Keeper Lg. Big Footy Dynasty - 2013 List Managment Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free Agent signings during the season is one of the best things about this game. Having them limited to 5 makes it quite a big call to use one.

I think my 5 last year were Nicholls, Merrett, B.Murdoch, Burbury and Williams - three of which are still on my list, while the other two were used in trades that ultimately assisted me to trade for O'Shea and Swallow. I would be interested to see others FA picks. Maybe we should have a peer-based award at the end of the season for the coach who is deemed to have been the most astute :)
Impressive, you get my vote!

Free Agent signings during the season is one of the best things about this game. Having them limited to 5 makes it quite a big call to use one.

I think my 5 last year were Nicholls, Merrett, B.Murdoch, Burbury and Williams - three of which are still on my list, while the other two were used in trades that ultimately assisted me to trade for O'Shea and Swallow. I would be interested to see others FA picks. Maybe we should have a peer-based award at the end of the season for the coach who is deemed to have been the most astute :)

Can't really go past that!

I don't remember most of mine.. I know Jack Crisp was one from our first season (and I traded him during the pre-season just now). Last season I picked Blicavs and Grigg up from the FA list. I was talked out of selecting Brad Hill in our first season by another manager (and it wasn't Daysy_12), that didn't work out so good. Sometimes you just have to back your own judgement.

Can't really go past that!

I don't remember most of mine.. I know Jack Crisp was one from our first season (and I traded him during the pre-season just now). Last season I picked Blicavs and Grigg up from the FA list. I was talked out of selecting Brad Hill in our first season by another manager (and it wasn't Daysy_12), that didn't work out so good. Sometimes you just have to back your own judgement.
Pretty sure I encouraged you not to pick b hill but at the same time you should be giving me the credit for mitch grigg ;) who was that spud of a brisbane player you were going to select?

I think you picked up jesse white as well

Also, shall I add the lottery vote thing to the end of season poll?

I think it would be better to have it now - a start of season poll, as it were. It wouldn't be right to vote on it when we already know in what positions we finish.

I think it would be better to have it now - a start of season poll, as it were. It wouldn't be right to vote on it when we already know in what positions we finish.
The point of the end of season poll was that none of the decisions voted in would be in effect until the next season.

What I mean is that we would vote at the end of this season for the change to come in to effect at the end of 2015 season. That way whatever the decision (whether it be this idea or another) we have a way to prepare for it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

What I mean is that we would vote at the end of this season for the change to come in to effect at the end of 2015 season. That way whatever the decision (whether it be this idea or another) we have a way to prepare for it.

Oh, OK.

L_W_P I think you've missed my pick 86 in the opening post ;)

May have been because the lists show it not in bold. Btw, it was Dalgleish.

Got it :thumbsu:

I was having a look over my list and wondering how many of the free agency pickups during the seasons are on my roster still. Out of the total 10 allowed signings I still have Marley Williams, Brandan Jack, Josh Bootsma, Jaryd Cachia and Taylor Hine. I think they're relatively decent pickups off the FA, especially Marley Williams (hoping he gets cleared of his charges in court).

I can't exactly remember who all my 10 were but I do remember Luke Mitchell (misfire) and Tom Derickx were 2 others I signed.

How about everyone else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamie Elliott, Mitch Clisby, Jack Fitzpatrick,Tom McDonald, Josh Walker are all still on my list. Elliott the pick of the litter there.

My hall of shame list includes Tom Gilles, Rory Taggart, Simon White and James Strauss.

Reckon Rockford signed a good one in Ramsay.

Apart from Nicholls, B.Murdoch, Merrett, Burbury and Williams from last year, I think the ones the year before were Mullett, Riley, Evans, Silvagni and Nicholls. but I could be mistaken :)

I've had my eye on Jake Barrett, and I was hoping he'd play in the last NAB Challenge game. But I wouldn't know who to drop. Steven May? Tim Sumner?

What I've learnt is to keep your signings throughout the year. There's always and unexpected player that sneaks through.
That being said, there's 14 teams with 5 signings, I doubt there's 70 good players left in the FA list.

Oh you of little faith.

Maybe the trick is to sign the players that other coaches delist, like Sam Michael.
Even counting the players delisted, 70 is a far stretch is my point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back