, "gaining 20" means something in Gridiron... but nothing in Aussie Rules you total and utter turd of a thing) be so celebrated? This whole sport is just a distraction and a laugh and so what if BT laps that up?

Basil makes nail-biters and a winner after the siren boring. BT hypes up a GWS flogging by 77 points.

Forever on the BT and Richo bandwagon. They're good fun and you're all borderline nuffies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sort of envy people who don't find him irritating, it would be nice to not have him sour an evening of footy. Maybe they're just perpetually positive people.

My main issue is that these days he doesn't appear to have a serious switch that stays on for any length of time. Some games lend themselves to his style, but others have a bit more riding on them. I suppose he's like an actor who's been in too many crappy comedies, & now struggling to get that serious acting role. Sure games aren't life & death, but some people like them called pretty straight. The game is plenty entertaining as it is, most of the time.

I love BT.

He takes the piss. This is footy, not the Russians in Ukraine. Why should it be taken totally seriously and sycophants with no footy knowledge (Bruce, "gaining 20" means something in Gridiron... but nothing in Aussie Rules you total and utter turd of a thing) be so celebrated? This whole sport is just a distraction and a laugh and so what if BT laps that up?

Basil makes nail-biters and a winner after the siren boring. BT hypes up a GWS flogging by 77 points.

Forever on the BT and Richo bandwagon. They're good fun and you're all borderline nuffies.

exactly. They guy is so good to listen too. Everyone who hatin on bee tee wow wee are boring

BT's main problem last season was that he was surrounded by people who were taking themselves too seriously. He would have been much better off with, say, Garry Lyon to play off, rather than Richo.

I didn't pay much attention to the commentary on Saturday night, but it seems like they've improved.

I hope so, he called McDonough Broughton at one stage. Forget that they don't look remotely alike, they don't even play on the same team!

3277806.jpg

Hope this bloke gets the ass next....

I think I'd rather this then Geelong winning another premiership for 44 years. The most insufferable commentator ever.

Would be a step in the right direction if they give BT the flick, the whole Ch7 Saturday night coverage has been abysmal and BT is the worst culprit with his floggishness just ruining games. He was tolerable on Ch9 where he had Lyon and Brayshaw to keep him in check but on Ch7 he is an out of control flog.

I'm not sure just getting rid of BT will solve the problem though, Ch7 should just hand back the Saturday night coverage rights to Ch10 who did a hundred times better job with Huddo, Tim Lane, Quarters and Wallsy with Michael Christian hosting the Fifth Quarter wrap up. They commentated the game seriously and professionally but still kept it fun and entertaining at the same time, they had the right mix of seriousness and humour unlike Ch7.

BT is at his best when he's colour commentator. Not commentating general play.

I used to love when one thing would piss him off in a game (be it an umpire, a player, or whatever else) and he'd spend the whole game arcing up about it, while the others would just shoot him down.

Now it's all catch phrase first, footy second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back