Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

relistening to that part of the episode it was don who said it, suggesting that he's bringing it up now because of a book launch.

grubby.

but because we disagree with their POV we're "woke"
i certainly tried listening to it and each to their own but I find it the podcast version of sky after dark except it’s mostly dribbl. The Rex Hunt one was the end for me. And back in the day I lived listening to both on the Radio but there is a reason neither are no longer heard on the airwaves and it has nothing to do with being woke

It’s not my own thoughts. It was suggested by someone on Sam Newman and don Scott’s podcast.

Fwiw i hope the crows pay big time for what’s transpired. Doubters of Eddie are Harbouring malicious intentions.
You thought you'd come in here to post the flimsiest of hearsay BS points you heard from somewhere without attribution?

It 'crossed your desk' you say. Who are you? The ghost of Walter Cronkite?

And now say you have finally listened to the original source (a podcast from neanderthal mouth breathers who also mention Nicky Winmar and the tired terms 'Woke' and 'Virtuous signalling (sic)' to the surprise of no one who knows their form) and want to distance yourself from it?

Seriously that is a cowardly cop out of the highest order.

If your cred on this forum means anything it is probably best that the next time something crosses your desk perhaps you can do us all the favour of listening to it in context, check the source and give us your own viewpoint before posting it?

i am not of that belief. as i said, it came across my desk. which means it is not from me.

Who are you and why is your so called "desk" so important.,

And people get confused why I hate most of my fellow Richmond supporters :rolleyes:

Fair call.

But I think the main thing to remember is the fact is that less than 18 months after the tragic murder of their coach, the Crows were in the Grand Final after being clearly the best team in the competition all year.

And as Eddie Betts says, for losing that one game on the home ground of their opponent in front of a crowd dominated by their opponents supporters, their employer sent them to a torture camp that destroyed not only their sense of camaraderie and commitment to each other in the face of diversity but left many of them scarred for life.

On any measure of decency that is a feckin disgrace.

we weren't clearly the best team all year. From memory we won the same number of games as the year before. And the # of wins in 2017 would have you outside or just in the top 4 nearly every other year. We feasted when we won, but we were able to be beaten every third game and regularly by using the same approach.

we weren't clearly the best team all year. From memory we won the same number of games as the year before. And the # of wins in 2017 would have you outside or just in the top 4 nearly every other year. We feasted when we won, but we were able to be beaten every third game and regularly by using the same approach.
Finally someone who acknowledges this. There was 2 points between 1st and 4th, and 6th was only 1 game behind that. The percentages were all very evenly spread as well.

It was a year as even as any, more so than this year. Any of the top 6 could have legitimately won the flag. Some teams were just more noticed than others.

So the problem with this camp was that a brutal SAS style conditioning camp is no place for an AFL team.
At the very least it should have been tailored to suit football players ie. They're going to verbally harass you so write down football stuff for them to harass you with, not real life personal stuff etc.

It was just a stupid decision by whoever at Adelaide thought that such a camp would suit pampered footballers.
And then to cover up the whole thing afterwards instead of admitting it was the wrong kind of pre-season camp has made things worse.

So the problem with this camp was that a brutal SAS style conditioning camp is no place for an AFL team.
At the very least it should have been tailored to suit football players ie. They're going to verbally harass you so write down football stuff for them to harass you with, not real life personal stuff etc.

It was just a stupid decision by whoever at Adelaide thought that such a camp would suit pampered footballers.
And then to cover up the whole thing afterwards instead of admitting it was the wrong kind of pre-season camp has made things worse.
I dont think it was an SAS style at all. It was more closer like a psychological cult.

Finally someone who acknowledges this. There was 2 points between 1st and 4th, and 6th was only 1 game behind that. The percentages were all very evenly spread as well.

It was a year as even as any, more so than this year. Any of the top 6 could have legitimately won the flag. Some teams were just more noticed than others.

Difference being there were two clear dominant teams throughout the finals, and they played off in the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol wait

There’s still crows fans denying anything happened?
Someone was insensitive towards Josh Jenkins, insulting him with something that had been widely reported in media but which Jenkins had asked not to be mentioned.

Someone was insensitive to Eddie Betts, and though we don't know what exactly was said, it sounds like it was about being raised in a single parent household.

Someone used an indigenous message stick in a way that hadn't been approved by First Nations elders.

Leadership of the club didn't listen to the players when they raised their complaints, and it caused further division.

All of these were terrible, but I'm yet to read of something that actually breaks workplace safety law.

Please don't bring up Adam Heuskes, Peter Burgoyne or Jarman Impey. It's not appropriate.

Wouldn't dare.

You gotta admit though, if there is one area the Power have us well and truly beat, it's sweeping.
200 year head start on that front.

Desperate much. Let’s bring up Johncock, Goodwin, Ronnie Burns etc etc. glasshouses pal.
Goodwin gambling is pretty well known and was never hidden. Not even sure what you're talking about with the others, so they must be incredibly minor.

The Crows have always been ridiculously forward in telling AFL House what we've done and taking our full whack. I'd rather we were more like Port.

Someone was insensitive towards Josh Jenkins, insulting him with something that had been widely reported in media but which Jenkins had asked not to be mentioned.

Someone was insensitive to Eddie Betts, and though we don't know what exactly was said, it sounds like it was about being raised in a single parent household.

Someone used an indigenous message stick in a way that hadn't been approved by First Nations elders.

Leadership of the club didn't listen to the players when they raised their complaints, and it caused further division.

All of these were terrible, but I'm yet to read of something that actually breaks workplace safety law.
Wow, just wow.

It's pretty obvious from your shallow commentary that you haven't bothered to read Eddie Betts' book.

Because Eddie goes into considerable background and detail in his book and subsequent interviews about what happened at that camp and why he found it and the subsequent handling of the aftermath of the camp by the Adelaide Football Club to be traumatic.

Here is a widely respected figure across the AFL and a once cherished player of your own club who dared to speak the truth about his shocking treatment at the hands of his own employer (ie. the Adelaide Crows Football Club - its former senior coach and officials).

And Eddie makes it quite clear in his book that he felt bullied and emotionally and culturally unsafe while at the camp and was denied access to support for its duration. Furthermore, he and other players were required to take part in an orchestrated cover-up of what took place at the camp - told to not discuss what happened with family and friends. .When revelations of what happened at the camp began to surface in the media, Eddie states he was accused of 'leaking' by senior AFC officials and subsequently removed from the leadership group.

Your suggestion that you've 'yet to read of something that actually breaks workplace law' seems to indicate that you want us to believe that you have some legal training.

Ok I'll play along. Care to tell us how you reached that opinion. You know, with a detailed assessment of the coverage of Section 31 of the SA Work, Health and Safety Act? Because rest assured that is where the next stage of action against the Adelaide football Club will take place after the botched SafeWork SA secret investigation.

The whole football world has expressed dismay and disgust at the revelations of Eddie Betts and Josh Jenkins in relation to the Adelaide Crows camp and the way the cover up has continued ever since, including the pathetic recent response of Crow Football Director Mark Ricciuto - who remains entrenched in the boys club at West Lakes.

And now you and old mate Ramify want to play the 'whataboutism' game?

Grow the feck up.

Last edited:
Wow, just wow.

It's pretty obvious from your shallow commentary that you haven't bothered to read Eddie Betts' book.

Because Eddie goes into considerable background and detail in his book and subsequent interviews about what happened at that camp and why he found it and the subsequent handling of the aftermath of the camp by the Adelaide Football Club to be traumatic.

Here is a widely respected figure across the AFL and a once cherished player of your own club who dared to speak the truth about his shocking treatment at the hands of his own employer (ie. the Adelaide Crows Football Club - its former senior coach and officials).

And Eddie makes it quite clear in his book that he felt bullied and emotionally and culturally unsafe while at the camp and was denied access to support for its duration.

Your suggestion that you've 'yet to read of something that actually breaks workplace law' seems to indicate that you want us to believe that you have some legal training.

Ok I'll play along. Care to tell us how you reached that opinion. You know, with a detailed assessment of the coverage of Section 31 of the SA Work, Health and Safety Act? Because rest assured that is where the next stage of action against the Adelaide football Club will take place after the botched SafeWork SA secret investigation.

The whole football world has expressed dismay and disgust at the revelations of Eddie Betts and Josh Jenkins in relation to the Adelaide Crows camp and the way the cover up has continued ever since, including the pathetic recent response of Crow Football Director Mark Ricciuto - who remains entrenched in the boys club at West Lakes.

Grow the feck up.

Wow, just wow.

And Eddie makes it quite clear in his book that he felt bullied and emotionally and culturally unsafe while at the camp and was denied access to support for its duration.

Grow the feck up.

Instead of all this hyperbole, why not disregarded my little snipe and answer my original questions?

Please, feel free to go into further detail if there's something you feel hasnt being disclosed or you have some creative ideas the AFL haven't thought of in regard to punishment for the club?
Are you under the impression that the AFL have a soft spot for the AFC when it comes to sanctions?

Instead of all this hyperbole, why not disregarded my little snipe and answer my original questions?

Please, feel free to go into further detail if there's something you feel hasnt being disclosed or you have some creative ideas the AFL haven't thought of in regard to punishment for the club?
Are you under the impression that the AFL have a soft spot for the AFC when it comes to sanctions?

Not hyperbole....fact.

Diminishing a pov by undermining established fact makes you look like a dill.

You seriously think Betts didn’t have his book legalled?

Deal with the argument over who’s behaviours were worse..not the evidential truth.

Not hyperbole....fact.

Diminishing a pov by undermining established fact makes you look like a dill
You seriously think Betts didn’t have his book legalled?

Deal with the argument...not the evidential truth.

I'm talking Festerz post not Eddie's book.

What is hyperbole about his post?

It seemed to me to be an accurate summary of the foolishness in denying the Crows camp situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back