News Aidyn Johnson signs with Tatura

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-10-23/johnson-commits-to-new-contract-

Aidyn Johnson has signed on for a further two years

Aidyn Johnson will remain at Alberton until at least the end of the 2019 season after committing to a new contract.

General Manager of Football Chris Davies says the 19-year-old showed his potential after earning his AFL debut and playing five games in the 2017 season.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-10-23/johnson-commits-to-new-contract-

Speedy Power forward re-signs until 2019
PORT Adelaide forward Aidyn Johnson will remain with the Power until at least the end of 2019.
The 19-year-old has signed a two-year contract extension after making his AFL debut and playing five games in 2017.
"Physically, I’m feeling really good now after having trouble with injuries during my first season," Johnson said.
"Having had a taste of AFL footy this year I’m determined to earn a regular spot in the side."
more...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-23/speedy-power-forward-johnson-resigns-until-2019
upload_2017-10-23_16-40-38.png
Hope to see Aidyn in that Guernsey a few more times in 2018 :D

Last edited:
Speedy Power forward re-signs until 2019
PORT Adelaide forward Aidyn Johnson will remain with the Power until at least the end of 2019.
The 19-year-old has signed a two-year contract extension after making his AFL debut and playing five games in 2017.
"Physically, I’m feeling really good now after having trouble with injuries during my first season," Johnson said.
"Having had a taste of AFL footy this year I’m determined to earn a regular spot in the side."
more...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-23/speedy-power-forward-johnson-resigns-until-2019
View attachment 431176
Hope to see Ayden in that Guernsey a few more times in 2018 :D
He just reminds me of a young lad when/as his confidence grows and his knowing that he belongs he will be a very good player. As he develops physically and gains confidence in his body (injuries put him back initially) I think he will be a beauty...plus he is deceptively tall.

Showed good signs in glimpses through the 2nd half of the season. Really think he can become a good consistent performer in the next couple of years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not unhappy that he's signed on again, but what is with us and giving everyone two year deals? I wouldn't say he's shown enough to suggest that we want to be locked into him until 2019.

Mutual good faith. I don’t mind it.

Not unhappy that he's signed on again, but what is with us and giving everyone two year deals? I wouldn't say he's shown enough to suggest that we want to be locked into him until 2019.
Bear in mind he's 19. Clearly the manic desire is there hence his intense approach to the ball and the oppo.
Not sure he's got the body as yet to be throwing himself around like he does. Probably swallowed Ken's pressure acts hook line n sinker
and who could blame the kid. Personally i'd like to see him tone down the crash bash and focus more on his disposal and option
decision making. With Rockliff and Motlop added to the mix his opportunities might be limited, then again he got a guernsey for China
so who knows.

Anyway congrats Aidyn all the best. Another pre-season and who knows.

For someone that has played ~ 20 games of footy over the past 3 years, this kid is the real deal. Love his forward half pressure and his foot speed is something else, the quickest I've seen since Wade Thompson.

Our squad is really starting to take shape, love what we've been doing especially after moving on guys like Ah Chee et al that just aren't going to make it.

The way I see it, only 30+ year old players get one year deals as there's questions marks their bodies and/or forms can sustain the rigours of AFL at the twilight of their careers. Them and some depth players.
I don't see an issue with this 2 year deal to be honest. He has shown a bit this kid possibly enough to find himself in the best 22.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back