Player Watch Brayden Cook

Remove this Banner Ad

Another impressive outing by Cook against the Doggies.
Not dominating games at this stage of his development, but everything pointing in the right direction.
I already feel confident seeing him approach a loose ball that he will contest strongly and handle the ball cleanly. Also confident that he can hit a target by hand or foot.
Kid will be a star. Probably close to my favourite player as he is bloody tough and is really composed.

One of the commentators on Saturday said that this kid will be a superstar once he's got 50 games under his belt
He will be very good imo. Very few players come straight in and look as comfortable as he does. Has the ability to make opposition watch while he’s got the ball.

Go to the 1min mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember watching Andrew McLeod in his second game for the Crows and thinking, this kid is going to be a star. Getting the same vibe with young Cook. Just looks a Rolls Royce footballer. Reckon he will be very important for us before too long.

Quite possibly.

Lateral movement is very good, time seems to slow down around him when he gets the pill and never wastes it.
I'm starting to worry my annoyance at the lack of mid development may have been a bit early.

Shoey, Pedlar and now Cook ask seem like likely mids with Keays in there we are 4 that I see a being A grade ( I'm not suggesting Martin level, but competent AFL A grade).

Same with Atkins, except Cook can actually tackle and likes getting physical.
Not only that, but Rat (in particular post-2017) often double guessed his own sidesteps, often winding himself into trouble in the process. Couldn’t make up his damn mind

Cook, in comparison, seems very confident in himself when utilising his evasiveness

Had some nice side steps on the weekend. That shot on goal early he was tripped! Very obvious on the replay. Should have been a set shot.

I'm very excited by this guy. Has such raw talent and could play in multiple positions. Fast hands and feet, good in the air and makes good decisions. Great size. Could be anything!

Had some nice side steps on the weekend. That shot on goal early he was tripped! Very obvious on the replay. Should have been a set shot.

I'm very excited by this guy. Has such raw talent and could play in multiple positions. Fast hands and feet, good in the air and makes good decisions. Great size. Could be anything!
Bicks was raving about him last night, told his sons to watch him. He said one play he ran up and down between defence and the forward line a couple of times, then took the intercept mark in defence. So he must have a decent tank which I thought would be a worry.

Cook was interviewed and said favourite position was wing, that’s where he played junior footy.

Rahilly was interviewed later also rapt and said we are yet to see him play more forward of the ball, I wonder if that was a hint of a move to half forward, allowing Hinge back to defence and Dawson to the wing. If Cooks tank is that good, he could play that half forward role pushing back when needed.

You've got a Digital pass haven't you the games are archived.

You do realise he only came to the Panthers in his draft year after playing all his junior career at Happy Valley
Relax, I am joking, I am not arguing the point. Just relaying what he said last night and yes I do realise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back