BFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Eynesbury & Rockbank have apparently approached the WRFL, I haven't heard anything substantive linking South there (this time around).
Rockbank wont be moving anywhere and South will be in the BFL in 2023. Netball is a key factor in this.

Why would you want to join the WRFL. It certainly isn't the panacea hence why clubs are looking to leave and there is a significant imbalance in the level of competitiveness in some of the divisions too.

Last edited:
Rockbank wont be moving anywhere and South will be in the BFL in 2023. Netball is a key factor in this.

Why would you want to join the WRFL. It certainly isn't the panacea hence why clubs are looking to leave and their is a significant imbalance in the level of competitiveness in some of the divisions too.
Cheers - I don't see the appeal of the WRFL tbh.
If they were to depart, I'd see the RDFL as the more logical destination.
Hopefully they stick around and build over coming years.

Who is coaching Bacchus and is the Sunbury coach staying on?? Any other coaching announcements??

Marsh still haven’t got one, they'd wanna hurry up. Hodgson already signed for next year at sunbury.

Pritchard at South only club that haven’t announced one way or the other. Assume his staying on ?

All other clubs have finalised their senior coaches.

Marsh still haven’t got one, they'd wanna hurry up. Hodgson already signed for next year at sunbury.

Pritchard at South only club that haven’t announced one way or the other. Assume his staying on ?

All other clubs have finalised their senior coaches.
Pritchard not going on unless they're stuck and he might consider it. Going overseas with his family in the middle of next year.

Marsh appointing Williams is an interesting one, will be good to see how he goes.
It's a shame that he had to hang them up as he could obviously play.

Huge to go for a person who has never coached a senior side. Also he had talent but never settled at a club for to long if my memory is correct.
He's coached the indigenous/multicultural squad in Fitzroy & been involved at the Cannons & Northern Bullants so isn't completely green but do agree that it's a reasonable step up.

He's coached the indigenous/multicultural squad in Fitzroy & been involved at the Cannons & Northern Bullants so isn't completely green but do agree that it's a reasonable step up.
Mate he never was senior coach at cannons or northern only a line coach. His really untried..

Having said that it’s difficult to land coaches over the last 3-4 years. Unless your offering huge coin as we know a few coaches are on! 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darley Have added Billy Myers at Matt Denham now, that midfield is shaping up nicely. Anyone know if they Have they lost any players?

Mate he never was senior coach at cannons or northern only a line coach. His really untried..

Having said that it’s difficult to land coaches over the last 3-4 years. Unless your offering huge coin as we know a few coaches are on! 🤣
I'm interested to know what sort of money you think the 3 big names in McCartney Jordan and Maple would be on compared to Merritt , Learmonth and Williams all first year coaches. ???

I'm interested to know what sort of money you think the 3 big names in McCartney Jordan and Maple would be on compared to Merritt , Learmonth and Williams all first year coaches. ???
McCartney on huge coin and I’m sure Jordan would be a bit less but still good coin. However Jordan got Darley from last to finals on the back of limited signings but Bewley, Rodda, Landt all had great seasons.
Maple probably 30-40k and next level down.

McCartney on huge coin and I’m sure Jordan would be a bit less but still good coin. However Jordan got Darley from last to finals on the back of limited signings but Bewley, Rodda, Landt all had great seasons.
Agree mate, I just feel that 30K is the bottom line now.The job is all encompassing these days!

I think you might be selling Maple a bit short with his experience. But agree , in a major league it is all encompassing.

Why would you want to join the WRFL. It certainly isn't the panacea hence why clubs are looking to leave and there is a significant imbalance in the level of competitiveness in some of the divisions too.

Divisional football is attractive to new and struggling clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back