Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

They also constantly (especially Maher) bait each other into making out that the other said something controversial. It's infuriating.
Anyway, I stopped listening when they came back after the break.
Thank * for Car Play on my commute.

You've just summarised the ethos of every single show on SEN, apart from Dwayne who doesn't have time to bait after getting whiplash from ripping through 200 calls without a breath.

& Sorry but I don't get all this "Shags" sh_-
Is he saying you like to Fcuck?? He's basically Sl#t Shaming.
Cancellation Candidate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really think it's hard to defend calling a police officer a 'stupid white bastard'?
Yeah, I do. It's 2024.

So it's OK to racially abuse police officers?

Racism is fine if the person 'deserves' it, due to their profession or skin colour?

As my post clearly stated, understanding of his point - that I completely disagree with.

I respect that you have a different view, but if you could put forward an argument that explains why ‘stupid white bastard’ is an acceptable comment and not a racial slur, I’d be genuinely keen to hear it, and back on point, I don’t know how Andy Maher could defend it either. Surely as a society we have zero tolerance on racial slurs these days, no matter who says it?

I respect that you have a different view, but if you could put forward an argument that explains why ‘stupid white bastard’ is an acceptable comment and not a racial slur, I’d be genuinely keen to hear it, and back on point, I don’t know how Andy Maher could defend it either. Surely as a society we have zero tolerance on racial slurs these days, no matter who says it?
It is hilarious to paint this as a 'slur'. Can't you see the stupidity of a white English policeman accusing a woman of Indian descent of racism against him? This is the most obvious bullshit culture war beat-up ever. Maybe if people got as upset about actual racism as they did about this we might have a chance of reducing it.

Trying to make it out as some kind of tolerant ideal is odd. Context matters. Understanding what racism actually is matters too.

Regardless, Andy Maher is a hecking moron.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back