Past 4. Lochie O'Brien

Remove this Banner Ad

i hope O'Brien proves me wrong because Darcy Fogarty is looking really good at Adelaide

O'Brien's kicking so far looks shaky
I think he's scrubbed the odd one off the boot under pressure, but he still hits the bad ones like lasers. Fogarty looks like an undersized KPF at the moment, which is fine for Adelaide's current squad, but he'll need to change his game in the future.

While I would have preferred Bonar, O'Brien deserved to be in the conversation, and has developed a bit quicker than I was expecting.

I think he's scrubbed the odd one off the boot under pressure, but he still hits the bad ones like lasers. Fogarty looks like an undersized KPF at the moment, which is fine for Adelaide's current squad, but he'll need to change his game in the future.

While I would have preferred Bonar, O'Brien deserved to be in the conversation, and has developed a bit quicker than I was expecting.
he isn't undersized, he is 193cm tall and a bull. Should have gone a lot higher than he did. The Crows got a steal in him

he isn't undersized, he is 193cm tall and a bull. Should have gone a lot higher than he did. The Crows got a steal in him

Forget Fogarty in regards to our Pick 10. He made it clear all last year he wanted to stay in Adelaide. From the same small town (Ungarie) as Riccuitto and Roo has clearly taken him under his wing.

There is no use having a kid interstate who doesn't want to be there. We got one over the Crows when the same thing precluded them from nabbing Charlie.

Swings and roundabouts and vagaries of a draft dealing with humans.

LOB will be an important player for us i am pretty sure. He will be a great compliment to our growing inside mids.

Forget Fogarty in regards to our Pick 10. He made it clear all last year he wanted to stay in Adelaide. From the same small town (Ungarie) as Riccuitto and Roo has clearly taken him under his wing.

There is no use having a kid interstate who doesn't want to be there. We got one over the Crows when the same thing precluded them from nabbing Charlie.

LOB will be an important player for us i am pretty sure. He will be a great compliment to our growing inside mids.
Fogarty's from Lucindale and played at Glenelg, so you've just made an argument for us having a strong connection to him through McKay.

Adelaide obviously preyed upon him wanting to stay in the state, and he probably had some local connections in the capital after making the move over to Glenelg a while back, but his home town is right near the border to Victoria.

While we're on the subject of state connections, does anyone know why there are no regional teams in the SANFL?

In what way?

Looks at the expected level, or slightly behind compared to other few year draftees at the same point under Bolton; factoring in their positions.

Not a huge read based on two JLT games though so far. Seems OK with the structures though, which I guess is the main thing the coaching group will be looking for at this stage. The skill execution will come with gametime and confidence.

that is wrong, he comes from Lucindale. A town 30 minutes from where i live. And i haven't seen anywhere where he has said he wanted to stay in SA

Ungarie is in NSW

In what way?

Looks at the expected level, or slightly behind compared to other few year draftees at the same point under Bolton; factoring in their positions.

Not a huge read based on two JLT games though so far. Seems OK with the structures though, which I guess is the main thing the coaching group will be looking for at this stage. The skill execution will come with gametime and confidence.
His physical strength and ability to keep his feet in the contest.

Spot on.
He made it very clear he wasn't leaving SA.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeepers , i dunno where i got Ungarie in my head from lol. Maybe from watching Joe Daniher yesterday. The Danihers are from Ungarie.

So to be correct, Fogarty is from Lucindale as Jimmae pointed out and Roo is actually from Wakerie, a different bush SA town.

The point remains though, Fog wasn't leaving SA and it appears obvious Roo had him wrapped up very early on in the year. Charlie Cameron just allowed them to use 12 instead of 10.

Although the pace of the JLT games has caught LOB out somewhat, you can see that he is a good reader of the play & knows the spots to get to.

He will do an apprenticeship in the VFL to start off with, but as the season progresses & the sting starts going out of some teams, LOB will get a run at senior action & will demonstrate that he has what it takes to succeed at AFL level.

Who knows with young kids, but he has shown enough in the JLT games that he is a good kick and has superb running skills.

Still looks like a boy in a man's comp, so an apprenticeship in the VFL will not hurt. I'm hoping he adjusts quickly and EARNS 12-15 AFL games this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back