Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 šŸ

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Aussies.

Amazing fielding (40+ runs saved) and very good bowling.

Now we see how cooked this pitch is

Let there be dew

130,000 Indians in the crowd displaying an alarming lack of sportsmanship.

How can so many be so quiet?

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.

You want them to cheer both teams?

They hate us.

Silence is respect.

Went to bed 3/46. Up again 3/204. No Maxy.

Love the latest incarnation of the ā€œLittle Aussie Battlerā€. Great work Trav Head and superb support from Marnus.

The mood Travis is in, think I will watch through now.

Travis playing the innings of a lifetime. Match of a lifetime. Turned the first inning around with the amazing catch

Marnus been massive holding down his end and playing a test style inning. Not dissimilar to Cummins when Maxy went off. Best ODI innings I can recall him playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda fitting.

maxwell bowls to Rohit. Caught by Head.

Head goes out to allow Maxy to finish his work with the bar

What a win. Pat Cummins can captain.
Brave decision.

That'll teach the BCCI for dishing up a pitch that both teams could tell was going to favor who batted second (Rohit and Pat both said the same in their post match).

Still a brave decision to veer against the norm and do what we've struggled with this world cup (Afghanistan and South Africa wins weren't the easiest wins batting second in huge must win games).

Think the curators had delusions of grandeur with India batting second and the crowd getting them home under lights.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve watched as much cricket as I have during this World Cup. Hopefully the one day format has had a permanent stay of execution as a result of the quality of the tournament.

I was sitting back watching the preamble last night thinking weā€™ve got no hope but thatā€™s no reason not to have hope. We won the toss and elected to bowl. Strange yet brave. We had the start we wanted thanks to some great bowling backed up by desperate fielding efforts. Headā€™s catch was a beauty as Rohit looked ominous.

And then Virat and Rahul looked a million dollars and Iā€™m thinking weā€™ll be chasing at least 300 against the best bowling attack in the world. I couldnā€™t see where the next wicket was coming from.

I turned to Mrs Robbo and young Robbo and offered a Hail Mary. We need something special here. A run out or a play on to break this partnership. And someone was listening.šŸ˜Ž

To restrict the total to 240 required bowling and fielding of the highest rank. At least India would have to match us unless we panicked. And then we panicked.šŸ˜‘

At 3/47 I was waiting for the dew to kick in and hoping for a miracle.

What happened from that point was extraordinary. This was as good as youā€™ll ever see. Head was imperious (more domineering than arrogant) and Labuschagne was a pest. The death stare he copped from Virat made my night. The dew did kick in and the much vaunted attack was rendered impotent. 6 wickets was a comfortable victory but it shouldnā€™t be viewed as an easy one. The bedrock was hard work against the best team in the world. Itā€™s just that the result makes Australia the best team in the world. Itā€™s funny how sport has a habit of doing that.šŸ¤”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back