Keeper Lg. Big Footy Dynasty - 2013 List Managment Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he's not running the wrong way :p

Is still counts as a kick!

Excellent looking pick. Wouldn't have made it past 52 if he'd still been there.

Lewis Taylor didn't put the stats together tonight but I thought he was great. Looks a bit of a freak out there :)

Unknown Caller might have got the pick of the Brisbane draftees, actually, going on last night. Cutler looked very good.

Tough times for Brisbane but there's a few glimmers of light.

And I was saying that I felt like trading too, but that I didn't know what I wanted - why would you think that was a stab at you?

Naw. I love that we could all resolve this peacefully....

Now each of you trade me your best player under 25 and we will call it all square ;):D:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best player u25... Not sure who, sorry, will have to hold off on that trade ;-)

That said, I am offering a few good young players about at the moment, so PM me if you've got players you'd consider letting go :)

I am open to trading a couple of Backs to strengthen my forward group if anybody is looking for a back or two. Also happy to swap a forward or a centre in a multi deal to even the trade up. PM me or put through a trade request if you are interested :)

It's fascinating reviewing last years draft now that the season is over. Onfirst glance these were the bargains (obviously early days)

Aish @7
Bontempelli @ 10
Dunstan @12
Taylor @18
Salem @24
Merrett @27
White @29
Derickx @39
Langford @42
Brown @51
Langdon @67
Thomas @72

It's fascinating reviewing last years draft now that the season is over. Onfirst glance these were the bargains (obviously early days)

Aish @7
Bontempelli @ 10
Dunstan @12
Taylor @18
Salem @24
Merrett @27
White @29
Derickx @39
Langford @42
Brown @51
Langdon @67
Thomas @72

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Out of mine:

RoundPickPlayerTeamPosition
1(2)Jesse Hogan ME F
2(3)Tom Boyd WS F
3(11)Ben Lennon RI F
4(23)Michael Apeness FR R,F
5(29)Matt White PA C,F
6(58)Luke Delaney SK B
7(59)Jake Kolodjashnij GE B
8(72)Matt Thomas RI C
9(86)Lauchlan Dalgleish ES B

Hogan - Well he didn't play a game. Disappointed but was realistically not going to be much of a fantasy prospect this year.
Boyd - started to look good in the last couple of months.
Lennon - was used as a sub for most of his games. Expecting a bit better next season.
The Ape - didn't even get a hitout.
Pretty stoked with White this year. Always loved him at the Tigers and knew they had let one go too easily.
Delaney - didn't pick up any amazing stats, but played every game for the Saints. Usually does well in marks though.
Was hopeful of Jake getting a debut, but at the Cats that was going to be tough. The lesser of the twins, I'm hoping he can get to where Kade can at some point.
Thommo - in 13 games, he was the handball king. Good replacement for the Tigers for Tuck until Miles stepped up and got his position. Can be pretty good in some games with handballs and tackles, but others can be kinda quiet. Good get at 72 tbh.
Dog on a leash - No games.
Simpkin - Pretty average stats.

Some other picks worth noting after pick 40:
Anselm started his draft around here. Picked up 3 decent players in a row.
Langford (42), Nathan Gordon (44), Kennedy-Harris (45). Eli Templeton was in between and was looking good until cut down by injury.

51 - Ben Brown played half a dozen games and dominated in the forward line. Tassie cult hero now.
60 - Cam Wood only played a handful of games, but great pickup for what he did.
61 - Luke Lowden was a one game wonder. 3 goals, 15 hitouts.
73 - Matt Jaensch - pickup of the year? Only 11 players picked after him. Stats are amazing considering.

73 - Matt Jaensch - pickup of the year? Only 11 players picked after him. Stats are amazing considering.
Yep my bad, spectacular turnaround.

For my players:

Scharenberg (9) Was happy picking him knowing hed get no 2014 action but the ACL was very disappointing
Lang (31) Like the little I've seen of him so far - here is hoping he can force his way into the 2015 lineup
McCarthy (46) no idea where he is at. Was always going to be a long term pick
Lemmens (56) Exceeded expectations playing almost every game in defense from round 1
Riley (57) recovered from his long term injury and his VFL form got him some games in the seniors for the second half of the season
Lowden (61) did everything right but 3 quality players ahead of him in the queue
Langdon (67) Wow - wasn't expecting so much so soon
Ross (74) Got some games but after I delisted him
Hewett (87) no idea where he is at
Dempster (101) filled a need quite well!

I only had the 2 picks in the mid to late 30's in Mason Shaw and Fraser Thurlow, but delisted both pretty early on! I delisted Thurlow for Shane Edwards, who I later delisted for Blaine Johnson!

I delisted Mason Shaw for Jeremy McGovern, but then in another Tenderwarrior special, I picked Shaw up again for Tarrant!

So at the end of the day I guess you could say it was a bit of a dog's breakfast!

I did however do most of my list changes pre draft in the way of trades, bringing into my team the following:

David Swallow (basically my first pick and B.Murdoch)
Tom Lynch (GCS) (basically my second and third pick)
Cameron O'Shea (basically J.Merrett)
Jason Johannisen (basically B.Smedts)
Jared Redden (basically Vardy)
Col Garland (basically S.Wright)
Michael Talia (basically J.Simpson)

Last edited:
And my changes during the season. These are not exact, but:

Gaff for Armitage
Lloyd for Garland

T.Lynch (Ad) for Kennedy
Whitfield for Boak
Duryea for Bastinac