Past #44: Matthew Scott - picked at #25 in the '09 RD - delisted at the end of 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

The Eastern Ranges are a very unattractive football team to watch.
Why do you say that Wally? They now have 6 players from this year on AFL lists. Two of them with us!

Why do you say that Wally? They now have 6 players from this year on AFL lists. Two of them with us!
or did a tongue in cheek go right over my head again?

Just watched some of the footage of him in action, have to say he seems to chip the ball an awful lot like a player we just de-listed.

Saying that, i really hope he turns out as good as Del Santo.

None of his kicks were backwards, or sideways for that matter (AFL highlight package).

Looks promising. Looks like he should have gone ND to me. Another dual sided draftee. I can see a little Dal Santo in him.

A mate of mine from Norwood FC said he is a very tough, determined fella with awesome skills & a really level head on his shoulders.

Welcome Matthew ('junior').

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After checking out a few of those videos I like the look of this guy. Has some real class in traffic.

Sounds like a good kid too. Can't wait for his press conference to be uploaded on Rootube :thumbsu:.

The younger Scott.

It has to be Angus, right?[/quote

Junior after coach Scott.:thumbsu: Or Mascott :thumbsu:.
I feel sorry for this young bloke not much attention paid on his selection.:(

Welcome Matthew, (another Scott) best wishes for a long and successful career at the best club in the world

Last time we had a scott we won a flag now we have 2 one as coach and the other as a potential player . hey we may win a few .:cool:

Burgen got this way wrong with his prediction on where he would go in the draft. 2nd rounder in Rookie draft is about right. Lacks speed, penetration with his kick but good overhead and seems to read the play ok. Reminds me a bit of Simmo actually.

None of his kicks were backwards, or sideways for that matter (AFL highlight package).

Looks promising. Looks like he should have gone ND to me. Another dual sided draftee. I can see a little Dal Santo in him.

Thats true, definitely a positive.

Burgen got this way wrong with his prediction on where he would go in the draft. 2nd rounder in Rookie draft is about right. Lacks speed, penetration with his kick but good overhead and seems to read the play ok. Reminds me a bit of Simmo actually.

Many clubs recruiters including ours rated him as a national draft selection just like Burgan did.

Great work by the club picking up our 2 main targets in the Rookie Draft and hopefully they come on well in the next few years :thumbsu:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back