Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

That last goal where he just dabbed it with his left, being chased, was class. Just made it look effortless, strolled in - crazy to think how many other guys would’ve had to get around to snap on their right.
the 40m pass to Logan on the left as well . Was one of the reasons i was critical of Macca , who always got caught when trying to run around it for such a good player , i've noticed Errol using his right more as well

IMO, it should be a certainty! Yeah sure occasionally move the magnets around during a game, but their ‘main’ positions should be in the centre 👍🙏
Was in Nelson Bay today, Henry, Adams, Mellican and Parker with partners doen at the beach the boys kicking the footy around in pretty good spirits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a big supporter of moving him to the midfield a few years ago but his midfield performances have surpassed my expectations. He's doing it on the defensive side too, avg 5 tackles/game. Most of his disposals are quality, he's developed a presence in that area now.

Hope this break has come at a good time for him & we continue to see him play at a similar level for the remainder of the season.

It’s just fantastic and dare I say heart warming seeing him live up to his potential this year. Scary thing is I still don’t think we’ve seen his best !

I like Isaac Heeney.

I was a big supporter of moving him to the midfield a few years ago but his midfield performances have surpassed my expectations. He's doing it on the defensive side too, avg 5 tackles/game. Most of his disposals are quality, he's developed a presence in that area now.

Hope this break has come at a good time for him & we continue to see him play at a similar level for the remainder of the season.
That part gets overlooked a bit. He's just about the most damaging player in the comp with ball in hand right now but also putting in defensively too.

I still can't get my head around how he's suddenly become the player we're all watching right now

So after the bye, he still holds a 16 point lead in the Coaches votes. 41 vs Petracca on 25. Tom Green must be drifting MR0808 it’s looking better every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back