BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spudman, what is going on at the MFC? very ordinary performance yesterday, I see Orr didn't play, is he injured? may be a close game next week against South if Clark plays. Great win by Darley yesterday, they are ticking along very nicely, starting to regain injured players. Will the coach get back for finals?

Been struggling with a few key players injured and not at 100% fitness. Will hopefully Find form at the right time with key players like, Both Hickey brothers and Jordyn cotter to come back who has been missed big time.

Been struggling with a few key players injured and not at 100% fitness. Will hopefully Find form at the right time with key players like, Both Hickey brothers and Jordyn cotter to come back who has been missed big time.
Some good in's there Spud. I see Boofa Hibbard didn't play against his old side in either game, is he also injured?

Any truth to Brian Graham being offered 4 weeks suspension for a dangerous tackle from the weekend's game against Sebas?

Have not seen many games this year, been away a bit, but every round when I look at the scores I can’t believe what an even comp we have this year. On their day any of probably the top 8 sides could beat anyone.
One game separates top from 6th. Percentage will be all important. Can’t recall a BFL season being this competitive. The finals series should be great viewing.

Have not seen many games this year, been away a bit, but every round when I look at the scores I can’t believe what an even comp we have this year. On their day any of probably the top 8 sides could beat anyone.
One game separates top from 6th.
Percentage will be all important. Can’t recall a BFL season being this competitive. The finals series should be great viewing.

You are right. Think if any team is 5% off on the day they will probably lose. The winner of the flag this year is going to be the one with the least injuries and a bit of luck on the day.
The next few weeks are massive with most of the top 6 playing each other, getting a ‘home’ final will be very important given each teams record after crossing pykes creek.

I see the premiership favourites in this order: East, Sunbury, Redan, Melton, Sebas, Darley. With East Point finishing top-2 they'll be hard to beat at the Eastern Oval 1st week of the finals. Sunbury may be the smokey, with plenty of onball class, if they get through the first week lookout. Don't think Sebas and Darley bat deep enough to go with Melton or Redan in finals games. The last 2-rounds of the season wont tell us much, its all about finals now, bring it on!

Sportsbet odds
Redan 2.50
Sebas 2.80
East point 3.00
Sunbury 3.20
Darley 10.00
Melton 12.00

Lol Melton were $9 last week now out to $12 after beating Sunbury.

Bloods starting to get a run on like they did late last year. Sunbury cant win away from home. You’d take darley over Sunbury in a 3v6 game at darley park

Sportsbet odds
Redan 2.50
Sebas 2.80
East point 3.00
Sunbury 3.20
Darley 10.00
Melton 12.00

Lol Melton were $9 last week now out to $12 after beating Sunbury.

Bloods starting to get a run on like they did late last year. Sunbury cant win away from home. You’d take darley over Sunbury in a 3v6 game at darley park
Those odds are ridiculous. My order would be East, Melton, Sebas, Redan, Sunbury, Darley

Those odds are ridiculous. My order would be East, Melton, Sebas, Redan, Sunbury, Darley

If you look at the records against the top 6 the order goes
East
Melton
Redan
Sunbury
Sebas
Darley

Redans form of late hasn’t been great but if Grigg starts performing they will be dangerous.
Sunbury have stars on all lines so i think they can compete on the big stage.
Sebas play finals like constested brand. If they play on a big ground reckon they could get exposed for run and class.
Ep are obviously favourites.
Melton are finding some form of late and think they could go well and match up nicely against easts forwards.
Darley are always a tough game but not sure they have the depth

If you look at the records against the top 6 the order goes
East
Melton
Redan
Sunbury
Sebas
Darley

Redans form of late hasn’t been great but if Grigg starts performing they will be dangerous.
Sunbury have stars on all lines so i think they can compete on the big stage.
Sebas play finals like constested brand. If they play on a big ground reckon they could get exposed for run and class.
Ep are obviously favourites.
Melton are finding some form of late and think they could go well and match up nicely against easts forwards.
Darley are always a tough game but not sure they have the depth
I think you’re right about Darley, they had 9 u19’s in the side last week. There wouldn’t be a league in the country where a senior side could win a flag with that many. Good signs for the future though.
Much depends on the finishing order, no team can win it without the double chance imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’re right about Darley, they had 9 u19’s in the side last week. There wouldn’t be a league in the country where a senior side could win a flag with that many. Good signs for the future though.
Much depends on the finishing order, no team can win it without the double chance imo

What a round of footy. Melton and Redan, losses mean no top 3 finish unless Sebas and Darley lose. East safe on top with the bye and whoever wins by more between Sebas and Darley finish 2nd. If they both win Sunbury 4th. Unless Sebas or Darley lose. Darley gone 2 weeks ago play 9 under 19s and beat north in Ballarat and come from 6 goals down and beat top side. East couldn't lose top, did they mentally take it easy ? Redan fallen of the pace a bit and best finish is 4th unless 2 of Sebas Darley and Sunbury lose. Think we were all waiting for Melton to find last years form but will be hard from here. But can still finish 2nd depending on results . My final ladder in order East Darley Sebas Sunbury Melton Redan. Great finals series coming up.

In 2007 Lalor won the Premiership in the Northern League with 12 players eligible to play under 19's, its not a case of can or cant be done, it has been done! Darley are right in the mix, young blokes can run all day! they have a good mix of youth & experience with an exceptional coach.

Melton
What a round of footy. Melton and Redan, losses mean no top 3 finish unless Sebas and Darley lose. East safe on top with the bye and whoever wins by more between Sebas and Darley finish 2nd. If they both win Sunbury 4th. Unless Sebas or Darley lose. Darley gone 2 weeks ago play 9 under 19s and beat north in Ballarat and come from 6 goals down and beat top side. East couldn't lose top, did they mentally take it easy ? Redan fallen of the pace a bit and best finish is 4th unless 2 of Sebas Darley and Sunbury lose. Think we were all waiting for Melton to find last years form but will be hard from here. But can still finish 2nd depending on results . My final ladder in order East Darley Sebas Sunbury Melton Redan. Great finals series coming up.

Your right Melton haven’t found the form they did last year yet but they set the bar very high. However they Beat east comfortably in Ballarat a few weeks ago, Dominated Wendouree, Beat Sunbury and lost to sebas by 3 goals. I’d be happy with that lead into finals. Especially if they can knock off redan @Cityoval this week.

Great finals series coming up. I think we ended up with the best two teams finishing 1st and 2nd in East and Sebas. That game should be a ripper, as I think the two elimination finals will be, Darley v Redan and Sunbury v Melton.
Despite finishing third I think Darley are a bit off the pace, however any team that has Brian Graham, Nick Graham, Heath Scotland and Jake Edwards is going to be hard to beat on their day.
I know it’s obvious at this stage but I’m tipping an East v Sebas grand final. The first all Ballarat grand final since 2014.

Great finals series coming up. I think we ended up with the best two teams finishing 1st and 2nd in East and Sebas. That game should be a ripper, as I think the two elimination finals will be, Darley v Redan and Sunbury v Melton.
Despite finishing third I think Darley are a bit off the pace, however any team that has Brian Graham, Nick Graham, Heath Scotland and Jake Edwards is going to be hard to beat on their day.
I know it’s obvious at this stage but I’m tipping an East v Sebas grand final. The first all Ballarat grand final since 2014.

Agree it is going to be a cracker.
Sebas and east have been the most consistent over the year and deserve the top 2 spots.
Sebas with all their top liners have shown in the last couple of the weeks they will be hard to play come finals. But I still think east point has the highest ceiling of all sides, but will be dependent on key players being available through vfl and injury.
Darley have picked up form since the return of thebgrahams and Scotland are well placed if they can win the first week to get a double chance.
Sunbury and Melton have enough talent and can definitely cause damage but will find it hard to win 4 games in a row.
Redan have dropped off a fair bit and can’t see them doing a whole lot, especially seeing their form the last two weeks.
I think the team which can get the double chance in the second week are likely to make the gf, going to be hard to win multiple games in a row given how close al the teams are. One moment of madness could cause any team to lose on the day (ala Alan O’Connor in 05!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back