Game Day AFL Academy vs Carlton VFL, 4.10 PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

We would need to tank like no one has ever tanked before in order to get Reid.

Have not heard Cleary's or Cabor's names much which is mildly disappointing.

You are thinking Harley and not Archie.

Archie is a big KPP.

Cabor hasn't really impressed me.
Cleary reminds me of a smaller Tom Mitchell without the production

Three Quarter Time
Academy 10.5.65 v Blues 9.4.58
Academy were dominant in the middle part of the term when they kicked four goals in a row and had space everywhere.
The Blues slowly worked back into the game with a couple of goal towards three quarter time.
Best for Academy are Rogers, Duursma, Sanders and Turner.

Harley Reid copped a head knock in a tackle (which he was penalised for), remained down after the contact and was taken off the field.
Don't expect we'll see him again today. Has been relatively quiet (probably due to him playing behind the ball nearly all game) as has Watson (apart from early).

Three Quarter Time
Academy 10.5.65 v Blues 9.4.58
Academy were dominant in the middle part of the term when they kicked four goals in a row and had space everywhere.
The Blues slowly worked back into the game with a couple of goal towards three quarter time.
Best for Academy are Rogers, Duursma, Sanders and Turner.

Harley Reid copped a head knock in a tackle (which he was penalised for), remained down after the contact and was taken off the field.
Don't expect we'll see him again today. Has been relatively quiet (probably due to him playing behind the ball nearly all game) as has Watson (apart from early).
Disagree with the assessment of Harley's game. Thought he was excellent and got a ton of footy before the injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's see what the statisticians come back with but I doubt Harley Reid had much more than 10 disposals prior to his injury.
If so, that's not even remotely a "ton of footy".
No point in having a crack at Harley he’s been impressive all year. Yeah he was quiet today compared to usual but I don’t think he played any midfield minutes either.

Last edited:
No point in having a crack at Harley he’s been impressive all year. Yeah he was quite today compared to usual but I don’t think he played any midfield minutes either.
Exclusively midfield in the first quarter

Let's see what the statisticians come back with but I doubt Harley Reid had much more than 10 disposals prior to his injury.
If so, that's not even remotely a "ton of footy".
He had 9 in the first half, and then a bunch more in the third before he went off. More than 10 for sure, but perhaps a "ton" was a bit hyperbolic on my part :laughing:

No point in having a crack at Harley he’s been impressive all year. Yeah he was quite today compared to usual but I don’t think he played any midfield minutes either.
I'm not having a crack at him.
The kids a talent. I just thought he was quiet (which may have to do with his role as I'm not sure I saw him line up in the centre square for any CBDs).

Outside of Harley Reid, Sanders and Wilson look to be the most complete midfielders in this draft crop.

Is it just me or does Sanders look eerily similar to JHF? Doesn’t quite have the breakaway speed but his running gait, side step and overall look reminds me so much of JHF.

Outside of Harley Reid, Sanders and Wilson look to be the most complete midfielders in this draft crop.

Is it just me or does Sanders look eerily similar to JHF? Doesn’t quite have the breakaway speed but his running gait, side step and overall look reminds me so much of JHF.
First thing I thought when I saw him earlier this year. Must be the light coloured hair and socks pulled up. North will steer well clear 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back