Another US mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine us going to the GF parade and being worried about getting shot. What a shithole that place is
It's actually completely within the realms of possibility, It's just not many Australians wake up and think I'm going to go shoot a bunch of people.

Who knows, maybe if we had 400m people instead of 26m there would be more shootings

It's actually completely within the realms of possibility, It's just not many Australians wake up and think I'm going to go shoot a bunch of people.

Who knows, maybe if we had 400m people instead of 26m there would be more shootings

kind of hard to conceal a hunting rifle.......

America has shootings because A) they have surplus guns and B) they almost have zero regulation around guns.

Australia has firearms yes, but the amount of regulation we have makes mass shootings almost impossible. if a nutcase wanted to get a gun and shoot up a school in Australia they probably could, the issue is where do they even get the gun in the first place.

kind of hard to conceal a hunting rifle.......

America has shootings because A) they have guns and B) they almost have zero regulation around guns

Australia has firearms yes, but the amount of regulation we have makes mass shootings almost impossible. if a nutcase wanted to get a gun and shoot up a school in Australia they probably could, the issue is where do they even get the gun in the first place.
John howard made a tough call post port Arthur

John howard may a tough call post port Arthur

Unfortunately, in life at times you need to cater for the lowest common denominator, Australia did the right thing. America though, will never learn, guns are now so ingrained in their culture. This issue will NEVER be solved.

It is a matter of time until we are yet again pissed off because a bunch of kids are massacred in a school, and the US will again do nothing about it. it is the definition of insanity. All because a bunch of blokes 200 years ago said they had the right to carry around a ******* single shot musket lol, that took 5 minutes to reload.

I could think of little worse than being a parent of kids in the US.

The fact that all the things America is great at and does for the world. The fact they can't sort out an issue, that is at its core simple as s**t. Is a blight on their entire country.

Last edited:

There wouldn't be because next to no one has a gun here. That's the key issue

They literally have more guns than people, then can't figure out why shootings occur. Whereas we have no shootings and no guns. Just a coincidence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it's because for those that do think that kind of s**t, they don't have easy access to guns.

Here in Australia pretty much any criminal record, mental health history, history of DV etc rules you out instantly, and then you need to demonstrate a very good reason to own a firearm (hunting with a landowner's express permission, or significant involvement in a shooting club, usually surrounded by sane shooters who can red flag a bad person at any time).

You need a safe bolted to the floor, and to comply with all the bullshit in the relevant Firearms Acts. As in you've really gotta want one to put up with the administrative and regulatory bullshit that goes with it.

Contrast this to the States where literally any idiot can walk into a Gun show and purchase a semi-automatic/ 30 round capacity intermediate cartridge round (like the AR-15) with lasers, a suppressor, holographic sight and more on the rails (and even if you happen to be so deranged that Federal gun shows won't sell them to you, there a literally tens of millions of unregistered firearms on the black market, that are dead easy to get your hands on).

In Australia, our nutters and incels are basically limited to writing sternly worded nonsensical letters to their local Council every other day, or standing on the edge of the dancefloor holding everyone's purses sadly looking on while their female 'friend' hooks up with some macho dickhead.

In the US, they go out and buy a gun.

Don’t get me wrong this shooting is an absolute tragedy but as far as I know only 1 person is dead …… the very pro gun crowd won’t consider one death a big deal and will probably try and blame it on video games or something. This could potentially be out of the news cycle pretty quickly without anything really been done about it

Don’t get me wrong this shooting is an absolute tragedy but as far as I know only 1 person is dead …… the very pro gun crowd won’t consider one death a big deal and will probably try and blame it on video games or something. This could potentially be out of the news cycle pretty quickly without anything really been done about it

The death count is largely irrelevant to the US giving a s**t. If 28 odd kids being killed at Sandy Hook, and 19 odd kids being killed in Uvalde doesn't move the needle. Nothing will.

Gun sales go UP after a mass shooting. Let that insanity sink in lol.

The best thing for business for a gun salesman in that utter shithole of a country, is a mass shooting.

Their only response is to produce MORE guns so they can further arm themselves. Place is just ******* bonkers man.

IIRC Kansas has permitless concealed carry laws for any adult. That means 18 year olds can have a machine pistol under his Chiefs jacket with no need for a permit even.
F F S

Quick FYI Kansas City is not in actually Kansas, at least for the most part.

It is majoritly in Missouri.

The border between the two states intersects the western side of the city, but the shooting itself was actually in Missouri.

Unfortunately, in life at times you need to cater for the lowest common denominator, Australia did the right thing. America though, will never learn, guns are now so ingrained in their culture. This issue will NEVER be solved.

It is a matter of time until we are yet again pissed off because a bunch of kids are massacred in a school, and the US will again do nothing about it. it is the definition of insanity. All because a bunch of blokes 200 years ago said they had the right to carry around a ******* single shot musket lol, that took 5 minutes to reload.

I could think of little worse than being a parent of kids in the US.

The fact that all the things America is great at and does for the world. The fact they can't sort out an issue, that is at its core simple as s**t. Is a blight on their entire country.
Its how America deals with s**t. By shooting it.

Its not a blight on their entire country it is their entire country. Its what they are about. Shooting people is a fundamental part of their culture.

Quick FYI Kansas City is not in actually Kansas, at least for the most part.

It is majoritly in Missouri.

The border between the two states intersects the western side of the city, but the shooting itself was actually in Missouri.
Yeah I know, I'm American. I was trying to remember which of the two had that s**t law.

I venture onto r/conservative every now and then to see what they're currently frothing about, well the other day they were in celebration mode coz someone shot a shooter dead in a church. It was like they'd been vindicated, after how many hundreds and thousands of deaths, they got their good guy with a gun turning up. I guess they knew to make the most of it, as it doesn't happen very often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back