Mega Thread All things Jack Watts - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree, I have so far refused to abuse Terlich this season because he busts his ass for the side despite his shortcomings in other areas
If you work your ass off and lay a big tackle or get crunched in a marking contest it lasts just as long in my mind as a bad kick
Watts just constantly leaves a poor taste in your mouth with everything he does, there is nothing at all you can applaud in his play apart from smart decision making sometimes with ball in hand
Surely he has lost the respect of the coaching staff now

Also agree on Pedo what a universal turnaround in respect from the supporters
Yeah I'm with you. I refuse to can guys like Terlich and McDonald for bad kicking when they continuously bust arse each and every week.

It's not about being hard it's about care and effort. About doing it for your team mates, about giving a ****. If you bring those things, with even a half decent skill set you'll impact the game. But at the moment, he is having no impact. Zero.

So he should definitely be dropped. Not just to send a message, but to actually improve the team that takes the field vs Adelaide.

And if he doesn't respond well to it, then he can stay there for the rest of the year.

Who cares how he responds to it, This isnt about Jack Watts anymore this is about the MFC and for onfield effort and desire he isnt good enough to make the 22
If he goes to the VFL and plays poorly then tough t***ies we can delist him, there is no need to put itself out for him anymore he isnt the number 1 pick he is a melbourne player

He dropped "that" sitter because he was expecting contact that never came.

He's arguably the greatest pea-heart I've seen grace a footy field.
Still Morton. Watts is nervous, Cale was terrified.

Im going to say despite the hate Morton was a tougher player than Watts
Not in the air. I hate Watts more than Morton. Cale didn't have Jack's talent. More tank yeah and theoretically stronger overhead but so damn frightened of packs. Jack will at least get in one and pretend to contest every now and then.

Now you're just being silly

Haha after everything he has copped

Mentions Morton

drones-fashion-week.gif

Who cares how he responds to it, This isnt about Jack Watts anymore this is about the MFC and for onfield effort and desire he isnt good enough to make the 22
If he goes to the VFL and plays poorly then tough t***ies we can delist him, there is no need to put itself out for him anymore he isnt the number 1 pick he is a melbourne player
Unfortunately he has a contract that runs until the end of 2016.
The only way to get rid of him is to trade him, I have no idea who would take the bait.
As I see him he is now in his sixth year and is basically the same now as in year one.
He will not change.
We might be able to do a deal where we pay part of his salary.
That way someone may take the bait and believe that can get out of him what three different senior coaches have not achieved.
Otherwise we are stuck with him for another two and a half years.
WE sure can pick em.

How Watts gets a game is beyond me the blokes got the intensity of a grandmother. Last night there were a few incidents were he shows he has the pace of a 50 year old. Kudos to Demons fans for putting up with this bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Watts gets a game is beyond me the blokes got the intensity of a grandmother. Last night there were a few incidents were he shows he has the pace of a 50 year old. Kudos to Demons fans for putting up with this bloke.
Could you take him DBS?
We gave you that gem in Gysberts so you owe us!
Can we give you JW plus half his salary for any reject you have available?
Please!

Went to the game last night, as neutral supporter I really felt sorry for Jack.

I couldn't believe how much hate and ridicule was coming from his own supporters each time he went near the ball let alone the abuse from the opposition, and not surprisingly he played like a person who has had his confidence completely shattered.

It's hardly an environment conducive for getting the best from yourself (at Melbourne), best thing for both parties would be to part way at the end of the year.

A fresh start in a more established side is what he needs, and hopefully you guys can get something decent in return.

The abuse Paul Salmon received from Essendon supporters was worse

Talk of getting a 1st rounder earlier in this thread is ridiculous. Getting anything in the early 30s would be a win. I doubt we'll be able to turn him into a decent player. It's his head that's stuffed. Just doesn't want the ball enough and lacks the hunger and desire to win every contest he's in. I know people think he's too weak physically, but I don't really think that's the case. He could be the strongest man in the world, but if he's too lazy or scared to lay a tackle, or try and break one, those physical traits are useless.

Went to the game last night, as neutral supporter I really felt sorry for Jack.

I couldn't believe how much hate and ridicule was coming from his own supporters each time he went near the ball let alone the abuse from the opposition, and not surprisingly he played like a person who has had his confidence completely shattered.

It's hardly an environment conducive for getting the best from yourself (at Melbourne), best thing for both parties would be to part way at the end of the year.

A fresh start in a more established side is what he needs, and hopefully you guys can get something decent in return.
The reason is that he has been like this for six years lenny.
There is a limit to what people can take.
Every MFC supporter I know would love to see the back of him.
He has all the talent in the world but a pea heart.

Are you all finished yet? Good.

He signed on under Roos last season, he has a shit attitude but he still contributes to the side when he is on.

Stop joining in the circle jerk and think of ways he can contribute. Perhaps he goes back off HBF and we forget he was pick one.

Roos will want to fix him, things like 'send him to Casey for two months' are stupid. Be constructive.

Should be dropped, along with Howe.

Could cop one shit game with poor effort - not two.

He doesn't want the ball in his hands at the moment.
This. If he plays well in the two's, bring him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back