April Punting Thread - Sydney is racing on a good track - April Fools

Remove this Banner Ad

"

The trainers seem to copy the best trainers methods and there are very few innovators I reckon. Gai is probably one of the few exemptions, you could almost bet her horses will jump to the front in almost any race.

Now days most horses are taught to sit and sprint, and leaders run "where they are comfortable". What this does means that the races are run slowly and horses with the best sprint win. What I loved about Jenni is she took all those horses out of their comfort zones and stole a group 1. I do not understand why these tactics are not used more. The leader might not always win but it will give itself a better chance of winning by taking out a lot of the weaker horses who won't be able to finish off.
Yeah I don't understand how this works either, you hear it said that French racing that it's a lot of sit-and-sprint (more so than English racing). And then Japanese and Hong Kong racing seem to have none of it at all. Is it something to do with the tracks (French are stickier, Asian racing is firmer) or is it the stewards (French are more laissez-faire)? I remember Mostahdaf winning the Juddmonte over Paddington and all the talks was about the tactics, that Paddington was more of a miler and that it was smart to test him with the strong pace -- isn't that just bleeding obvious and what anyone with a proper 2000m horse should be doing?

Mornington Cup Winners - Record in Caulfield Cup Since Mornington Cup Became Ballot Free Entry into Caulfield Cup

2024: Esti Feny: ??
2023: Right You Are: 5th
2022: Crystal Pegusus: 14th
2021: Mount Popa: DNR
2020: Aktau: DNR
2019: Self Sense: DNR
2018: Kings Will Dream: 6th
2017: Tally: DNR
2016: Berisha: DNR
2015: Banca Mo: DNR
2014: Instrumentalist: DNR
2013: Tuscan Fire: 12th
2012: Norsqui: DNR
2011: Guyno: DNR

Since 2011 Mornington Cup became Caulfield Cup ballot free race - winner of Mornington Cup guaranteed a start in the Caulfield Cup

DNR = Did Not Run

Back-To-Back wins for Overpass in The Quokka. A 2nd/3rd Tier sprinter in the eastern states but gets the job done once again in Western Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intetesting that the owner of T O ROYAL said he wants to try to get to the Melbourne Cup if he can. Will likely find it too much of a nightmare to get out here but gee you would do what you can and more to make it happen

Intetesting that the owner of T O ROYAL said he wants to try to get to the Melbourne Cup if he can. Will likely find it too much of a nightmare to get out here but gee you would do what you can and more to make it happen
$15 on TAB
$61’s on SB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back