AFL Player #40: Tex Wanganeen - Running and kicking drills at training - 23/3

Remove this Banner Ad

should have been delisted last year. As has been mentioned, he can play, just one of those blokes we have a long history of not being able to get right.
No, he shouldn't have been. He'd shown more than enough to stay on the list.

should have been delisted last year. As has been mentioned, he can play, just one of those blokes we have a long history of not being able to get right.
I doubt he would have been around if the was on the main list but being a rookie it gave them some flexibility and it shows how much they rate him. He had a contract. He was / is worth the punt even though he is now behind the eight ball again. From all reports he is on line to play a decent part of the season even though he has but put on a long slow build up. At his age I have no issues with them honoring his contract.

No, he shouldn't have been. He'd shown more than enough to stay on the list.
if he wasn't contracted he should have been delisted. Injured for large parts, showed flashes of brilliance which seduces people into thinking he's worth the persistence with.

As I mentioned, he is adding to the long list of players Essendon overextends in hope they come good but more often than not don't.

if he wasn't contracted he should have been delisted. Injured for large parts, showed flashes of brilliance which seduces people into thinking he's worth the persistence with.

As I mentioned, he is adding to the long list of players Essendon overextends in hope they come good but more often than not don't.
Giving 3 years on the rookie list for a guy that played senior football in year one is overextending?

You're acting as if he was on the list for 6+ years! Even if he was OOC he would have been extended for another year. Your set against him is bizarre.

Not really and he was contracted so there is no point saying "if he wasn't" . Every club has a list of players in a similar situation. It is not an Essendon thing. Who replaces him ? a rookie from what looked to be an average draft ?

Not really and he was contracted so there is no point saying "if he wasn't" . Every club has a list of players in a similar situation. It is not an Essendon thing. Who replaces him ? a rookie from what looked to be an average draft ?
We can both probably agree the 2 years was premature. I would hazard guess that if he wasn't contracted he should have been delisted but alas, here was are.

Giving 3 years on the rookie list for a guy that played senior football in year one is overextending?

You're acting as if he was on the list for 6+ years! Even if he was OOC he would have been extended for another year. Your set against him is bizarre.
just a realist Ethan, he has played mostly unassuming games with flashes of brilliance. I am not saying he is no good, not for a second. I am saying he is up against it and Essendon should do right by Essendon and would/should have cut ties.

Essendon have a tendency to not do this with players on the list, I do wonder if he wan't contracted would he remain? probably not but here we are.

just a realist Ethan, he has played mostly unassuming games with flashes of brilliance. I am not saying he is no good, not for a second. I am saying he is up against it and Essendon should do right by Essendon and would/should have cut ties.

Essendon have a tendency to not do this with players on the list, I do wonder if he wan't contracted would he remain? probably not but here we are.
Not a realist. He played his first two years as a teenager. He didn't turn 20 until after the end of his second season.

You made a half cocked call halfway through his second year and then deliberately ignored any form after that. You even said he would be cut after his last game in the VFL he was best on by a street!

That isn't realism. It's basically the opposite.

Not a realist. He played his first two years as a teenager. He didn't turn 20 until after the end of his second season.

You made a half cocked call halfway through his second year and then deliberately ignored any form after that. You even said he would be cut after his last game in the VFL he was best on by a street!

That isn't realism. It's basically the opposite.

is that the game where he was best on in the first half and then got injured again?

asking for a friend because it seems to be the trend with Tex

is that the game where he was best on in the first half and then got injured again?

Yeah, nah. He had a solid month to month and a half of very good football before his injury. You just pretend it was "half a game" because it suits you.

Ethan, im just going to say that you're right and wel move on. This is what you do. Drive people into oblivion even if they think they are right and you always think you are right.

Good discussion :thumbsu:
This is what you do. You make a comment multiple people disagree with and then whinge when they express their disagreement

Ethan, im just going to say that you're right and wel move on. This is what you do. Drive people into oblivion even if they think they are right and you always think you are right.

Good discussion :thumbsu:
He did have a really good 4 or 5 weeks of footy including a few where he played more than a quarter of good footy. His last game was pretty good against decent opposition. That is simply a fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what you do. You make a comment multiple people disagree with and then whinge when they express their disagreement
Im disagreeing with people not seeing my point. People think my point about Tex being delisted was because he is no good.

No, even said I think he has talent, his body was the reason I think new should delist him.

Im disagreeing with people not seeing my point. People think my point about Tex being delisted was because he is no good.

No, even said I think he has talent, his body was the reason I think new should delist him.
People see your point. It's not that complicated or accurate.

maybe, maybe not.

Acknowledgement of said point goes a long way to advancing the discussion.
It was acknowledged but as Ethan said when someone disagrees you default to whinging.

He's on the rookie list. Relax.

It's not like he's another Henneman or Bolton. If Tex doesn't make it he's cost us a rookie spot. Big whooper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back