Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

He owns us nothing and we own him nothing if it ends thankyou very much. If his heart not in it well better that way. Along with with Grimes, Prestia, Graham, Macca and Pickett I don't think they will be at the club in 2025.

I would rather he retires than play for another club

But i really cannot see what the Suns can offer him in salary
They will have cap issues in 2-3 years if they dont front load contracts now and dusty is not playing for $400k a year

Would have to be a $700k+ contract to make him consider the move and i would doubt there would be too much marketing dollars from the AFL going his way

Also we would get jack sh !t for him

I would rather he retires than play for another club

But i really cannot see what the Suns can offer him in salary
They will have cap issues in 2-3 years if they dont front load contracts now and dusty is not playing for $400k a year

Would have to be a $700k+ contract to make him consider the move and i would doubt there would be too much marketing dollars from the AFL going his way

Also we would get jack sh !t for him
I see the afl are looking at bringing in where you can buy/sell salary cap space.
Too late for next year I'd imagine but if it did and Dusty retires it opens up opportunities for us .
With our list we could afford a salary cut for 2yrs if it means scoring another 1st rnd pick.

Baker is gone, Dusty will retire.

I think most think that way. Dusty 34 next year either stays another year or hangs up the boots. Leaning retirement
Baker from what I'm herring is gone but we are trying to entice him and as we know in this industry things can change quite quickly.

Anyway, we'll know for sure in 4-5 months time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing less than a pick in the top 10 vicinity. Pick 21 isn't gonna cut it. If he wants to go that's win/win imo.

Agree but i dare say its going to be around 10-15. All depends where Freo finish up on the ladder and pies too as Freo have their first rounder for Schultz

And their 3rd First rounder comes from>
Freo have received the Power's 2024 first round selection in exchange for a 2023 second round selection (tied to North Melbourne compensation) and a future second round selection

I see the afl are looking at bringing in where you can buy/sell salary cap space.
Too late for next year I'd imagine but if it did and Dusty retires it opens up opportunities for us .
With our list we could afford a salary cut for 2yrs if it means scoring another 1st rnd pick.
I hope 300 and retire

It has been a win win situation
Without Dusty, we don’t have the silverware in the cabinet.
Without the support of the club (players , coaches and administrators) especially early in his career, Dusty doesn’t have the success and longevity in the game he’s had.
But I don’t think he owes us, the ledger is square.

I think we’ll agree to disagree.

He really should’ve been captain and take charge as the oldest and best player on the list.

But no he’s a little shy so we gave him a break. So if he leaves because he wants to play at a better club or just chill at the beach on top of that to me it seems like he is a bit of a princess tbh. He is so close he should just finish his time with us. I’d vomit seeing him in other colours especially if he gives us a walloping.

Last edited:
I think we’ll agree to disagree.

He really should’ve been captain and take charge as the oldest and best player on the list.

But no he’s a little shy so we gave him a break. So if he leaves because he wants to play at a better club or just chill at the beach on top of that to me it seems like he is a bit of a princess tbh. He is so close he should just finish his time with us. I’d vomit seeing him in other colours especially if he gives us a walloping.
There’s plenty of reasons he didn’t want the captaincy, the personal stuff has had a huge affect on him, and prior to that don’t think it interested him. So you can’t force it upon him.

I’d rather he stay a one club player, but if he wanted to finish his career up North, no way I’d begrudge him. 3 flags with Dusty’s fingerprints all over them, he’s given supporters what they had only dreamt of prior to 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back