Bendigo FNL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

with ladson new coach won't s rosa stick around don't 4get square has this years u-18 gun goal snagger brayden knox to come up into seniors
miten't get 69-70 goals as he did in u-18s in 2012, but will get plenty of service from bell/ladson/rosa etc...

with ladson new coach won't s rosa stick around don't 4get square has this years u-18 gun goal snagger brayden knox to come up into seniors
miten't get 69-70 goals as he did in u-18s in 2012, but will get plenty of service from bell/ladson/rosa etc...
How will the new forward line work without weeks the next best goal ave was O'Toole has he gone back to Ultima to play with his brother?

How has the announcement of Wayne Schultz a recent Michelson Medallist, 100+ VFL game player as a playing Co-Coach with Darryl Wilson at the Strathfieldsaye Storm not been talked about? Huge pick up for the Storm. Storm must really think they are a contender this year if they are willing to fork out some of the cash they will be spending this year keeping all their senior players from last year and picking up Wayne Schultz. No doubt Darryl has one or two other recruits up his sleeve as well, he does every year. With roughly half of the Storm side not even from Bendigo is this going against the spirit of the competition?

not all stormie boys r staying cam Ross and very impressive tall goal kicking winger/hff Ryan Eastman have bailed out
Joining Marty Shadbolt in HDFL with leitchy-gunbower
Judging on 2day's news reports the L~G committee shelling out good coin. even the kyabram dist. boys going there would be attracting heavy coin! :D

not all stormie boys r staying cam Ross and very impressive tall goal kicking winger/hff Ryan Eastman have bailed out
Joining Marty Shadbolt in HDFL with leitchy-gunbower
Judging on 2day's news reports the L~G committee shelling out good coin. even the kyabram dist. boys going there would be attracting heavy coin! :D

Strath was always going to have a high amount of non Strath people playing for them in the first 5 years while waiting for the Juniors to start coming through, we have lost alot of our juniors over the years to Sandhurst and others.

I must admit, if true that Eastman and Ross have left, I am dissapointed for the club, as these guys are local guys that although aren't in the Storms top 10 players currently, we should be trying to build a team that has a higher % of local talent and these 2 would have been good to build this around.

But those are the breaks.

bear .... if eastman wasn't a better proposition in the ones cum finals time than 3 or 4 other candidates i will give up supporting local footy he ended up playing in the magoos if memory serves so to qualify for that grade in sept he must have played down there a fair bit in regular season proper. naturally he's got the hump and looking for greener pastures elsewhere
pastures with a lot more green material around, too

[ps give chelski away lb. man yoo could beat them with 9 men:p]

It was borderline if Eastman was able to play in the Grand Final or not, but he did in the end meet the criteria to play reserves even though the Seniors missed out. He has been a good player and servant for the club and along with Ross will be missed.

Im sure Laddo will have a few tricks up his sleeve and a couple of reasonable connections in Melbourne. he will probably kick 40-50 goals if he plays forward/mid. any truth that Holdstock might be getting off the pies and heading back as well?

Laddo will only miss Tuesday nights in Bendigo, will be there every Thursday and obviously on the weekends. He would not do it if he could not do it properly, I think a few people might be a little surprised on how well he speaks, After speaking to a few players recently they are impressed with him so far and he has made a couple of them change their minds about leaving next season.Great get by the Square, makes it easy when he has wanted to go back there when he finished up at top level, after his flag with Hawthorn he will tell ya his 2nd most enjoyable year of footy was playing Square 3rds where they only made the Prelim final. He is also a ripping bloke off the ground, doesnt mind a beer even if it is mid strength Tooheys. ya would be spewing if u were the Slags where he played all of his footy except 2 years alligned with Square, they never get a mention! F@ck the Slags

Laddo will only miss Tuesday nights in Bendigo, will be there every Thursday and obviously on the weekends. He would not do it if he could not do it properly, I think a few people might be a little surprised on how well he speaks, After speaking to a few players recently they are impressed with him so far and he has made a couple of them change their minds about leaving next season.Great get by the Square, makes it easy when he has wanted to go back there when he finished up at top level, after his flag with Hawthorn he will tell ya his 2nd most enjoyable year of footy was playing Square 3rds where they only made the Prelim final. He is also a ripping bloke off the ground, doesnt mind a beer even if it is mid strength Tooheys. ya would be spewing if u were the Slags where he played all of his footy except 2 years alligned with Square, they never get a mention! F@ck the Slags

So who's changed their minds and are now staying?

What other recruits have come to Bendigo this year?

I doubt that Chris Tarrant would wonder north of South Yarra let alone all the way to Bendigo every weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Page left Kyneton it would be a massive loss to a club that is already struggling pretty badly.

Interesting to see Ferret Wilson sign on with South Bendigo. Should be a handy inclusion to the side as he's a more than handy player. Not a bad bloke either just loves to hit the beers a bit after a game and doesn't mind a bit of niggle on the field.

Anyone have any predictions for who will go well this year? In particular South Bendigo and Castlemaine?

Weeks leaving Square is a huge loss!

Just heard page from kyneton has gone to darley in ballarat league.
Anyone got any news on that down there?

Can confirm that page,Ellis, Clancy have left kynton and signed with darley in the Ballarat league! Can also confirm that save romer, Jake and zac Boyer are off to marong! Won't have there best and fairest in Harrison Huntley due to VFL. Have herd that Luke beatie, Darren chambers and Rory Healy off to daylesford. With all these losses I wouldn't be surprised if the club folds, that is too many losses to replace! Sad to hear

Can confirm that page,Ellis, Clancy have left kynton and signed with darley in the Ballarat league! Can also confirm that save romer, Jake and zac Boyer are off to marong! Won't have there best and fairest in Harrison Huntley due to VFL. Have herd that Luke beatie, Darren chambers and Rory Healy off to daylesford. With all these losses I wouldn't be surprised if the club folds, that is too many losses to replace! Sad to hear

yes the appointment of the coach has been a real winner already

yes the appointment of the coach has been a real winner already
Have to agree that I think the players have shown the committee what they think of the appointment of their new senior coach.
IF Kyneton have lost around the 10 senior player mark being suggested there is no way they can be competitive in the BFL. I think the club needs to urgently talk to Nathan Thompson about taking over and trying to stem the bleeding. Unless they can retain the locals and their kids all is lost. Put the hand up and state we made a mistake and see if the players leaving will reconsider. Not everyone wants to lose every week and other players will feel they have to leave to see what else is out there but I strongly suggest if the committee has a meetinga nd decides it cannot compete it would be better for all to fold and try again in a lesser league next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back