Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong the newest WNBL team taking over the Melbourne Boomers. Don't follow basketball really except a few social media clips and of course Caitlin Clark haha. But this is good for the region and definitely want to go up and watch them a few times.
Not sure how it got to this stage for the Melbourne Boomers though

The WNBL is in a world of trouble atm. Geelong picking up the licence of the deceased Boomers is the silver lining of a big dark cloud. A lot of talent is heading for Europe next season amid all the uncertainty.
The free agency period for next season has been delayed to allow the mad scramble to restructure the league and attract investors to the new model to hopefully conclude with a feasible plan.
Hopefully they come up with the best solution rather than the quickest one, because next season is going to be a diluted product either way.
BA want to let go of as little as possible, but potential investors rightly want BA involved as little as possible in the new league, so we'll see over the coming weeks how that ends up.
🤞🤞🙏🙏

I’m a couple days late. But Vale Homicide Williams. A gun on our bball courts and then a star off it in the commentary box. He brought a real American style of media to our game and i think he had a huge part to play with changing the landscape of the NBL. RIP Corey

Couldn’t stand a lot of his hot takes but did some amazing things for the NBL over the last decade. He’ll be missed. 😟

Couldn’t stand a lot of his hot takes but did some amazing things for the NBL over the last decade. He’ll be missed. 😟
Yeah look, I disagreed with Homicide just as many times as I agreed with him, if not more haha. But that was the beauty of what he brought to the NBL, and I could never find any hate for the guy as I had such a respect for him on and off the court. He was a hoops head. He will be missed for sure. There is no replacement for him

Yeah look, I disagreed with Homicide just as many times as I agreed with him, if not more haha. But that was the beauty of what he brought to the NBL, and I could never find any hate for the guy as I had such a respect for him on and off the court. He was a hoops head. He will be missed for sure. There is no replacement for him

Yeah, it just seems like the imports come and go a lot more these days.

Bryce Cotton an exception, however he’s not got the big personality to match.

Boomers squad revised down to 17.

Xavier Cooks, Jock Landale, Dyson Daniels, Will Magnay, Matthew Dellavedova, Jack McVeigh, Dante Exum, Patty Mills, Josh Giddey, Duop Reath, Chris Goulding, Matisse Thybulle, Josh Green, DJ Vasiljevic, Joe Ingles, Jack White, Nick Kay

Not like they removed anyone who was getting a look in anyway - five cuts were Zikarsky, Furphy, Pinder, Froling and McDowell-White.

Xavier Cooks, Jock Landale, Dyson Daniels, Will Magnay, Matthew Dellavedova, Jack McVeigh, Dante Exum, Patty Mills, Josh Giddey, Duop Reath, Chris Goulding, Matisse Thybulle, Josh Green, DJ Vasiljevic, Joe Ingles, Jack White, Nick Kay

Not like they removed anyone who was getting a look in anyway - five cuts were Zikarsky, Furphy, Pinder, Froling and McDowell-White.
I'm glad to see McVeigh and Magnay still in the mix. I'd have both of them ahead of White and Cooks.

Giddey started on the bench but scored 11 points in as many mins in a loss, so maybe back to starting lineup in game 6.

I actually thought he was pretty good in limited opportunities today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually thought he was pretty good in limited opportunities today.
They miss his passing ability when he’s not on court as he can create so much but he lacks the scoring pressure.

Giddey/Daniels
Exum/Mills/Goulding
Thybulle/Ingles/Green
Cooks/White
Landale/Reath

Magnay, Delly, McVeigh, Vasiljec, Kay are just outside our full protection IMO.

Anything that gets the ball in Giddey’s hands more without one or both Shai or Williams is a good thing for his development.

Giddey could become a unique 6th man option for OKC. Or they trade him. Either good for Boomers if he ends up with more playmaker reps.

Giddey/Daniels
Exum/Mills/Goulding
Thybulle/Ingles/Green
Cooks/White
Landale/Reath

Probably spot on, but I still think Magney should go. Who to cut is the hard part. It would probably be Goulding for me. Yep we need the shooting but he won’t be used all that often imo and I don’t think we can afford to cut Cooks or White.

Take Magnay as the bench big, use Reath and Landale together more. Have Ingles in the back up shooter role more imo.

Probably spot on, but I still think Magney should go. Who to cut is the hard part. It would probably be Goulding for me. Yep we need the shooting but he won’t be used all that often imo and I don’t think we can afford to cut Cooks or White.

Take Magnay as the bench big, use Reath and Landale together more. Have Ingles in the back up shooter role more imo.
I would have McVeigh the 13th tbh. I don't think we need 5x PF/C. Honestly would prefer Matisse as a 4 but we're kinda forced into having him as the 3.

Giddey/Daniels
Exum/Mills/Goulding
Thybulle/Ingles/Green
Cooks/White
Landale/Reath

I’d take Magnay over Cooks but otherwise I agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back