400 errors - giant cookie keeps getting re-added

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Grenville

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apologies in advance if this isnt the correct place for issues like this, but have searched for a while and wasnt able to find a better fit. Likely others hitting this same issue & may help them.

This cookie (see attached image) keeps getting added daily. Load balancer returning 400 error based on size. Deleting cookie resolves issue - rinse/repeat daily.

Guessing this is related to an advertised? Resolving issue certainly appreciated.

Attachments

• bigfooty-cookie.jpg
    bigfooty-cookie.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 50

Chief TechFerret

Issue stopped occurring for a while, but has returned the past week or so. I delete it multiple times daily but keeps being re-added. Size varies from ~2-3MB
Always named "fc". Guessing its coming from an advertiser.
Is pretty frustrating & likely impacting other traffic. Help resolving greatly appreciated, thanks.

Over the last few months after using the site for a few minutes, I'll attempt to navigate to a new post or back to the homepage and instead get redirected to a blank web page with only the following text on it: "
400 Bad Request
Request Header Or Cookie Too Large
nginx
"

I'm then unable to re-access the hawks bigfooty page without either doing a re-start or clearing history/cookies from the browser.

This happens regardless of whether I use chrome as my browser, firefox, or edge.
Also, sometimes doesn't work for more than a few minutes after deleting cookies/cache and problem quickly re-emerges.
Was just wondering if you might have some advice?

Thanks for the time and help,

Daniel

Hey, I am getting this error pop up on my android phone.

Started happening during the draft night and hasn't stopped.
I'm the opposite.
All good on my android phone. Getting the error in Chrome on my PC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can confirm I've started having this error as of about two days ago, immediately after a phone system update. I'm on a Google Pixel 6 Pro (Android).

No amount of cookie clearing or other similar fixes has worked.

Can confirm I've started having this error as of about two days ago, immediately after a phone system update. I'm on a Google Pixel 6 Pro (Android).

No amount of cookie clearing or other similar fixes has worked.
Using Chrome?

Chrome is a horrible burden on the world.

Usually they realise what they have done and quietly install minor updates.

I figured it would be chrome amd appreciate it may be outside of your control.

It's only this site though for me. Not sure about the other folk.

I figured it would be chrome amd appreciate it may be outside of your control.

It's only this site though for me. Not sure about the other folk.
Yes we are also due an update to the forum - could be something here that Chrome doesn't like.

Have also been getting this for a week, (chrome, mobile, no adbl ocker) it kept happening repeatedly tonight so I cleared my cookies and came searching for a thread, good to see clearing cookies worked for others, hopefully does for me, just want to report that it's happening to another user

Remove this Banner Ad

Back