Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I decided to go full extreme, and make Goal Kick Distance 100, Wind Influence 100, and get a game with a strong wind.
Managed to slot this 100m shot with Jack Steele. 💪

AFL 23 - 100m Bomb with Extreme Wind

Admittedly I had plenty of goes at it… one time I lined up in the interchange bench… and another time the siren went and the game didn’t let me kick it because it figured I was too far out anyway. 😂

AFL 23 - Set Shot from the interchange bench

AFL 23 - Robbed from taking a kick after the siren

Haven’t played the new patch with the sliders yet, but curious to know what everyone is rolling with?
Also not usually one to fiddle with the sliders soo a sliders template would be great once someone has fine tuned it all and found the right balance 🙏

Played my first match of the new update - finally started a new management mode using the 2024 lists. Even without sliders, can feel the game has gotten much harder. Played Round 1 against Bombers on hardest (5 min quarters), instead of the regular 70-24 scoreline, I struggled big time to get a leg up and won it 39-33. Bombers seemed to have a man everywhere, I could barely mark anything (except the old CHB plucking everything), centre bounces were even, every kick forward would go to a 3 on 1, and they would just link up with a chain of handballs and kicks to a leading player perfectly. Really enjoyed the arm wrestle to win that game, and looking forward to giving it a whirl with some sliders once I do get a hang of the changes. Just hope we get some additional content added to management mode soon to keep the momentum.

Haven’t played the new patch with the sliders yet, but curious to know what everyone is rolling with?
Also not usually one to fiddle with the sliders soo a sliders template would be great once someone has fine tuned it all and found the right balance 🙏
Yes this I agree with, if anyone has a template to start with, and we can tweak it to our personal preference would be ideal :)

Never made sense from day 1 like 90% of everything else they said. Also, whoever did the ratings doesnt watch footy 🤣 woeful ratings all across the board.
The one that got me was the lack of injuries and suspensions being because the players would be upset
Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

Not really worth it, the AI is still broken, the opposition don't even go for a loose ball at times, they don't pressure the ball carrier even with CPU tactic awareness filled to 100, along with the unresponsive user commands with moments of stuck in the mud. Still had players running backwards, how they didn't fix that is something else. It's definitely fundamentally a broken game, almost 1 year later.

The AFL players? Or do you mean the gamers playing the game?

I don’t remember this quote… but it sounds so bizarre.
Impossible to find the comments now in all the drivel (I'll try search for it and update if I do find it) but it was essentially a heated comment saying something like "why do we need injuries or suspensions.... it would be upsetting to the real life players if we just had them injured all the time". Don't quote me word for word, but the comment/reference has stuck with me. As a generally pro BA supporter throughout this debacle, it was one of the key moments I wasn't too happy with.

Who else on here plays a bit of online and agrees the specky is a bit OP.

I put my hand up and say I use it when I’m caught way out of position. It definitely needs to be nerfed a bit.

I have it on par with camping in cod for the easy kill 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impossible to find the comments now in all the drivel (I'll try search for it and update if I do find it) but it was essentially a heated comment saying something like "why do we need injuries or suspensions.... it would be upsetting to the real life players if we just had them injured all the time". Don't quote me word for word, but the comment/reference has stuck with me. As a generally pro BA supporter throughout this debacle, it was one of the key moments I wasn't too happy with.

Meh cant find it anymore. Few deleted comments so maybe it snuck into one of those "wiped" arguments (like the 10 page blowup about no preseason that got trimmed to 1 page). I remember the conversation though and it fired up a lot of the pro and againsts

Meh cant find it anymore. Few deleted comments so maybe it snuck into one of those "wiped" arguments (like the 10 page blowup about no preseason that got trimmed to 1 page). I remember the conversation though and it fired up a lot of the pro and againsts

I remember it also and it was a ridiculous excuse for an omission that I can think of. Like you, I was really pro-BA but yeah the constant lies, false advertising and general mistreating of fans has worn me off them. Even now on their own board they still shun 95% of everyones questions and requests. Sad.

lol. From memory I may have been one of the ones that started that pre-season debate (or at least a big contributor to the argument). That's when I started to realise that this game was going to be a shocker. Ross had no clue about whether it was in the game or not due to poor internal comms. Then when he found it wasn't in the game, started to double and triple down by arguing that its a waste of time and no one would care about a pre-season in management mode. Think around that time is when a lot of us started to realise what this game would become.

Who else on here plays a bit of online and agrees the specky is a bit OP.

I put my hand up and say I use it when I’m caught way out of position. It definitely needs to be nerfed a bit.

I have it on par with camping in cod for the easy kill 😂
Yeah agree with this, they’ve done a good job of eliminating these sorts of things (such as the OP torp) but the specky is still a bit too easy.

On the other hand, it does force you to be a bit smarter with your ball use once you realise your opponent might spam the specky (lower the eyes and hit the short lead up targets instead of long bombs).

Just hope we get some additional content

The people demand

During a credits screen!!

The one that got me was the lack of injuries and suspensions being because the players would be upset
Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

xyz player that has 3-4 hammy injuries every year, plays the game and gets sad when he (or aflw she) gets injured several times during the video game season. Tears will be shed!

Started tinkering and just had the best game. I made marking and hit outs harder and smothers easier.

When you're not always clearing the ball you are under a ton of pressure. Impressively though grabs were harder it didn't feel like I was being robbed, maybe I've found my own personal sweet spot.

The extra pressure meant my DE dropped and a few of the extra tweaks (maybe in this patch?) have started to be more evident.

• Clearance handballs and kicks have been nerfed, especially ones that you're trying to fire off at an angle. Pretty sure I didn't adjust those myself.
  • HTB is an active concern
  • the AI has got a fair boost at times. I've seen forwards a long way out handball to a running player (amazing) and even just now saw a player on the ground after a speccy handball to a running player as well.
  • I was playing Freo and maybe it was a coincidence but Fife dead set ran amok, he was everywhere.
  • a defender going to mark was knocked to the ground when the oppo punched the ball. Colour me pink! We've not had that before. Hopefully that can also be an infringement sometimes, it wasn't on this occasion.

One negative - when you're under the pump and every tackle counts those moments where your player micro freezes dead set kills you. You barely notice it when you're ten goals up but if the clock is ticking and all you have to do is lay tackle it is hard not to blow a gasket.

I think we've crossed a line here where there is 'footy stuff' happening that hasn't been in a game before. Sure the game play still needs work, features are missing etc but two thumbs up for these latest improvements.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back