Opinion adelaide schools

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha - I have been told that being a male in primary teaching that I'd be sought after. I'll take your perspective on board and see how it goes...

I start on March 3rd, and yeah, 1 year Dip Ed course -

Well, good luck.

95% of primary schools are women and 70% of those are over 45.

Teaching us great and I think you will love it, but it takes a long road to get where you want. Are you going country or city?

Country is easier as you should land a contract straight away but if you stay city, be prep aired to do TRT and go anywhere. Good, very good money but no predictability.

I haven't even really thought about that stuff (country v city) yet -

I've had a bit of work as a guitar tutor in primary schools since last August. I got two schools this year (one day a week for each) and it's been really cool working with the kids... but being a full blown teacher would be something else, I'd imagine.

It's funny though, I think sometimes the kids can smell that I'm not a 'real teacher' and take me for a ride sometimes. I was on my lunch break the other day in the music room and these brats (who I don't even teach) came wandering in and mucking around and I was trying to get them to leave the room and they just started mocking my 'visiter' lanyard I had on... I still have much to learn

I haven't even really thought about that stuff (country v city) yet -

I've had a bit of work as a guitar tutor in primary schools since last August. I got two schools this year (one day a week for each) and it's been really cool working with the kids... but being a full blown teacher would be something else, I'd imagine.

What school? If you don't mind.

PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it in the forum.

It's funny though, I think sometimes the kids can smell that I'm not a 'real teacher' and take me for a ride sometimes. I was on my lunch break the other day in the music room and these brats (who I don't even teach) came wandering in and mucking around and I was trying to get them to leave the room and they just started mocking my 'visiter' lanyard I had on... I still have much to learn

Yeah, that can happen. Just give them a behaviour slip, I'm sure the school you are at would have something like this. Just don't view yourself as a visitor or they will try and walk over the top of you.

Wait until you do your prac teaching block. They love you when you observe in the classroom, once you take over and you are accountable for their behaviour - the students are very different.

Yeah, that can happen. Just give them a behaviour slip, I'm sure the school you are at would have something like this. Just don't view yourself as a visitor or they will try and walk over the top of you.

Hahaha - So while these kids were running amok, there was a girl at the door looking rather stressed at the situation, and said 'Why don't you give them a behaviour slip?'

I thought to myself, that's a good idea so I said something to the effect of "If you don't go outside now you'll get a behaviour slip" and this one girl stops and laughs "You don't even know what a behaviour slip is"

I have much to learn!

Hahaha - So while these kids were running amok, there was a girl at the door looking rather stressed at the situation, and said 'Why don't you give them a behaviour slip?'

I thought to myself, that's a good idea so I said something to the effect of "If you don't go outside now you'll get a behaviour slip" and this one girl stops and laughs "You don't even know what a behaviour slip is"

I have much to learn!

You learn it very quickly. It's very good if you don't have to use them but the day you do, you learn how to use them very fast.

If you have any questions, just ask. More than happy to help a new teacher.

Rather than thumping his chest and declaring that we'll "weed out bad teachers", Christopher Pyne should be working on an "education starts at home" advertising campaign to educate young parents about their responsibilities to their children.

The gov spends so much money on making sure s**t comes into the house from the tv and radio, providing a false maintenance of the parents education. Their not in a position to educate their children properly. Take triple M at the moment. The breakfast show hosts are reading a script to us every morning, controlled by one of the richest woman in the world. They told all their adult listeners that we south Aussies are no good building cars and subs and that the feds are better off spending money on something we can do. They specifically mentioned mining at Roxby downs and Moomba,There boss is a mining magnate. The two hosts were telling the community pure bullshit. Scumbags. The manager of the station repeated what the breakfast show hosts said multiple times that day. If you remember their boss spent millions getting rid of Rudd and a no mining tax campaign.

We are very good at building cars, the engineers at Holden that designed the VE commodore received praise from all over the world for what they developed here. The chassis they built from the ground up has been used for all the rear wheel drive passenger cars general motors builds.

The subs are another. The Hawke Keating gov was anti nuclear, they realized we needed submarines, so they built there own from scratch. They were built for a specific purpose,to be the only subs that would be able to adequately house a special forces detachment. Its one of the better things any gov has done. the skills it has brought this state, never mind the financial benefit to the economy. They had problems, but nothing like the problems japan are facing at Fukishima and the cost to the whole society and planet. Japan are where the subs are going instead of here.

tick tock tick tock..

Do you really want parents educating kids when being fed complete and utter crap like this? If you can come up with a free and unbiased media, one that does not push the business interests of the owner first and foremost, like Reinhardt and Murdoch do, one that does not deliberately interfere in our democracy and standed of living for their own personal gain, your idea has some merit.

I can really see you telling your kid that the football legend on the radio is spreading properganda for financial gain, because he is paid to by one of the worlds richest people and in no way has our best interests at heart. That is exactly what the responsibility of 'education starts at home ' entails.

Parents are so busy trying to earn money to bring up kids with a roof over their head, that again, this simply is not feasible. If govs provided the conditions where only one parent had to work, the other could stay on complete home duties, then education could start at home. Unfortunately all you people with no idea, your ideas, all though trying to help, just will not work. Take the rise in uni fees Pyne has just introduced and how much more pressure that will put on parents who just want to give their kids the best start in life. What sought of society forces kids into debt to get an education? A facist upper class dominated one?
At my private school, only the s**t kids of average wealth were moved on. Several students who should have been moved on weren't, often through board connections, usually through large sudden donations to the school. A representative tennis player was caught dealing drugs on school premises, and suddenly wasn't expelled anymore. Rumours abounded that it cost his parents a $20k lump sum in 1999.

On the other hand, one upset parent having a word to the chairman managed to get the only openly homosexual teacher at the school sent on very quickly. Can't have one of those gays teaching their kids.

Statistics show that more boys get raped by faculty at private schools than public.To this day private schools still try and cover it up. Was just a case of a priest at the local private school from decades back. he was well known, well connected. the school was his playground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back