Tew Jiath - Hawthorn NGA
Luamon Lual - Western Bulldogs NGA
Deng Lual - Western Bulldogs NGA
Will Nish - Saints NGA
Jack Callinan - North NGA
Colby McKercher (possibly) - North NGA
Alex Tsia - Western Bulldogs NGA

Have they got this right?

Isn't Sanders the one North have applied to the AFL about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dam shame you won't get Collard, shame indeed

Why's that?

Eagles can just draft him. Before anyone else.

Just like they will likely need to use pick 19 to land another West Coast nga kid in Coen Livingston.

Some clubs dont have acadamies where they can actually benefit from producing good players. Suns, Giants, Swans and Lions all get a big advantage.

Then you look at father sons..........dont get much from that either unlike long standing Vic clubs.

Just look how the Bulldogs have benefited the last couple of years. Ugle-Hagan, Darcy and now Croft.

Teams that finish bottom 3 should be allowed to match bids past the end of the1st round for nga kids. Not asking too much there surely? Something being considered at AFL House but likely not this year.

Why's that?

Eagles can just draft him. Before anyone else.

Just like they will likely need to use pick 19 to land another West Coast nga kid in Coen Livingston.

Some clubs dont have acadamies where they can actually benefit from producing good players. Suns, Giants, Swans and Lions all get a big advantage.

Then you look at father sons..........dont get much from that either unlike long standing Vic clubs.

Just look how the Bulldogs have benefited the last couple of years. Ugle-Hagan, Darcy and now Croft.

Teams that finish bottom 3 should be allowed to match bids past the end of the1st round for nga kids. Not asking too much there surely? Something being considered at AFL House but likely not this year.
Sorry I should have been clearer. It's a daunting shame the Eagles won't be getting Collard through the bid matching system due to his level of talent and increased production recently, and will most likely have to select him in the 20s outright to enjoy the fruits of their labour through the NGA work

Sorry I should have been clearer. It's a daunting shame the Eagles won't be getting Collard through the bid matching system due to his level of talent and increased production recently, and will most likely have to select him in the 20s outright to enjoy the fruits of their labour through the NGA work

Your being clear now.

Clearly a smart arse.:think:;)

Havent seen his name in any of the top 40 lists so far.

And on a side note I counted 31 Eagles NGA kids listed. Hopefully a couple of decent ones slip past pick 40!

Last edited:
I don't reckon the championships are quite as "important" for Lance Collard as they are for other WA contenders.

By that I mean, he's clearly still very slightly built and is not yet anywhere near the finished product.

But the scouts and recruiters already know that the physical development will come in the next 18-36 months, so he has immense upside and they've already seen what he can do in the WAFL.

Despite his lighter frame he has shown that he can beat opponents purely with skill and smarts and that's a heck of a great starting point.

With a bit of luck WA will give him 5 minute bursts in the midfield, as Subiaco have, just to show how damaging he can be as the outlet receiver to the in and under mids in the squad.

He is clearly the most naturally gifted player in the WA squad and although I'm excited to see what he does for WA I'm even more excited to see what he does in an AFL program at 80-82kg instead of 70-72kg as he is listed now.

I don't reckon the championships are quite as "important" for Lance Collard as they are for other WA contenders.

By that I mean, he's clearly still very slightly built and is not yet anywhere near the finished product.

But the scouts and recruiters already know that the physical development will come in the next 18-36 months, so he has immense upside and they've already seen what he can do in the WAFL.

Despite his lighter frame he has shown that he can beat opponents purely with skill and smarts and that's a heck of a great starting point.

With a bit of luck WA will give him 5 minute bursts in the midfield, as Subiaco have, just to show how damaging he can be as the outlet receiver to the in and under mids in the squad.

He is clearly the most naturally gifted player in the WA squad and although I'm excited to see what he does for WA I'm even more excited to see what he does in an AFL program at 80-82kg instead of 70-72kg as he is listed now.

With a bit of luck the WA side will give midfielders a crack at showing what they have and Collard plays forward and only forward.;)

End of the day you need to be an elite small forward to go top 30.

Seriously people there is nothing to see here. Feel you should all move along and focus on another kid.

Thanks in advance.

WCE's

Some reports that the AFL Ryley Sanders ruling is in, he is going to be eligible for North NGA and some clubs are furious about it.

I will let you read into what that means......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back