Toast All hail the Chief - 2024 AFL Legend

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw he rated Jarman then Platten and then someone else who I cant remember now? As the best kicks to lead to.

Now I think this is BS but I heard that apparently GAS played fullback one time on Dunstall and Dunstall kicked 9 on him. Maybe one of the older gents on here can confirm. Amazing if true.
This is half true.
JD already had 5 or 6 when Ablett was moved onto him in the last quarter, game was down at Geelong.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is Dunstall the first Queenslander to be named an AFL legend?
Maybe. Depends. He's certainly not the first AFL Legend to also be in the Queensland Football Hall of Fame.

This might call for a riveting "Which state is Leigh Matthews most associated with?" thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll save you the time of making a thread, Leigh Matthews is unequivocally a Victorian.
But not save me from reading a boring response to a rhetorical question.

.Goal machine and loyal. was offered the brisbane deal for 10 years
Yeah I remember vaguely…that by then he had investments in commercial Melbourne properties (that pub on bridge rd Richmond) and real estate etc

He knew what he was doing and stayed in Melbourne with an eye for a post career in the media for extra income

It’s not a rhetorical question. It’s a stupid, pointless post on your behalf.

Mathews was from the Mornington peninsula.

What else would you be implying?
The implication is that Jason Dunstall is indeed the first Queenslander to be named an AFL Legend, because the next best candidate would be a guy who (despite being in the QLD HoF) is from another state.

Simple post with a clear point which only a stupid person could miss.

Oh, and the other implication is that "who is x associated with" threads (like the one started about Leigh Matthews last week) are boring!

I dont know much about him who would be a comparison in the modern game?
Quietly spoken, no nonsense winger, with a massive tank and sublime skills. Lace out in front of your face type of kicker. The Hawk forwards loved him.

Dunstall has spoken glowingly of him over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back