Bendigo FL Thread 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows everyones Pre-Christmas training going? Our numbers have been a bit average but hopefully things pick up if we can finalise a couple of recruits.

I haven't heard much at all from the Flat anyone heard of comings and goings from there?

Eaglehawk sound like they will be tested for depth with Marong and Mitiamo tapping into their fringe group of players while YCW also seem to target plenty of Borough players in recent years as well.

XCELLENT work, Matt.
Alan "The Fox" McDonald coached South to 5 flags in the 1950s. He was a playing coach.

Then he went to Richmond for 6 seasons, I think it was, as non-playing coach. The Tiges never did anyone any damage in those decades.

Until Tommy Hafey arrived they didn't play finals from the mid-40s until 1967.

A member of the McDonald family always hangs the McDonald Medal around the winner of the Magoos b and f every September at the BFNL function.

XCELLENT work, Matt.
Alan "The Fox" McDonald coached South to 5 flags in the 1950s. He was a playing coach.

Then he went to Richmond for 6 seasons, I think it was, as non-playing coach. The Tiges never did anyone any damage in those decades.

Until Tommy Hafey arrived they didn't play finals from the mid-40s until 1967.

A member of the McDonald family always hangs the McDonald Medal around the winner of the Magoos b and f every September at the BFNL function.

Bloody great medal to win too!

Is Kyneton still s**t?

Kyneton have never been 's**t' mate - they are a strong and proud club, as are, for that matter, most clubs - labelling a club 's**t' when you can't be rooted getting off your own arse and tipping in is poor form.

But FYI, Nathan Thompson is co-coaching with Derrick this year, and after a year of blooding youngsters, they are bolstering the nucleus of what could be a very good side with some experienced heads and bigger bodies.

Dryds and Beatts have returned and signed on - there will be more.

There will be a lot of expectation about Kyneton being top 3 material this season with some 'names', the quality of the kids and Redpath, but from what I have been told - 2012 will be a harder year than 2011 - because there will be that expectation of great things, and ultimately it just does not work that way.

2013 is what it's all about.

Is Kyneton still s**t?

Kyneton - played 18 games lost 18 games

Points for = 902
Points against = 3,182

Percentage = 28.35%

A couple of 200+ point losses as well as some more in the high 100's.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Kyneton - played 18 games lost 18 games

Points for = 902
Points against = 3,182

Percentage = 28.35%

A couple of 200+ point losses as well as some more in the high 100's.

Hope this helps answer your question.
And yet they still have the guts and courage to get up off the turf, front up again and try and improve. Hope this tells you something about their character.

And yet they still have the guts and courage to get up off the turf, front up again and try and improve. Hope this tells you something about their character.

speaking of kyneton congrats to redpath for getting a rookie spot not bad effort from the BFL, and playing minimal games,

Hopefully he plays a few games

As great as it is for jack, its a massive blow to kyneton.

He was someone they could build a very good side around.

Whilst losing jack is a massive blow, there would not be one person at the club who would feel a bit disappointed. The Kyneton community was buzzing today when news circulated that jack had been picked up by the Bulldogs, on his 21st birthday to make it even more special. It just shows where the club is heading, and how exciting of a place it's going to be over the next couple of years, if everyone gets behind Dekka, Thommo and the local boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Bendigo has gained Brad Collins from Rochester. A very handy player.

Gday Brad,
Have heard they have also signed a few other classy players...
Can you confirm any or all of these mate?
Sam Obrien and Brad Collins from Rochester
Harry Maddern from K Flat
Adrian and Luke Crawford from Shepparton Bears FC
Brooke Martin and Kane Cook from Benella
Mitchell Winter-Irving from Nagambie
Luke Bell from Heathcote?

If so they will be hard to stop...

Wow, a huge congrats to Jack, but agree it's not great for Kyneton!

Best of luck to him and I hope he puts his head down and gets stuck into it at the Dogs. What a great opportunity for him!

Kyneton have never been 's**t' mate - they are a strong and proud club, as are, for that matter, most clubs - labelling a club 's**t' when you can't be rooted getting off your own arse and tipping in is poor form.

But FYI, Nathan Thompson is co-coaching with Derrick this year, and after a year of blooding youngsters, they are bolstering the nucleus of what could be a very good side with some experienced heads and bigger bodies.

Dryds and Beatts have returned and signed on - there will be more.

There will be a lot of expectation about Kyneton being top 3 material this season with some 'names', the quality of the kids and Redpath, but from what I have been told - 2012 will be a harder year than 2011 - because there will be that expectation of great things, and ultimately it just does not work that way.

2013 is what it's all about.
I know they are a proud club, dont give me s**t about not putting in. I was talking about their performances in regards to last year.

I thought it was great when I heard Thompson was heading back to the club, and from people I spoke to who still live there, it was pretty exciting :thumbsu:

I know they are a proud club, dont give me s**t about not putting in. I was talking about their performances in regards to last year.

I thought it was great when I heard Thompson was heading back to the club, and from people I spoke to who still live there, it was pretty exciting :thumbsu:

I'm not giving you 's**t' mate - it's just an observation I suppose that you don't s**t where you eat.

There are a lot of blokes and ladies busting their balls to make 2012 a better year for the Tigers, and Kyneton - your comment was disparaging at best.

Just out of curiousity, do you play Cricket for Kyneton? I know of a few Taits who play thats all, and just wondering considering your username.

Sorry for not 'tipping in' to the club last year, but being on the other side of the world doesn't make it easy. I always check in to see how the Tigers are doing (as I grew up there) and have a soft spot for them even though I never played for them. I decided to play my footy and cricket for other teams around the area. Mates of mine have and still do play for them though.

I always wish the club well, and have been to many games in the past, bought a snag, and cheered them on FWIW

Just out of curiousity, do you play Cricket for Kyneton? I know of a few Taits who play thats all, and just wondering considering your username.

Sorry for not 'tipping in' to the club last year, but being on the other side of the world doesn't make it easy. I always check in to see how the Tigers are doing (as I grew up there) and have a soft spot for them even though I never played for them. I decided to play my footy and cricket for other teams around the area. Mates of mine have and still do play for them though.

I always wish the club well, and have been to many games in the past, bought a snag, and cheered them on FWIW

Not thinking of the Tatti's are you?

Yes, I am one of the Tait crew (borne out of thatswhatimtalkinabout - TWITA having to go into recess, hence TAITA made sense) but none of us ever, ever played cricket.

We were just ever pretty poor footballers actually.

But our love and respect for the club has no bounds.

Could go either way, just look what happened when he played a game at Milawa this year in the Ovens and King FL. He copped a legitimate bump from a Tarrawingee player and then launched scathing and unwarranted criticism at player, club and league through his role in the media.

We are not expecting any problems in a well officiated league like the BFNL, however just to be extra safe we will have a video camera locked on Aker for the entire game.

Hey all, being a bulldogs supporter there is a lot of excitement on our board about the potential of this young power forward we have rookied, Jack Redpath. While everyone is excited pumped, not many people have actually seen him play.

What we seem to know so far is that he is a great kick for goal, a big unit, is aggressive and extremely hard working and committed given he has overcome two knee injuries. For those on here that have seen him play, any info about his playing style, athletic attributes, AFL comparison or strengths and weaknesses or any other insights about him. From what Im hearing, he could be anything, injuries permitting.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back