Traded Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to 2018
t3w3oHX.jpg

Round 1: Saints win over Brisbane.

Acres enters beast mode, popping up all over the ground to provide strong spoils in defence and clever marks in attack.
30 disposals, 9 Marks, 4 Tackles and a Goal.
Second only to a firing Jack Steven, Acres was the next most influential Saint on the field, and he took his game to another level.
Looking forward to seeing him continue this great form.

VMBVp6P.png

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-03-26/acres-arrives

It’s a sign of things to come for the young midfielder, who is starting to find on-ball minutes after a second consecutive full pre-season.

“I’m feeling really good,” Acres told saints.com.au post-match.

“I get a lot of confidence from my teammates. When they’re telling me they love what I’m doing, I’m able to just go out and play.

“I don’t have to worry about much more than what works for me and how I can help the team.”

Round 3: Saints loss to Adelaide.

Decent game for our boy in an overall disappointing night.
19 Disposals, 2 Marks, 4 Tackles, 1 goal 3 behinds, 77 Fantasy points.

Tried hard all night, but didn't have a lot of backup. Took a few pings at the goals, and was unlucky not to end up with at least one more goal in addition to his excellent crumb of a strong contest from Paddy.

The GOAT needs to bounce back, hopefully with the rest of the team, and come out firing before our season is lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfielder Blake Acres is also expected to miss a month of football due to groin soreness.

“Blake was rested for the Round 7 clash with Melbourne, which the club hoped would resolve the issue,” Lethlean said.

“But after reporting soreness following the match against Fremantle on Saturday night, the club has opted to give him an extended break to rehabilitate the injury.

“Blake has shown some promising signs this year and we hope with a period of rest, he can recapture that form on his return.”

Go Saints

Blake Acres showed once again why he is so highly-rated, racking up 36 disposals to be named best-afield for the Zebras despite the result being an 11-goal loss.

The 22-year-old missed over two months of football earlier in the year due to persistent groin soreness, but his recent continuity at VFL level should have his name firmly in the conversation for selection.

Go Saints

Blake Acres hasn’t played senior football since Round 8 due to persistent groin soreness, but the silky midfielder reclaims his senior spot on the back of a best-afield 36-possession showing for the Zebras.

With over 50 games now under his belt, Acres is one of numerous Saints looking to take their game to the next level and finish the year strongly. He will be important for the game against the Giants.

Go Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back