Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

Was okay, but still coughed up multiple goals because he is a complete bonehead.

I believe he is the one who constantly ****s up our defensive structure. He zones off to the wrong places, directs other smaller defenders to man up on talls in dangerous areas and constantly puts his teammates under pressure.

The faster he is out of the side the better off we’ll be

When he actually defended 1v1 against King today he was great.

It’s his desire to want to zone off his man and just guard dead space which he continued to do again today in the brief moments he was matched up on other players that hurts.

Genuinely slaughtered Max King today.

If you can find a negative out of his game you are just looking for one.

Can’t remember many games this year where we’ve had a defender beat his man so comprehensively.

Genuinely slaughtered Max King today.

If you can find a negative out of his game you are just looking for one.

Can’t remember many games this year where we’ve had a defender beat his man so comprehensively.
Well there was that silly free kick giving away a goal and im pretty sure he (i could be wrong) took a huge round arm spoil and missed where all that was needed was punch straight at the ball.
But, he was miles better today. Ive been banging on how this bloke needs a solid block of footy behind him before he looks AFL standard. He might just be getting there, fingers crossed.

Had a guy sitting just behind me at the game constantly bagging Corr, even when the ball was nowhere near him. If Corr kicked the ball to another of our players who dropped it, it was Corrs fault, Some supporters just do not like a player and will never like things that they do in a game. When other had a go at him his comment was " lm a member, l support my club and l can say what l like . . Yet he was one of the first to leave 10 minutes into the last 1/4.

When he actually defended 1v1 against King today he was great.

It’s his desire to want to zone off his man and just guard dead space which he continued to do again today in the brief moments he was matched up on other players that hurts.
Don’t let King’s soft shitness cloud your judgement on Corr.

Corr’s constant brain fades were a big factor in them getting a lead we couldn’t drag back.

Spoke to a mate of his on Friday and he said Aidan is absolutely hating footy at the moment.

I guess we could all tell that.
Well tell his mate to tell Aiden that we are all hating footy because of how shit he is.

If he hates it so much quit and hand back his wage, because no other club is touching him with a 10 foot pole.

He should be loving the fact that he gets paid extremely well to do a job that he is substandard at and wouldn’t get anywhere else.

Well tell his mate to tell Aiden that we are all hating footy because of how s**t he is.

If he hates it so much quit and hand back his wage, because no other club is touching him with a 10 foot pole.

He should be loving the fact that he gets paid extremely well to do a job that he is substandard at and wouldn’t get anywhere else.

Pretty much what I said to his mate 😂

I’ve been ragging on him for most of the year but I thought he was definitely not our worse player yesterday. Basically did what he should be doing . I can’t remember him being that bad as he’s been for most of this year . Maybe it’s because of that ankle injury he suffered half way thru preseason? Maybe he’s just starting to hit his straps only now .
Don’t know .. hope he continues to play like he did yesterday. Defend first then zone / run off 2nd . We need all the leadership & experience we can get in that back line and the team right now .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been ragging on him for most of the year but I thought he was definitely not our worse player yesterday. Basically did what he should be doing . I can’t remember him being that bad as he’s been for most of this year . Maybe it’s because of that ankle injury he suffered half way thru preseason? Maybe he’s just starting to hit his straps only now .
Don’t know .. hope he continues to play like he did yesterday. Defend first then zone / run off 2nd . We need all the leadership & experience we can get in that back line and the team right now .
He was a big reason that St Kilda got back into the game at the start.

He’s shit and a big reason for us being so shit.

There shouldn’t be any excuses given for a player that has been in the system long enough to be better.

Don’t let King’s soft shitness cloud your judgement on Corr.

Corr’s constant brain fades were a big factor in them getting a lead we couldn’t drag back.
Oh don’t get me wrong those shit moments were extremely frustrating.

The fact his 1v1 defensive work on King was actually quite good is even more frustrating with how much he wants to zone off and guard useless space the majority of the time.

Did well against King, but was responsible a big momentum killer in the first quarter when he threw King to ground 20 metres out from goal when the ball was 80 metres away.

If he could remove the 3-4 brain farts a game and stop blaming his team mates I would tolerate him a little more. Yes it was his best game for the year, of what has been a really low base. His 1st QTR TBH was absolute shite. He directly influenced 2 of the goals (King throw down and not spoiling Membrey) + one outlet kick was a hospital ball on the boundary to one of his team mates. His last 3 QTRs were a lot better. If he contributes a decent standard for the rest of the year, then that would be good for the side. Pretty sure Brady won’t offer him an extension any time soon, although……..hang on let’s not go there. 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Back