Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

For those interested, a proper journalist (Karen Middleton) uncovers what went wrong on Monday when the story of a protest became all about Albanese rather than the message.

It adds some much needed facts and intelligent analysis to a story that has been largely about politics and narratives, including in this thread.

As Middleton says, 'it was never going to be possible for the prime minister to go to a rally designed to challenge government and think he could show solidarity with no strings attached.'

'Albanese’s frustrated utterances, albeit under heavy provocation, were disastrous. In letting his heart rule his head, he stumbled into a PR nightmare and found himself in a days-long public war with a young victim-survivor – precisely the opposite of what he had been trying to do.'

But as Middleton points out, the claims he was doing it for the optics, for cynical political reasons are just plain wrong.

Well if a journalist says it then it must be true :rolleyes:

Especially someone with a personal relationship that wrote a book about him.

This is like how he grew up in public housing with a single parent but has done nothing for people in that position now.

A great story to humanise someone who's policies don't give a s**t about people that experience it now

Gotta love the media

Lets publish articles by men whinging about their feelings being hurt by the fact men kill women is in the news cycle

Waleed is such a hack too

Waleed may have more reason to feel that way because Muslims have unfairly been expected to loudly denounce acts of extremism by a minority of Muslims or be seen as endorsing it. But this is not the same thing. When people ask men to play a role, I’ve never seen it as blaming me for the acts of domestic violence or that I endorse domestic violence if I don’t make a public statement, it’s just asking men to model good behaviour and watch out for bad behaviour. Those taking it as a personal attack seem far too defensive.

We can do both.

I’ve been very critical of most advertising campaigns in this space. Wishy washy, confused trying to get complex concepts in simple messaging.

We can do better

Maybe an enquiry is needed into how efforts to rectify are missing the mark

Not bad, just not working. Deliver the message direct to offenders not via others.
By the time we're delivering messages to offenders people are dead. If it makes men uncomfortable or feel like they're being targeted by anti dv messages it's because they're meant to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the time we're delivering messages to offenders people are dead. If it makes men uncomfortable or feel like they're being targeted by anti dv messages it's because they're meant to.

So you arent agreeing a lot of the messaging has been woeful. The consent adverts among the worst

I’m not feeling uncomfortable just bemused.

But really, happy to feel uncomfortable to save a life somwhere. We both know it won’t

Incidentally was at Warburton yesterday, the teams there did the tribute too.
If it was done at all levels it’s a strong community message
Beautiful setting in the fine autumn weather
92480D18-E3B5-4D11-884F-D2002CB73F72.jpeg

I did not know about this 'personal relationship' between Albanese and Karen Middleton.

Tell me more.
Didn't read the article?

I’ve been very critical of most advertising campaigns in this space. Wishy washy, confused trying to get complex concepts in simple messaging.

We can do better

Maybe an enquiry is needed into how efforts to rectify are missing the mark
If the message isn't getting through,might be time to call Henry and see if he can get the band back together,message will be driven home.
Although it could lead to emasculation.

Guess what else happened during covid?

Welfare payments were doubled
Thank you.

Material conditions, why is this so hard to get peoples heads around, improve peoples conditions and these things happens less. Give the povs money

A person can leave and find safe lodgings, a person is less likely to lash out if they're not under housing/financial stress, alcoholism/drug abuse levels drop as poverty levels decrease.

How? wealth redistribution(if we're in a capitalist economy), can argue how you do this in a non inflationary way from taxing corps to nationalising natural monopolies, but it really is quite simple. A more equal society is a more healthy society

Of course your rape culture and things is a little different and education/punishment is the thing here. If all parties are on an equal baseline I think this wouldn't happen nearly as much

Loving how he's pretending this is a new thing he's just made available when its been available for over 2 years because Morrison brought this in when he was being criticized for doing nothing about the same issue that Albo is now doing nothing about.

Same payment which isn't $5k, its a maximum of $1500 cash and a maximum of $3500 in vouchers and you have to already have left to apply for it.

Most people who get it done get close to the 5000 and half the people who apply get nothing.

It's not an emergency payment either you jump through hoops for weeks to be able to access it.

This does nothing to help people leave

This has been the problem with the welfare system for the last decade, it's not the amount(really) but the wait time and Byzantine mechanisations to get through it. That payment would have been great 2 months ago, a lot of people give up

Lol 'lean'.

Nah, there's a few on here that run with two left feet, one has even admitted they're further left than the Greens.
Season 2 Lol GIF by Sweetbitter STARZ

Lol 'lean'.

Nah, there's a few on here that run with two left feet, one has even admitted they're further left than the Greens.

Do we need to provide you with a safe space from left leaning posters?

Albo better quickly get into china for a selfie with the Chinese president… that’s his usual response to these sorts of things.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
... assuming this is even a true depiction of Albo's response (narrator: it wasn't) this would be a worse reaction to this than trying to provoke China into an actual war - as Morrison did - how, exactly?

Of all the things to criticise Albo for, and you choose this. heck me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back