Toast All hail the Chief - 2024 AFL Legend

Remove this Banner Ad

He's unappealing but purely as a footballer he's in my view the second best full forward of all time, and Hawthorns best player.

He's a better player than Coleman Jezza or Dyer and likely many others-i think he's better than Matthews but he was partly before my time.

Completely fitting. Still an ugly Collingwood hater, but superb, legendary FF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He absolutely deserves it, but there's about 6-7 FF's already elevated to legend status.

He would have got there eventually, would have liked a backman at this point though tbh.

There's lots of Forward, Rucks and Mids represented, not many backman.

One of Southby, Doull, Dench, Silvagni.

Gave a lot of goals away too. Deserves legend status. Best player I've seen on a lead at full speed.

If Hawthorn had to pick one player for full forward, it'll be him over Buddy and Hudson. What an embarrassment of riches.
If Chief came to hawthorn….move Hudson to a pocket and Franklin to a flank

Well deserved. One of the all time great forwards. And I think he's one of the better media personalities out there, too.. knows what he's talking about and doesn't sensationalise or make up bullshit like other certain 'media' personalities do to try and stay relevant.

He absolutely deserves it, but there's about 6-7 FF's already elevated to legend status.

He would have got there eventually, would have liked a backman at this point though tbh.

There's lots of Forward, Rucks and Mids represented, not many backman.

One of Southby, Doull, Dench, Silvagni.

Chief routinely says backmen are nothing but failed forwards.

Grew up a stones throw from Waverley park as a youngster so I've got images burnt in my brain of him sliding on his knees taking chest marks on the lead then going back and slotting them.

Absolute gun
It seems his image is burned in Andy Mahers brain cos he's doing his best to downplay Cheifs greatness.
How many more would he have kicked if backmen were limited in contact like today. No octopus silvagni etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back