Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I started with a base of hardest and then;
  • Made user marking harder
  • Made AI and user goal kicking harder
  • Made user hitouts harder
  • Turned down tackle distance
  • Turned up the chance of infringements in tackles
  • Added distance to 'run too far' - in real AFL you get more than 15m
  • Added a fair bit to handball distance
  • Would have been a few other tweaks but not sure what they were.

After 1 quarter vs Carlton, I've got smashed 8-1 hitouts and 10-2 contested marks and 5-1 in spoils. So will be making marks easier again but probably moreso making spoiling easier, less marks overall. Winning on scoreboard by 1 goal.

AI decision making is definitely tweaked, not sure yet whether it's better. The out on the full pass seems less prevalent. The user power metre for kicks is still ignored sometimes and overwritten. Eg you want to hit a short target but not with a spearing kick, you power up 20% but because the player is running away from you it kicks 20m in front of them and defenders get there to spoil.

Player likenesses are much better, have noticed a few already.
Do more numbers get to the contest yet ? Like after a tackle for example, instead of the AI running away, do they actually run towards the contest ?

Once you get the tweaks right, could you flick through the ideal settings that way I can have a challenge myself?? :)
1713834963973.png
1713834990498.png
1713835018579.png
1713835039319.png
1713835063587.png

Had a really fun game vs Carlton, won by 9 points, using these settings. Lost hitouts but had double the clearances, so seems this has been fixed to a degree. But maybe has overcorrected, need more games to be sure. Contested marks were hard to win, think I had 6 for the game, but that was good/realistic, meant had to hit targets and think about inside 50's rather than just bombing it in.

Caveat here is I've played against one team and as the same team - so by no means are these deeply tested. But hopefully a decent enough start point for those who found the game previously to be repetitive/boring.

Not sure why you can’t edit the sliders mid game, bit annoying.

The players on the bench are obviously a issue for the game and they can’t fix that

Would love to know if they have just decided to get rid of the bump out of the game too.

I assume Management Mode is still broken considering there was nothing about it on the patch notes ?
Not 'Broken' like the difficulty setting was wrong (you can now also use your slider settings in it).
Also the mentioned additions to be able to spectate the games in Season and Management Mode.

But no major changes it appears.... for things like training players.

Not 'Broken' like the difficulty setting was wrong (you can now also use your slider settings in it).
Also the mentioned additions to be able to spectate the games in Season and Management Mode.

But no major changes it appears.... for things like training players.
Yep training players is my biggest frustration
I’m not gonna bother playing multiple seasons if my players take 4 seasons to improve haha

View attachment 1967993
View attachment 1967994
View attachment 1967995
View attachment 1967997
View attachment 1967998

Had a really fun game vs Carlton, won by 9 points, using these settings. Lost hitouts but had double the clearances, so seems this has been fixed to a degree. But maybe has overcorrected, need more games to be sure. Contested marks were hard to win, think I had 6 for the game, but that was good/realistic, meant had to hit targets and think about inside 50's rather than just bombing it in.

Caveat here is I've played against one team and as the same team - so by no means are these deeply tested. But hopefully a decent enough start point for those who found the game previously to be repetitive/boring.
best sliders i have used so far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll test this out in a few hours. I'd put running at 0, see if that gives weight and gravity to players. I'd put the fill meter for hand balling and kicking at highest, and make marking very difficult. Handball distance maybe try and make around its highest, since players in real life can get like 30 metre hand passes out. Tackling should be set to easy to break tackles, if there's no out numbered tackling contests in the game yet. Removes the pin tackle fest with 1v1 tackling, which usually players can break irl. But I'd really would like to see 1v2, or 1v3 tackles, that would give it more realism and that should make breaking tackling almost impossible, same with marking contests with the pack marking I wish that was similar to Evo 2, successful marking was more based on your positioning, rather than just timing.

Last edited:
I'll probably try and adapt this into 23, but I'd make set shot goal kicking more difficult this time around, since 23 has a better set shot goal kicking mechanic. Evo 2 had the best on the run system, because the player doesn't slow down with each bounce, it's if you choose to make their endurance meter shrink down faster with how long you sprint, the players will stop sprinting from fatigue. Also, I wonder if I can make players drop the ball after being tackled or bumped, like in Evo 2, just so it doesn't make the player with the ball invincible but doesn't pin them either.
evo 2 sliders.PNG

Last edited:
I'll probably try and adapt this into 23, but I'd make set shot goal kicking more difficult this time around, since 23 has a better set shot goal kicking mechanic. Evo 2 had the best on the run system, because the player doesn't slow down with each bounce, it's if you choose to make their endurance meter shrink down faster with how long you sprint, the players will stop sprinting from fatigue. Also, I wonder if I can make players drop the ball after being tackled or bumped, like in Evo 2, just so it doesn't make the player with the ball invincible but doesn't pin them either.
View attachment 1968322
Yeah I believe you can adjust ‘ball spilling’
Will give it a go in a little bit

Yeah I believe you can adjust ‘ball spilling’
Will give it a go in a little bit
Anything that gives the game a continuous flow, but also a grind to get a goal with more of an emphasis on possession play and indispute contested plays is a massive improvement over just kick, mark, kick, mark, goal. Making contested marking very difficult and having many spoiled marking attempts will be a welcoming inclusion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back