Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Good for him. I didn't realise he wanted to step into full time coaching so soon, but it makes sense given his broad experience in the game; prelims, spoons, on ball, up forward, down back, club captain, played under a heap of coaches..
He's also a good communicator and understands the game well. I could see him as a head coach one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for him. I didn't realise he wanted to step into full time coaching so soon, but it makes sense given his broad experience in the game; prelims, spoons, on ball, up forward, down back, club captain, played under a heap of coaches..
He's also a good communicator and understands the game well. I could see him as a head coach one day.
Great post Rod.

Could be turn out to be a better coach than player imho. Natural leader and communicator.

He'll be back in the future.

Mrs Toes, upon hearing the JZ news, reminded me of the chat we had with Simmo at his last Syd where the news broke that he’d be taking up an asst coaching role with Hawthorn.

Ok, he’d had a few by the time we were chatting with him but he made no bones about the fact he felt ill at the thought he’d be donning “the poos and wees (his words)” but he made the point several times that he’d “soak in as much IP as possible so when I return to North we’ll be better equipped for sustained success.”

We know how things have played out since.

Go well anyway Jack and I do hope you can return to the fold sooner rather than later. Ps. Keep the pics of your kids in Tigers gear to yourself if possible!

Mrs Toes, upon hearing the JZ news, reminded me of the chat we had with Simmo at his last Syd where the news broke that he’d be taking up an asst coaching role with Hawthorn.

Ok, he’d had a few by the time we were chatting with him but he made no bones about the fact he felt ill at the thought he’d be donning “the poos and wees (his words)” but he made the point several times that he’d “soak in as much IP as possible so when I return to North we’ll be better equipped for sustained success.”

We know how things have played out since.

Go well anyway Jack and I do hope you can return to the fold sooner rather than later. Ps. Keep the pics of your kids in Tigers gear to yourself if possible!
My takeaway from this is that Simmo will be replacing Clarko at some point in the future.
And then Jack will be replacing Simmo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back