Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon it's got to be due to fitness. He did look a bit proppy last week. That pre season ankle injury meant he didn't get a good pre season block at the end. Frustrating lack of clarity from the club

Tbh he's probably glad to be out while we're total s**t and getting pumped. Stands more chance of being part of a win in the VFL. Maybe later in the year if we happen to catch a bit of consistency he'll come in and play in a win.
I'm sure he's ecstatic. 4th year player can't get a game in the worst side in living memory.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I'm sure he's ecstatic. 4th year player can't get a game in the worst side in living memory.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Has to be a niggle/fitness issue because makes absolutely no sense to me.

But what would I know.

On talent alone, I have him in the top dozen or so at the Club.

Last edited:
Wowsers - look at that North half forward line

HF Sleevo Powell Shiels

...and Elvis can't get a run.

Clarko - wtf r u up to here!
It’s pretty uninspiring… especially when Eddie is currently our 4th in goal kicking missing 4 games.

Hopefully just some niggle. Otherwise it’s a pretty surprising selection decision.

We seem to hold our “flair” or “instinctive” players on a tighter leash than most clubs do, a lot of others seem to encourage that type of footy where we seem to stifle players natural games with system and abit of over coaching of gameplan so I hope that isn’t what they are doing with Eddie.

A lot of strange selections every week with Clarko. He has me totally confused with what his aim is when it comes to selecting players.
Yeah, at one point I’m like ‘oh, bold move Clarke. Ok, I see what you’re trying to do. Give them a string of games together. Build some continuity. Get them to 50, 70, 100 games , alright, alright I see the development taking form which you keep talking about’ next week young developing player’s dropped. Wat.

There’s no reason guys like Hardenman shouldn’t be playing if we’re giving other guys the luxury of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s not fit enough and he isn’t chasing. Why do you think shiels is now on the half forward line?

He has the ability, but elvis gotta be chasing when half forward.
He's the only half forward teams would even put any time into.

And we're worried about his ****ing chasing?

I’m stoked he’s in. But I don’t get why he isn’t playing every week if he’s fit, as is now confirmed he is. Like I get that he may have specific stuff to work on and they are taking a long view, much like with Dawson. But he’s such a dynamic player, and surely at 0-8 you want all your guns playing…Or maybe cos we’re 0-8 it doesn’t matter and they’re happy to let him improve whatever it is in the 2s. A touch confusing. Anyway, Go Fordy!

Yeah, at one point I’m like ‘oh, bold move Clarke. Ok, I see what you’re trying to do. Give them a string of games together. Build some continuity. Get them to 50, 70, 100 games , alright, alright I see the development taking form which you keep talking about’ next week young developing player’s dropped. Wat.

There’s no reason guys like Hardenman shouldn’t be playing if we’re giving other guys the luxury of games.
Nah Hardemann looked absolutely cooked after that GC Darwin game. I don't think people realise how taxing that game is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back