Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond beat Kane Cornes in his 300th game. Then after copping some criticism from Cornes in 2017 after a bad loss to Saints when Cornes said Richmond got ahead of themselves, Dimma said he’s paid to write sh*t comments.

Then Tigers beat his beloved Port in the 2020 PF.

Then in 2023 Dimma said Cornes doesn’t even believe what he says half the time and says it to get clicks.

So that’s the background as Cornes can’t let things go and holds massive grudges. It’s why he smashes Beveridge constantly after Beveridge said comments wondering what sort of human he was and how anyone can sleep next to him at night.

Cornes doesn’t let things go. He relentlessly smashes those who’d be critiqued him or fired back at him in the past. Classic sign of him being a fragile and insecure little man.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The thing about Cornes is that there is no logic or consistency in what he says. Before the Richmond Saints game he said that MRJ inclusion would strengthen Richmond then in the next sentence criticised St Kilda for including a small forward in their side because he didn’t score enough. Clearly he was unaware of MRJ’s stats and he is an inconsistent flog

Could not be anymore CLEAR

When words like "At this point" get used? yes, definitely.

If my wife asked me - "are you having an affair" & I answered " at this point, i have no intentions of having an affair with your friend", im pretty sure i would get a kick in the nuts.

I don't think he is retiring btw, but whenever wording like that gets used = it makes me wonder if a conversation was had discussing the idea, which is probably all thats needed to have a AFL journo run with a story in 2024

Let’s be honest Dusty would only have to casually wonder out loud “wonder how long I will play?” Or “Life will be cool when I retire” anything really and it would set off a wave of masturbation amongst media.

If my wife asked me - "are you having an affair" & I answered " at this point, i have no intentions of having an affair with your friend", im pretty sure i would get a kick in the nuts.

I don't think he is retiring btw, but whenever wording like that gets used = it makes me wonder if a conversation was had discussing the idea, which is probably all thats needed to have a AFL journo run with a story in 2024
It's standard Ralph Carr speak. Always leaves the door open intentionally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s be honest Dusty would only have to casually wonder out loud “wonder how long I will play?” Or “Life will be cool when I retire” anything really and it would set off a wave of masturbation amongst media.
But yeah tony Sheahan is the biggest kennabec in the paddock…and if his sister is peddling gossip she can f#%^ right off

Yeah, but everyone retires ‘at some point’ … not everyone has an affair ‘at some point’…. so I think it’s over analysing his choice of words, as he will 100% decide to retire ‘at some point’.

The fact Carr added into the mix words to the effect Dusty has said he wants to play for as long as he can is promising … if Carr knew he was retiring at seasons end then there’s no way he’d have said that.

Yeah, but everyone retires ‘at some point’ … not everyone has an affair ‘at some point’…. so I think it’s over analysing his choice of words, as he will 100% decide to retire ‘at some point’.

The fact Carr added into the mix words to the effect Dusty has said he wants to play for as long as he can is promising … if Carr knew he was retiring at seasons end then there’s no way he’d have said that.

When you write a presser or you go out of your way to make a comment, to the entire country, i think the words chosen can say alot. Not to say i think he will, but the words used kinda make me be a bit.....

Emotion Reaction GIF

That will be the one thing i always will say about Dusty and his management. For a guy who is open about his loathing of the media, public pressure etc - they sure do choose to use it alot. Be it visiting other clubs facilities during trade/contract negotiations, visiting Dimma in the Goldy while there is a lot of public interest in stories of him going there etc etc - they tend to benefit from the strategy of "uncertainty" in what they do, say etc

Not quite the same as at some stage in the not to distant future Dustin will retire, if your wife is asking if you're having an affair then you're already in deep shit.

Just think how many clicks Cornes and that other muppet Sam McClure have wracked up writing BS about Dusty over the years.

Hahahahahahhaah hahhahaaaaass hahahahaha haaahahahaha hahah…..

…..
GASP
….

HAHAH AH HA HA hahahahahaha haha ha ha haaa hahahaha

Hahhha ha ha ha ha

Ha ha

Ha

****in dickheads.

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back