Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep electric buses are really common overseas
Have been for years
Electric bloody everything.

We really are dinosaur shit here. I spent a few months in London on my long service leave last year. Street lighting in London central suburbs is almost entirely solar, with a lot less sun. And all the light poles where I stayed double as electric chargers for street parked cars. So people buy those cars because the infrastructure makes them possible.

Another vast benefit from when I lived there 20 years back is the noise reduction. I was seriously impressed

We really are dinosaur s**t here. I spent a few months in London on my long service leave last year. Street lighting in London central suburbs is almost entirely solar, with a lot less sun. And all the light poles where I stayed double as electric chargers for street parked cars. So people buy those cars because the infrastructure makes them possible.

Another vast benefit from when I lived there 20 years back is the noise reduction. I was seriously impressed
Yeah imagine it houses in an English winter we'd all die

Northern Europe has lots of wooden houses. Just built better
I made no comment on materials

Built better is the important part

This week I have sat next to 3 people that stood out in my mind
Honestly, no one wants to catch a bus other than cost saving side.
You’re judging people by your standards, which aren’t super impressive.

I can afford other means but always use public transport unless the journey doesn’t supply alternatives. I’ll walk to the shops unless weather makes it too problematic. Not everyone is a precious soul to fragile to sit near to someone who they don’t like

We really are dinosaur s**t here. I spent a few months in London on my long service leave last year. Street lighting in London central suburbs is almost entirely solar, with a lot less sun. And all the light poles where I stayed double as electric chargers for street parked cars. So people buy those cars because the infrastructure makes them possible.

Look, we’ve been poor, no question. But let’s not pretend it’s even remotely comparable rolling out infrastructure on a tiny island with tens of millions of taxpayers in concentrated areas compared to a nation as vast as ours with far less concentration of population. Europe should be leading the way. Not to say we shouldn’t be following faster.

Look, we’ve been poor, no question. But let’s not pretend it’s even remotely comparable rolling out infrastructure on a tiny island with tens of millions of taxpayers in concentrated areas compared to a nation as vast as ours with far less concentration of population. Europe should be leading the way. Not to say we shouldn’t be following faster.
Agree totally with this. And also agree that we haven’t been tackling our own challenges to improve our infrastructure remotely aggressively enough.

My parents caught electric buses in vegas a decade ago

We use our shitty urban planning as an excuse to not do anything frequently

My parents caught electric buses in vegas a decade ago

We use our shitty urban planning as an excuse to not do anything frequently
What urban planning? State governments and councils only care about the stamp duty and rates that new houses/estates bring in, they don't care if they are unliveable and have no employment near them.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nut has electric planes, that can charge before they fall out of the sky.
He's gone off the deep end. You should ignore him.
Sorry are you saying electric planes aren't real?

5 minutes seems wrong given physics

Your right it was 6 minutes

Nut has electric planes, that can charge before they fall out of the sky.
He's gone off the deep end. You should ignore him.

DHL have order 5 billion worth electric planes..… you should get out more.

And the Airbus have had wind generators that the can deploy to restore electrics for decades…

Your right it was 6 minutes

That's almost incomprehensible speed I must learn more about this

That's almost incomprehensible speed I must learn more about this

There is a massive need to upgrade the grid and charging capabilities..

New battery technology can take massive amounts of charge.

Large commercial planes are not that far away … I’d say with in 10 years there will be a 100 seat electric plane capable of operating on most high density routes. Like Mel-Syd… charge times will be a non issue.

There is a massive need to upgrade the grid and charging capabilities..

New battery technology can take massive amounts of charge.

Large commercial planes are not that far away … I’d say with in 10 years there will be a 100 seat electric plane capable of operating on most high density routes. Like Mel-Syd… charge times will be a non issue.
I honestly think Melbourne to Sydney should be fast trains, not planes

I believe that change is going to involve actual change not just change of fuel source

Our lifestyles are not sustainable

Pretty easy to build things with no environmental, safety laws, worker rights, opposition and tender processes being entirely based on whose pocket is being lined.

Yer and our system works so much better …. Cant even build a metro train link with out it being a sh!t fight.
China must be so jealous lack of corruption 🤣

Yer and our system works so much better …. Cant even build a metro train link with out it being a sh!t fight.
China must be so jealous lack of corruption
So not commenting on the advantage China has from having no safety, employee rights or environmental concerns? Their dictatorship can do things quicker largely because they don't care about people.

We should do much better in terms of efficiency and corruption but they have a lot of advantages if all you care about is project delivery

Pretty easy to build things with no environmental, safety laws, worker rights, opposition and tender processes being entirely based on whose pocket is being lined.

yeah as if our government gives a shit about environment when it comes to projects

and yeah the tender processes here are so above board

amazing how you think the reason we don't have better trains is anything other than government neglect

yeah as if our government gives a s**t about environment when it comes to projects

and yeah the tender processes here are so above board

amazing how you think the reason we don't have better trains is anything other than government neglect
I dont think they care much but there is a lot of pointless bureaucracy that is supposed to protect the environment etc and all it does is slow down projects and increase their cost. Not to mention the whole pandering to minority seats means pollies prioritise projects the wrong way.

We can do so much better, I was just noting that a violent dictatorship isnt a fair comparison, it would be better to compare our poor progress against other liberal democracies like Japan, Korea, Europe etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back