Vic Best and worst areas of Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Never really been far West but in terms of all other areas my favorites are Surrey Hills/Mont Albert and Essendon area.

I'm renting in Doncaster myself and am looking to buy within the next year or so but it won't be round here. Shits expensive

Surely Brooklyn is hands down the worst. The EPA even said the air quality is heaps shitter there than anywhere else.
Wasn't there a report a couple of years back that yarraville actually had the worst quality air?

Pretty sure it is why they were trying to ban the trucks around Hyde street

Recently moved out west, all suburbs along the coast are decent seddon up to point cook (seddon to Williamstown suburbs are amongst some of the best suburbs in Melbourne)

Footscray is still kinda dodgy but it’s great

Anything west from Footscray west, north of all the suburbs on the beach side are dumps, there is a stark difference

Also they can’t upgrade the m1/Westgate tunnel fast enough, the roads/infrastructure out here is terrible

South east is pretty easy, basically the further you go out the worse they get (starts to get scummy bayside from carrum onwards) the inner suburbs are great which is the same for inner north too I guess (up to about Pascoe vale)

Last edited:
I dont know much about the suburb's of meld.

When to a gig at flemington the area around there seemed alright.

I like the small Victorian single frontage houses ..i keep joking to the mrs im moving into one of them with the dogs no room for you..😂.

I think that Flemington/Kensington area is quite nice as well, I looked at a lot of places there when I first moved to Melbourne. I never ended up living there, but it's definitely a spot that has everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that Flemington/Kensington area is quite nice as well, I looked at a lot of places there when I first moved to Melbourne. I never ended up living there, but it's definitely a spot that has everything.
it has a charm to it no doubt. Close to the racecourse, close to the showgrounds. Some nice malaysian restaurants

Currently living in Pascoe Vale and by god this place is soulless. * all shops, like three cafes, parks are s**t, next to no community events. One pub and it’s not even a nice pub you can sink your teeth into, it’s a sports bar filled with Vic Bitter guzzlers on the punt.

It’s safe, and the geographical location itself is great, but * me, would love if we didn’t have to go to Coburg or Moonee Ponds for everything.

Rather be in Coolaroo, PV is boring as all arse

Currently living in Pascoe Vale and by god this place is soulless. * all shops, like three cafes, parks are s**t, next to no community events. One pub and it’s not even a nice pub you can sink your teeth into, it’s a sports bar filled with Vic Bitter guzzlers on the punt.

It’s safe, and the geographical location itself is great, but * me, would love if we didn’t have to go to Coburg or Moonee Ponds for everything.

Rather be in Coolaroo, PV is boring as all arse

I only drive past Pascoe Vale, reckon I’ve never actually stopped there

Laverton.

Worked 5-6 days there over the span of a month pouring around 30 lineal metres of foot path each time in 4 different locations. First time I went down there worked opposite the local drug suppliers house, with a number of people walking up to the door getting their supply before moving on. Second time the guy I was helping left star pickets/pegs with safety flagging only to come back the next day to find them star pickets/pegs gone. The third time he left a couple of safety bollards only for them to missing the next day, he drove around the corner to find them sitting in someones front yard, didn't do anything about it, come back the next day to find old mates car had been lit on fire. The fourth time he decided to use timber pegs with safety flagging only to come back the following day with the safety flagging being knocked off.

Also virtually zero cafes and every shop had a garage door on it to stop the front door from being kicked in.

Genuine s**t hole.

Currently living in Pascoe Vale and by god this place is soulless.

I live in the east but have been going out to the inner west now most weekends and quite like the area.

May well buy there one day. Yarraville and Williamstown my favourites.

The Station Hotel in Footscray make an excellent steak and went with the family there couple of weeks ago. Love the Mona Castle in Seddon - old school pub vibe.

In Willy the beach etc is great and it is a great place to walk there along Esplanade. There are lots of shops and restaurants etc along Nelson Place, Ferguson Street and Douglas Parade.

^ took me years to start taking my dog to beaches on the western side of the bay, some super under rated spots down there.

I live in the east but have been going out to the inner west now most weekends and quite like the area.

May well buy there one day. Yarraville and Williamstown my favourites.

The Station Hotel in Footscray make an excellent steak and went with the family there couple of weeks ago. Love the Mona Castle in Seddon - old school pub vibe.

In Willy the beach etc is great and it is a great place to walk there along Esplanade. There are lots of shops and restaurants etc along Nelson Place, Ferguson Street and Douglas Parade.
You'll need at least a million and a half.

Inner west is insanely underrated by much of Melbourne. Have come across plenty of eastern w***ers who have genuinely never stepped foot across the Yarra and have been looked down on like scum because of my Yarravillian heritage.

Being a Doggies supporter as well it is good to get to know the inner west area. Yarraville village has a great charm. I went to the Yarraville festival earlier in the year. Highpoint shopping centre in Maribyrnong is certainly on par with Chadstone.

I would say the west from where I am in the east is pretty easy to get to. I go via Victoria Street/Parade, Hawke St West Melbourne, Spencer St which becomes Dynon Road typically to get there. You don't need to go on the West Gate.

Last edited:
Inner west is insanely underrated by much of Melbourne. Have come across plenty of eastern w***ers who have genuinely never stepped foot across the Yarra and have been looked down on like scum because of my Yarravillian heritage.

I'm north western suburbs born and bred.

I rarely step foot in the east and you know what- the sentiments are the same. :smilev1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back