Teams Atlanta Falcons - The Dirty Birds

Remove this Banner Ad

No reason Ridder shouldn't start rest of games this season. Front office needs to find out whether his got something so they can look at other positions at top of draft.

Frustrating season to date, I think we have been in every game, except for one, but have only won five of twelve. We have no trouble scoring points, but we having real issues stopping our opponents from scoring.

And despite all our deficiencies, we are only half a game behind the Bucs and still a chance of winning the South. What a weird season.

Mariota aside, can't wait to see how Ridder fares.

I'm concerned that if he is not the answer, we've played too well this season to nab a quality QB in the draft though ...

Doesn't surprise me some of these vets qbs are terrible mentors for rookie qbs. Tannehill saying it's not his job to mentor Willis. For the amount of money Titans were paying Tannehill his job is whatever they tell him to do.

Wouldn't surprise me if Marcus struggles to find another gig when teams know his not willing to help rookie qb develop.

Doesn't surprise me some of these vets qbs are terrible mentors for rookie qbs. Tannehill saying it's not his job to mentor Willis. For the amount of money Titans were paying Tannehill his job is whatever they tell him to do.

Wouldn't surprise me if Marcus struggles to find another gig when teams know his not willing to help rookie qb develop.
It seems to be only starting QBs who are bitches like that. You dont hear about vets at any other position who dont mentor those under them in the depth chart. Must be that theres only one QB, the starter, the leader, and they are uber protective and/or the big man, like the high school QB who dates the prom queen and has his pick of all the others, they all dream of dating the QB .....Look at the way Carr behaved, the others you mentioned, Manning and Brady were the same, Favre with Rodgers, etc.

It seems to be only starting QBs who are bitches like that. You dont hear about vets at any other position who dont mentor those under them in the depth chart. Must be that theres only one QB, the starter, the leader, and they are uber protective and/or the big man, like the high school QB who dates the prom queen and has his pick of all the others, they all dream of dating the QB .....Look at the way Carr behaved, the others you mentioned, Manning and Brady were the same, Favre with Rodgers, etc.

Wideouts and corners are pretty much become like that with all thier diva behavior of late.

Miss the days of veteran qbs being brought in to play while rookie sits and learns with his main job was to mentor young qb and help him get ready to take the starting gig then once rookie was ready happy to go to bench and still help out and mentor and not bitch and complain. Kurt Warner comes to mind for Eli Mannings rookie year. He knew the gig was his until eli was ready to start which from memory about week 10 after they had their bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wideouts and corners are pretty much become like that with all thier diva behavior of late.

Miss the days of veteran qbs being brought in to play while rookie sits and learns with his main job was to mentor young qb and help him get ready to take the starting gig then once rookie was ready happy to go to bench and still help out and mentor and not bitch and complain. Kurt Warner comes to mind for Eli Mannings rookie year. He knew the gig was his until eli was ready to start which from memory about week 10 after they had their bye.
Trubisky and Pickett comes to mind, he knew he was a bridge. Maybe thats just good coaching abd good culture. Mariota is just a bridge too, so he shouldnt feel so precious.

So ... is Ridder our long-term QB and we build around him with our huge cap space, or draft/bring in a vet? Big call to make, and will define our next few years.

Two wins from two games is a great way to start the season.

Robinson looks like a star in the making, and the Riddler has looked good, although a little inconsistant at times.

Yep, 2-0 is a great place to be in.

Loved our 4th quarter comeback. Falcons of recent years wouldn’t have done it.

Ridder will need time - some glimpses so far.

Gonna be a fun year riding the Falcon rollercoaster!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back