Past #44: Matthew Scott - picked at #25 in the '09 RD - delisted at the end of 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

'The Other M.Scott'

michael-scott-from-the-office.jpg

I apologise in advance for the Harry Potter reference, but how about Muggle?

As in not Majak.

It might be a bit long, but I quite like “Hi, I’m Matthew Scott, the guy North drafted after Majak Daw in the rookie draft. No, not Brad, Matthew. Yes, it is a great that Majak is the first Sudanese to play AFL and yes, he is a great guy. No, it’s Matthew. As I said, Brad’s the coach. No, I’m a player, I was drafted in the rookie draft. Yes, just like Majak Daw”.

Mouthful of Matthew?

It might be a bit long, but I quite like “Hi, I’m Matthew Scott, the guy North drafted after Majak Daw in the rookie draft. No, not Brad, Matthew. Yes, it is a great that Majak is the first Sudanese to play AFL and yes, he is a great guy. No, it’s Matthew. As I said, Brad’s the coach. No, I’m a player, I was drafted in the rookie draft. Yes, just like Majak Daw”.

Or perhaps we can call him Shadow, as he will always be in Majak’s.

Hey, how'd you quote me before I even posted? Crazy super powers!

As for the mouthful, no thanks. I'm not that way inclined. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I don't know, I've been screwing around with the time-space continuum lately.. :( We could just call him Mouthful. or The Mouth

Hamish
The More Famous Half of Hamish & Andy

*edit, oh****shitcrap I did it again :(

Mouthful of Matthew?

Hey, how'd you quote me before I even posted? Crazy super powers!

As for the mouthful, no thanks. I'm not that way inclined. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Step back for the Machine and leave space time alone. You don't wanna put a hole in it now do you.

I can see why they call you the Flawed Genius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M.S.

Mehh im out of ideas.
Tryna bring in a Eurotrip reference.

Maybe we can all read a lot of books to raise money for his player sponsorship.

Did you get a name change?

It's pretty easy to understand.

Yes however didn't/don't really post enough that you'd know the previous alias, junior.

mscott.jpg

Matthew Scott
Height: 185cm
Weight: 72kg
DOB: 12/04/91
Recruited from: Yarra Valley Grammar/Eastern Ranges
Bio: Smart reader of the play who is extremely hard in close. Ultra clean hands at ground level and thinks his way through traffic. Vic Metro U18 representative in 2009. Solid performance at Draft Camp with 13.5 beep test. Averaged 20 disposals in 10 games for the Ranges with an efficiency of 67 per cent.

In his own words

What type of player are you?
I don’t panic under pressure, I’m good in traffic, a good decision maker and I use the ball well.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
Nick Dal Santo. Seems like he has heaps of time and doesn’t panic. He makes good decisions.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Decision making, willingness to achieve, poise and belief.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
Strength, fitness and possession count.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Essendon. I chose to support them as a young kid.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
Parents. They believe in me and are always there for support.

North Melbourne rookie Matthew Scott faces up to a year on the sidelines after suffering a serious knee injury in the VFL on Sunday.

"He had a collision during the game on the weekend," Director of Medical Services and Player Pathways Steve Saunders told kangaroos.com.au.

"He's had a tear of his anterior cruciate ligament and a bit of damage to his medial ligament as well, so he'll be seeing a surgeon tomorrow to have the ligaments re-constructed and the joint tidied up."
http://www.kangaroos.com.au/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/117415/default.aspx

Bad news for a likely type. Best of luck Scotty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back