Win Prizes Ask an Atheist - Shoe's on the other foot now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, we're going to have a change of tack.

As I'm sure you can see, the thread title has been changed to Ask an Atheist. People who have a question to ask of the atheists who populate this thread - more than the christians do - should feel free to ask questions of them.

If you've still got a live question posted to a christian, feel free to continue conversing for the time being.

Standard board rules apply.

Last edited:
Under what context would you ask your wife to submit to the husband completely like NT says? under what condition would you own slaves? under what condition would women need to be silent in front of men? Under what conditions would you consider an unbeliever to be evil and not worthy or friendship?

Morality of goat herders. What majority of what NT says, aren't original. Turn the other cheek was mentioned by Conficious long long time ago.
Well read the context around any verse, and you will find out what the verse is talking about.

No it wouldn’t be the context I take from it, it would be the context. The context is not subjective.

The context is subjective. Any interpretation of the context of a Biblical verse is subjective.
You read and find out the context for yourself.

Why can't you explain it?
I’m tired and don’t want to use up any brain power.

But you should be able to explain it easily shouldn't you? Without using too much 'brain power'? After all, it seems so obvious to you. Or at least that is the impression you are giving. And you're the one making a claim of truth to these verses.

i did read the Bible i find it appalling that this is considered 'godly'.

Would you consider subjugation of women to be 'godly'?

It's written by people who believed such things back in those ages. It's hardly the message of God.
There is no subjugation in the teachings of the Bible if read in CONTEXT.

The context is subjective. Any interpretation of the context of a Biblical verse is subjective.

Why can't you explain it?

But you should be able to explain it easily shouldn't you? Without using too much 'brain power'? After all, it seems so obvious to you. Or at least that is the impression you are giving. And you're the one making a claim of truth to these verses.
Because I have thought it through many times in the past, I remember the principle of reading the Bible verses in context but forget the intricacies of specific verses. I’m not as smart as you.

Because I have thought it through many times in the past,

Then surely it should be simple to repeat.
I remember the principle but forget the intricacies of it.

So you make a claim, tell us to work out the context, but you can't put it what you claim is an objective "context" yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes correct, because I am too exhausted tonight to spend the time refreshing my memory.
Feel free to research it and present that here. You claim that the New Testament is "documented truth", yet you fail to present any supporting evidence that backs up your claim.

I’m happy to take questions as an anti-theist, atheism is a nomenclature, it’s a pointless word, invented by believers, the enemy.
Yes I am the enemy.
I consider myself as an anti-christ, but no more than an anti-Moses, an anti Abraham, anti Mohammed, anti Mormon, anti-Scientologist, anti cultist.
There is no consideration in the invented works of man to a higher power that has been presented to me that I could ever favour!
Your Middle Eastern myth is toxic, and I stand before it as a purveyor of logic and reasoning.
Prove your case!
I will adjust my position!

I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

What is this? under what sense is this not subjugation? I have female friends who are Christians who also avoid these verses like a plague.
I reckon smart Christian men avoid those verses too. You wouldn't tell your wife to be quiet and submissive unless you're a masochist.

I’m happy to take questions as an anti-theist, atheism is a nomenclature, it’s a pointless word, invented by believers, the enemy.
Yes I am the enemy.
I consider myself as an anti-christ, but no more than an anti-Moses, an anti Abraham, anti Mohammed, anti Mormon, anti-Scientologist, anti cultist.
There is no consideration in the invented works of man to a higher power that has been presented to me that I could ever favour!
Your Middle Eastern myth is toxic, and I stand before it as a purveyor of logic and reasoning.
Prove your case!
I will adjust my position!
So when jeebus said "meh your neighbour (as yourself)" you assume he meant/you should:

A/ Give them a visit from wristo

B/ Bash open their heads and feast on the goo inside.

??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back