Rumour Bevo to stand down or be sacked soon

Remove this Banner Ad

You keep bashing away at my acknowledgment that Ihave ‘t seen a lot of the Dogs - yet the Coaches votes support my impression.

One thing I do know - he wasn’t an ‘impact player’ at Collingwood, or at the Dogs early on.

His form is patchy, like a number of your other ‘first 22’.

That said, I agree Bevo is a one trick pony - but your current list in it’s current form is in trouble.
I'm happy to discuss these points but try to stay coherent.

I'm a Collingwood supporter

Treloar was an excellent player for Collingwood.

He's been in the coaches votes 3 times this year, this in no way supports what you've said.

The little I've seen if him at Footscray supports my prior assessment.

I'm happy to discuss these points but try to stay coherent.

I'm a Collingwood supporter

Treloar was an excellent player for Collingwood.

He's been in the coaches votes 3 times this year, this in no way supports what you've said.

The little I've seen if him at Footscray supports my prior assessment.
Sorry, with your acerbic knocks on my acknowledged limited 1st hand oversight and on the completely reasonable assumption that he’s ‘patchy’ at best, I thought you supported the Dogs…I didn’t bother to look.

Now I find out you’re talking from hindsight, with no more real vision of his performance this year or relevance as a non-supporter than mine.

The coaches votes include two one pointers, so he was in the best 50% of players on the ground - diesn’t really stand out as a match winner.

Coherent enough for you?

Now, as you’re just another flog BF contrarian with no dog in the fight I think I’ll let you argue with yourself about how high your opinion of yourself is.

Last edited:
Sorry, with your acerbic knocks on my acknowledged limited 1st hand oversight and on the completely reasonable assumption that he’s ‘patchy’ at best, I thought you supported the Dogs…I didn’t bother to look.

Now I find out you’re talking from hindsight, with no more real vision of his performance this year or relevance as a non-supporter than mine.

The coaches votes include two one pointers, so he was in the best 50% of players on the ground - diesn’t really stand out as a match winner.

Coherent enough for you?

Now, as you’re just another flog BF contrarian with no dog in the fight I think I’ll let you argue with yourself about how high your opinion of yourself is.
No worries.

Just on the coherence thing, getting 1 vote from the coaches sort of puts you in the top 10 players out of 44 to 46 (not exactly but lets keep it simple), a bit better than "best 50%".

As for being a contrarian, I'm only knocking silly statements like "Treloar was and is selfish and a downhill skier". That's plainly wrong.

He's had some good games this year, according to senior AFL coaches: let's respect that.

Very happy for some bantz on the Bay if youre into that, get over there. You might need a thicker skin though.

No worries.

Just on the coherence thing, getting 1 vote from the coaches sort of puts you in the top 10 players out of 44 to 46 (not exactly but lets keep it simple), a bit better than "best 50%".

As for being a contrarian, I'm only knocking silly statements like "Treloar was and is selfish and a downhill skier". That's plainly wrong.

He's had some good games this year, according to senior AFL coaches: let's respect that.

Very happy for some bantz on the Bay if youre into that, get over there. You might need a thicker skin though.
Top 50% of ALL players on the field - try to keep up.

Speaking of coherency - I never made that comment about Treloar.

Don’t think I’ll worry about the ‘bantz’ - not sure you’re as lucid as you claim.

Top 50% of ALL players on the field - try to keep up.

Speaking of coherency - I never made that comment about Treloar.

Don’t think I’ll worry about the ‘bantz’ - not sure you’re as lucid as you claim.
Not claiming to be lucid, and definitely struggling to keep up.

Coaches award votes to five players each, often to the same set of blokes. There's a max 10 players who can get votes. Even 1 vote means Treloar is in the top 5 for one of the coaches (the other might have him anywhere but given they often double up its at least likely they rate him too).

How are you getting 50% from 5 ( or lets say at the outside 10) of 44 to 46 players (allowing for subs)?

Coaches award votes to five players each, often to the same set of blokes. There's a max 10 players who can get votes. Even 1 vote means Treloar is in the top 5 for one of the coaches (the other might have him anywhere but given they often double up its at least likely they rate him too).

How are you getting 50% from 5 ( or lets say at the outside 10) of 44 to 46 players (allowing for subs)?
Lets call it a loose call - But there’s been on avge around 8 vote getters per game.

8+8 = 16 out of 44

16/44x100/1 = 36%

So he’s in the top 36% of players on the field - hope you can stop shaking your leg now.

Last edited:

Old mate claims not to watch much of the dogs.

Old mate claims Sam Taylor plays for the dogs.

Old mate cannot be disagreed with on his/her opinion of a dogs player, despite the above and evidence to the contrary.

Lets call it a loose call - But there’s been on avge around 8 vote getters per game.

8+8 = 16 out of 44

16/44x100/1 = 36%

So he’s in the top 36% of players on the field - hope you can stop shaking your leg now.
Why is 8 being doubled here?

It’s 8 vote getters not 16.

I haven’t read the rest of the argument.

Why is 8 being doubled here?

It’s 8 vote getters not 16.

I haven’t read the rest of the argument.
I said ‘he would be in the top 50% of PLAYERS on the field’

I was then questioned on my math, so I did the sum - turns out he’s in the top 36% - on average - of both sides on the field this year.

For an alleged ‘top liner’, I don’t think it’s convincing.

And For what its worth, this is one of the Dogs two big issues - they over-rate their list.

I think Bevo's time is up, but I still believe the Dogs list is unbalanced and still not quite up to being serious flag contention.

They have neglected the midfield in their past few national drafts (understandably so with all their talented F/S and Academy picks) and Libba and Bont have been carrying the load for too long..

I suspect Macrae is cooked at AFL level and I don't blame Bevo for playing him in the 2nds.

The good news for Dogs fans is they re-signed JUH, and should get good draft capital for Bailey Smith and Tim English (if he wanted to leave, which I am still not sure of)

Bevo will exit the Kennel with a promising list that just needs a couple of draft and trade periods (recruiting speedy and talented mids a must)

Would be a pretty attractive opportunity for any prospective coach

Losing Dunkley was a bigger loss than anyone could have possibly foreseen at the time (not Bevo's fault)

Old mate claims not to watch much of the dogs.

Old mate claims Sam Taylor plays for the dogs.

Old mate cannot be disagreed with on his/her opinion of a dogs player, despite the above and evidence to the contrary.
But the evidence is not to the contrary - which puts your comment centre stage in the Parade of the Stupid. 🤫

And I admire that you’ve never mis-named a player.🙄

Whats the bet your batteries went flat getting the % .😆

Oh…..and I’m definitely old…but also not your mate. I don’t want fleas. 🙀

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8+8 = 16 out of 44

16/44x100/1 = 36%

Where are you getting 8 + 8 from? 5 votes from each coach, that's approx 8 total.

I'm not seeing any measure whe re Treloar is anything but a very good mid.

But the evidence is not to the contrary - which puts your comment centre stage in the Parade of the Stupid. 🤫

And I admire that you’ve never mis-named a player.🙄

Whats the bet your batteries went flat getting the % .😆

Oh…..and I’m definitely old…but also not your mate. I don’t want fleas. 🙀
All the best, mate. Give someone a call and have a chat.

Where are you getting 8 + 8 from? 5 votes from each coach, that's approx 8 total.

I'm not seeing any measure whe re Treloar is anything but a very good mid.

The fact you don’t understand why its 8players +8 players speaks volumes.

My original comment was “The coaches votes include two one pointers, so he was in the best 50% of players on the ground (over 8 rounds) - doesn’t really stand out as a match winner”

8 players from each side = 36% of the total of both sides selected.

He achieved this 3 out of 8 times.

Like I said, patchy.

My original comment was “The coaches votes include two one pointers, so he was in the best 50% of players on the ground (over 8 rounds) - doesn’t really stand out as a match winner”

Like I said, patchy.
But it isn't eight players from each side that get votes on average. It's eight players across both teams. Doubling the 22 on each side makes sense, doubling the eight vote getters on average does not. The percentage of vote getters across players on the ground is only 18%.

Like I said, patchy.

This has been Treloars best season with us. Probably our most consistent player so far in 2024.

Like I said, patchy.
Now you say patchy, yes have to agree, injuries have cut back on Treloars ability to dominate for long periods.

The 8+8 still makes zero sense, and still doesnt when you add in "over 8 rounds". Treloars been in the top handful 3 times. I'd suggest he's been close this week too.

Treloar is a very good mid, has injury problems but the weird little dogpile was uncalled for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back