Senior 4. Oliver Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

It isnt the size of the body that matters in a player it is the amount of genuine mongrel they bring to each contest - finally a skinny runt that Carlton has recruited that actually ticks THE boxes. Well done Ollie.

Well done,
I thought he looked pretty spent just before his injury.
Which was to be expected in a first year player.
Since he has returned he has been in great form.
That tackle in the d50 on butler I think saved a goal in a crucial stage of the game and won us back the ball.
He is gunna be a ripper!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

he aint going to win the damn thing - but i think we were all losing our minds over the fact that he so deserved the eternal "badge" of rising star nominee - i was reasonbably furious he hadnt picked up the nom pre injury

I'm buying up all the land on Hollands island. It's an investment like buying Fitzroy warehouses in the 90's. Kid is gonna be a generational winger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's really getting his role since he came back. He was always all heart and effort but occasionally his run wasn't efficient. Since we changed things up, his footy smarts is really good. He mentioned in his presser after this nomination, that the contested part of the game plan was more simplistic and it shows. Not sure whether that means the actions are different or the message was different but clearly the gap between the coaches and players closed up and they get each other now.

Really hoping the club continue to develop Ollie into a pure mid. Has the engine and thirst for the contest. Just keep getting stronger and faster and I could see him playing alongside Walshy and Cerra for years to come. Such a solid contributor already. So glad he’s one of our own!

Ollie spoke well. Didn't say a lot but came over as well mannered and intelligent.

He just seems to be maturing in front of our eyes. Doesn't quite look like a 16 year old kid anymore. Will be intetesting to see how he comes back next year in terms of bodyshape.

Is already a ripper but will get even better.

A moment of recognition to the guy that brought him here. Nick Austin was given the task of fixing our wings and gut running. Brought in Acres and Ollie. No stuffing around with Nick. Fixed the problem! "Next problem?"
Dear Nick,

Please find players with indestructible hammies and calves.

Thanks

Watched the replay of yesterdays game. This kids up & down is phenomenal.
Runs the ground like it’s a basketball court
I’m gunna say it………
Gives me massive Craig Bradley vibes he does.
And he’s a baby.
Going to enjoy watching this blokes career.
He’s a good one this one.
Reminds me of Braddles a bit too. Will play well into his 30's and well iver 200 games, 250 plus!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

It isnt the size of the body that matters in a player it is the amount of genuine mongrel they bring to each contest - finally a skinny runt that Carlton has recruited that actually ticks THE boxes. Well done Ollie.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Ollie plays with this as his brand. Even his first couple of matches, he was running back with the flight of the ball and using desperation to help out in defense (including halving a couple of 1-on-2s).

I love it.

Props to one poster (pretty sure it was Arr0w) who has repeatedly said that Hollands is actually an inside mid who can play outside.

Most of us saw a skinny kid and assumed it would be the other way around (at best).

Currently getting most of his possessions uncontested, but should get a bigger role inside over time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back