AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy for everyone on the forum to judge whether you 'demolished' my so called argument. I'm not trying to aggressively defend anything like yourself btw.

Oh and join date to a forum doesn't mean I that's when I started playing or viewing it :)

Frenchfri,

The main problem I had with AFL Live 2 was the gameplay wasn't as refined and wasn't as challenging for me. Also every mark looks exactly the same and I could not figure out how to take a speccy like in AFL Live 1

The graphics are good and the basics of the gameplay, but the gameplay was not as enjoyable for me as the first game..an obvious flaw in the game.

There also felt like a delay during gameplay and a bit laggy..

Not enough variety of gameplay. Every holding the ball looks identical. The first game had more variety of plays at differing angles and movements..

If they can fix some of those things then great.

Last edited:
Rather that than a game where spoiling, the most vital defnensove ability, is a ******* TWO BUTTON ******* COMMAND and one of the ******* buttons is the Y button. The button that requires you to physically move tour whole right hand out of posistion, making it impossible to hit any other command button with any accuracy without the spending a split second moving your hand back into the original position, reontering yourself with the controls, in which time if the ball has spilled, your opponent has either picked the ball off the ground and kicked the goal (or more likely miss as this game has your opponent kick at EXACTLY 50% ACCURACY on every game) or your player has got the ball and been immidently tackled. The fact that these exist on the EASIEST DIFFICULTY in the game, with instant tackles everywhere, not a second to think about what you could do, makes this game a horrendus mess. Why didnt they use the free (and infinetly better and more obvious) B button, or the X button? What idiot decided to make the only physically inaccessable (in the natural grip) button, the Y button, the button for mark, for spoil, and for tackle? Luckily the people with brains at Wicked Witch saw the moronic stupidity of this horrendus control error and rightfully and obviously corrected them and made them to the A and B buttons.
In AFL Wii, i lost my first game by 10 goals playing on the very easy mode, which i found out later, meant the opposition wouldn't tackle you at all. My second game, I won. In AFL Live 2, I lost my first games by huge margins, but by the third game I was winning. When I play AFL Live 1, I play my first game on the stupidly named rookie level, obviously implying the lowest didfuculty, which i then find out later is APPARENTLY second easiest (more on that later) and loose - 173 to 1. Finally I play as the best team in the game - Victoria - against the worst - Gold Coast - and after 4 games, I finally defeat them. So now that I have won a game, back to the season mode, where the team I played has a percentage of 17,000 - thanks AFL Live. Now for the next game. I loose in the end, 4 goals to 7. I'm getting the hang of it, although still finding the controls unusable, only being able to score by going Behind - torp-mark torp-mark torp-mark goal. The difficulty setting, for some insane reason named horrendusly vaugley instead of Easy-Medium-Hard, and for some reason has Rookie as the default level, espcially when you assume that somtbing named that way and placed default is the easiest mode. So now I realise i have been playing on Medium, not Easy. So I decide to start again on the easiest difficulty. Halfway through the third quater on the easier difficulty, me, much improved, against the same team, finds myself 146 - 0 at three quater time. WHAT ******* MORON NAMED THESE ******* DIFFICULTIES SO ******* STUPIDLY? FOR ALL I KNOW AMATURER MEANS ******* SUPER HARD AFTER THAT. NOW THE ******* AI TACKLES 10 TIMES FASTER THAN BEFORE. Well thanks for building a playable game Big Ant.

And every single user here who says AFL Live 2 is terrible, none of you can say ANYTHING about this subject. The instant AFL Live 2 was announced with a different devloper, everyone declared instantly that it would be a terrible game, before any evidence could be seen. It wouldnt of mattered if AFL 2 was the greatest game of any genre of all time, you still would of called it terrible for some reason. When you go in with a mindset that anything will be terrible, you will always then see it as terrible. But not me, who came into this game full of hope, expexting it to put AFL Live 2 to shame, after seeing all the slander on these forums about it. Instead, even with me expecting it to be good, I still found it terrible. That shows what the real s**t game is. AFL 1.
Its very easy to see that this is covered with the Watts-Naitanui effect. Everyone remebers everything that AFL Live 1 did well, but is very quick to forget anything that AFL 2 did well. And what happens when Live 1 makes a mistake? They laugh it off, "that was a good try". But the instant AFL 2 makes any tiny slip up, everyone's up in arms saying how they are going to go demand their money back.
Perfect example - AFL 2 trailer comes out. Instead of focusing on any good bits of it, we get "hey look the players just bend over when the player takes a screamer". "Oh look how many speccies there are, obviously a speccie button." "hey look this guys getting chased by 5 AI players what stupid programming!"
You wern't quick to notice how the exact same number of marks were taken in the Live 1 trailer. Nor did you rush out to point out that the AFL 1 trailer had AIs bending over when the player took a speccie. Nobody thought for a second that there was a bounce right before this and that all those players are doing exactly what any real AFL players would do in the identical situation, you know, chase the man who is right next to them, because you know, its a bounce, where there are plently of players right next to him already.

Afl Live 2 may not be perfect, but at least its playable, controllable, makes sense, and doesn't waste their time worrying about a kicking animation at the expense of a season mode. And at least AFL 3 and 2 have same same company devloping them. The right comapny.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hahaha you typed all that out on a ****in phone

How can anyone believe AFL Live 2 was better than Live 1?

Live 2 was an abomination.

YOU ARE ONLY SAYING THAT BECAUSE YOU MADE UP YOUR MIND THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE BAD BEFOREHAND BECAUSE WICKED WITCH WERE DEVELOPING IT GIVE THE GAME A CHANCE GODDAMIT

Neither of you can say anything, because you already assumed that Live 2 would suck.
Rather than making evidenceless comments such as 'Live 2 was an abomination' you could actually play it and realise how much live 1 sucks.

Chill. Talk about the game and keep the personal comments out of it.
This thread has been nothing but personal comments about how 'bad' AFL Live 2 is. And I actually talked about the game.

Neither of you can say anything, because you already assumed that Live 2 would suck.
Rather than making evidenceless comments such as 'Live 2 was an abomination' you could actually play it and realise how much live 1 sucks.

You assumed that I assumed it would suck which isn't true and you're just saying that to further your "argument".

Played both and Live 1 is far superior to Live 2.

This thread has been nothing but personal comments about how 'bad' AFL Live 2 is. And I actually talked about the game.

You're also ignoring the positive comments about the game..

You think games aren't open to criticism...

Get a grip.

I do agree that some comments are too far and harsh, that is true.

If I was a developer for WW I'd be in here and taking notes of ways to improve the game..

AFL Live 2 on iOS has been a huge success and the game improved on that format...

I hope AFL Live 3 has the improvements fans are looking for...

You seem to focussing only on the criticisms yourself...

Also, having a Big Ant faithful thread on an Aussie rules forum is hardly a surprise..there will be fans of that game ..etc...it's not a big deal

Last edited:
Fun fact: AFL Live 2 is EB's most traded in game in AFL gaming history including all prior PS2 versions by IR Gurus.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not worth mentioning because it doesn't suit your argument?
Dodnt mention the 6 points i replied to earlier which crushed any hope of getting a fair convosastion out of people. And not worth mentioning because 1) there is no source and 2) these claims are made by a disgruntled jealous former employee who has only fanned the fire of propaganda

Seeing as nobody bought those games thats not a record worth mentioning

Oh, but it is. Another fun fact - AFL Live 2 sold the least copies of any AFL game in history including the NES version, making the EB Trade In record a more amazing stat.

So, least sold but most returned but the best AFL game ever. Obviously... it all adds up, my mistake, frenchfri12is on the money, how could everyone else be so wrong - guy's a GENIUS!

I could go on but just saw the "Don't feed the troll" alert*

*you've showed your level of incompetence, a fantastic new low even for you, when claiming me an ex-WW employee - well done!

Last edited:
when claiming me an ex-WW employee - well done!

When the heck did I claim that? Ex AFL 1 employee of Big Ant not WW. Your pissed that you got the rights taken off you for your game.

And you still refuse to list any sources, pretty obvious you cant come up with any real argument. I'm more than happy to admit I was wrong in the face of facts, but not a statement that could of been just pulled out of nothing.

Ex-Big Ant employee... yeah. So the argument you have is I'm a disgruntled ex-employee that is pro the company I worked for, yeah, that so makes so much sense - grab a bigger shovel, you're not digging fast enough. You are a genius.

Last edited by a moderator:
The instant AFL Live 2 was announced with a different devloper, everyone declared instantly that it would be a terrible game, before any evidence could be seen.

Wrong. The AFL Wii game was already out, which was hard evidence on what Wicked Witch could provide. And guess what? Apart from the wiggle waggle controls, the gameplay was nearly identical.

Last edited:
Ex-Big Ant employee... yeah. So the argument you have is I'm a disgruntled ex-employee that is pro the company I worked for, yeah, that so makes so much sense - grab a bigger shovel, you're not digging fast enough. You are a genius.

Where are the statistics? Amazing how when you need to prove yourself you just disappear. This just confirms I was right, all made up statistics by a disgruntled employee.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're also ignoring the positive comments about the game..

You think games aren't open to criticism...

Get a grip.

I do agree that some comments are too far and harsh, that is true.

If I was a developer for WW I'd be in here and taking notes of ways to improve the game..

AFL Live 2 on iOS has been a huge success and the game improved on that format...

I hope AFL Live 3 has the improvements fans are looking for...

You seem to focussing only on the criticisms yourself...

Also, having a Big Ant faithful thread on an Aussie rules forum is hardly a surprise..there will be fans of that game ..etc...it's not a big deal

Hey Mootsy! Been following the threads here closely since I began at Wicked Witch not long after AFL Live 2's release. I don't post much as I don't make the official announcement posts, but we've always compiled constructive points made here into any compiled thoughts and discussions :)

Where are the statistics? Amazing how when you need to prove yourself you just disappear. This just confirms I was right, all made up statistics by a disgruntled employee.

Just to clarify frenchfri, 'BigAntStudios' is actually the official poster for the company. I love the passionate discussion going on, and though internet anonymity makes things trickier knowing where opinions can come from, personally I don't think there is need to accuse people of having some undisclosed allegiance.

Just to clarify frenchfri, 'BigAntStudios' is actually the official poster for the company. I love the passionate discussion going on, and though internet anonymity makes things trickier knowing where opinions can come from, personally I don't think there is need to accuse people of having some undisclosed allegiance.
Well is is important, 8 people have liked andtherefore sworn by those unsourced statistics. They are wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back