Box Hill Hawks v Casey-Sun 1st August-2pm@Box Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers, 4P. Terrific report.

Shiels seems like he's stalled a little. Anything to add?

And Breust, how did he go? Played in defense?

If I can add my bit

Shiels - very hard day to judge - I felt 5 out of 10 but I do expect a lot from this gun.

Bruest played forward or mid - reasonable game again 5/10

Cheers, 4P. Terrific report.

Shiels seems like he's stalled a little. Anything to add?

And Breust, how did he go? Played in defense?

Shiels i think had to sacrifice his game to shut down tengrove who killed us in the first. Still hard at it servicable game and did his job tengrove still had a few touches but was no where near as effective.

Breust in and out of it took a great mark in first failed to convert certainly teams are spending more time on him since the start of the season. I also think going on and off the ground has affected his effectiveness apart from a long season. His young body needs a rest

Oh ..... I must have heard incorrectly:eek:
Don't worry X, we're all as confused as ever when it comes to how far the AFL will go to help the new clubs.

Cheers for the report fourpillars, Friartuck, Scout and everyone else.
Good to read a bit of indepth comment on how the team got it together for the win.

I heard that Moss went for a big celebration with the crowd after his matchwinner only to find that there was no one there to high five.

TFP - awesome as usual.

I am keen to catch up with the 'Godfather' Closed Sessions tomorrow to receive an in depth analysis of number 68 - Dowler's perfromance in the development squad. I feel for him, I really do, his confidence is shot, absolutely shot. However, ask anyone who has been delisted from a AFL club and need to find themselves after football, its a brutal game.

2010 VFL Reserves
Box Hill Hawks 6.4 7.5 12.8 14.13 (97)
Casey Scorpions 0.2 3.8 3.10 5.14 (44)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Cass 5 Hoegel 4 Tobin McGuinness George Johnston Sierakowski
Casey Scorpions: Clay 2 Waite Sykes Weekes

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Van Unen McGuinness Smithwick Cass George Tobin
Casey Scorpions: Weekes Burke McDonald Riseley Cleven Creed

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Box Hill Hawks: Nil
Casey Scorpions: Nil

Good to see some upward pressure there. Do people thingk Taylor is ripe to go to hawthorn if required, or does he need some senior time ?

All the other depth players seem to have had senior time this year. Not tails

2010 VFL Reserves
Box Hill Hawks 6.4 7.5 12.8 14.13 (97)
Casey Scorpions 0.2 3.8 3.10 5.14 (44)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Cass 5 Hoegel 4 Tobin McGuinness George Johnston Sierakowski
Casey Scorpions: Clay 2 Waite Sykes Weekes

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Van Unen McGuinness Smithwick Cass George Tobin
Casey Scorpions: Weekes Burke McDonald Riseley Cleven Creed

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Box Hill Hawks: Nil
Casey Scorpions: Nil

No Dowler in the best?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see some upward pressure there. Do people thingk Taylor is ripe to go to hawthorn if required, or does he need some senior time ?

All the other depth players seem to have had senior time this year. Not tails

My opinion is that taylor must play next week for hawks to win. last time mumford destroyed renouf and skipper. Taylor is the big body we need to tap down and get first to the ball to win the clearance.

This is even more important given how small the SCG is. We lose the clearances on that ground, we lose the game. Everyone knows how well they match up on us..

Out Skip in Taylor for me

Maybe even worth resting Renouf.

My opinion is that taylor must play next week for hawks to win. last time mumford destroyed renouf and skipper. Taylor is the big body we need to tap down and get first to the ball to win the clearance.

This is even more important given how small the SCG is. We lose the clearances on that ground, we lose the game. Everyone knows how well they match up on us..

Out Skip in Taylor for me

Maybe even worth resting Renouf.

I'm warming to the idea GH. Infact, spoke to a few people about it today and spruked it up as my own :D

Taylor was one of the keys to our win in the wet over Casey. His big body helped in the heavy conditions and big men as they say don't get smaller. Mumford is a big boy we need taylor to atleast match it with him physically.

I'm warming to the idea GH. Infact, spoke to a few people about it today and spruked it up as my own :D

It's alright, i get paid a fair bit, for a bunch of wanka's to take credit for my ideas. You're a good bloke so i will let you off the hook

Beau paid the price for putting his body on line. was really good as an on baller in the first half, however after the half time break cooled down and couldnt run, so they they went the no risk option. was getting scans apparently.

Interesting that Beau played on the ball the Dev Squad, yet plays forward for BH and HFC.

Wonder if they played him there to get his hands on it after a few lean weeks for BH.

No Dowler this week in either side. The injury might have been worse than we thought. Hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back