Preview Changes v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sun 21 April 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks supporters seem confident
I don't think their list is anything special we have them on talent.

It's just a matter of if we know how to win/effort.

Any team would be confident

They will come out with heat and emotion and apparently we have taken the emotion out of it

If hawks get in front watch our heads drop. I can’t see us winning many games this year if we give this one up

Huge game

If my Hawks do not show your Roos the respect you deserve it’s all over for us before the first bounce of the footy!

Let’s hope it’s a good contest, without any injuries or dubious umpiring decisions for any of us.

Go Hawks

Whoever does the Game Day thread it’s on you.

Lift

They’ve been dismal so far and it’s made me sick

Another rubbish effort and loss and I won’t come out of retirement

frank costanza facepalm GIF by HULU

Am I right in saying the Boxhill Hawks have a similar arrangement with Hawthorn as North Ballarat had with us, when they won a couple of VFL flags? I’m assuming that gives them a bit of a leg up in the competition? Therefore, today’s result shouldn’t reflect too badly on tomorrow’s game? I’m just trying to talk myself out of the nagging sense that if our “great” VFL team gets flogged by the Hawks, what’s going to happen to our heretofore woeful AFL team.

Nah, just dont think its fair to pull him apart and rip on him. He’s young, was just soft to go to hospital and then be named this week. Thats it
🤣 All good. Just for a second, I thought I’d mistakenly wandered into the local knitting guild thread.

Any team would be confident

They will come out with heat and emotion and apparently we have taken the emotion out of it

If hawks get in front watch our heads drop. I can’t see us winning many games this year if we give this one up

Huge game
If we lose badly I won't want to watch many more games this year.

Look at the confidence its given west coast winning last week

They look way above us lol we are ******* kidding ourselves if we can continue losing and roll out the excuses "we are a young team" blah blah blab

The only thing that will develop us is ******* winning

We dont win against hawks I can see us not even beating west coast no way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watch every game every loss

Just sick of losing so if we lose to Hawks I'm just gonna be mentally done I think.
You won’t be alone, I’ll be having a spell for the rest of the year if we fail to turn up again.

They look way above us lol we are ******* kidding ourselves if we can continue losing and roll out the excuses "we are a young team" blah blah blab

The Eagles aren't a particularly young team.

Their best on tonight, other than Reid, were Yeo (30), Waterman (26), McGovern (32), Barrass (28), Darling (31), Kelly (29).

I watch every game every loss

Just sick of losing so if we lose to Hawks I'm just gonna be mentally done I think.

That’s not wat I’m saying

How’s it any different to losing to them last year?

It’s all the same

12/90

Pathetic

Yet here we are; it has no bearing tomorrow. The current personnel will move on and it’s the next lots turn; but we are still here

Whoever does the Game Day thread it’s on you.

Lift

They’ve been dismal so far and it’s made me sick

Another rubbish effort and loss and I won’t come out of retirement

frank costanza facepalm GIF by HULU

Mods take them over now anyway. Takes the fun out of making them so I'll just leave it to them.

Mods take them over now anyway. Takes the fun out of making them so I'll just leave it to them.

Really?

Wow, I just thought they were making them.

The whole joint is lacking fun.

I won’t beat the same drum from summer but you get what you get.

Boring threads.

Boring pages of coulda woulda shoulda and self/club pity parties full of hindsight Princes.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Irrespective of what happens tomorrow, I don't expect us to beat West Coast. They are being judged on their 2022 and 2023 form, both seasons where they had a huge injury list and/or were stricken down by covid 19.

Today in their win against Freo, their team featured 8 Premiership players from 2018, plus very good footballers in Kelly, Bailey Williams and Harley Reid. Out injured at the present are Oscar Allen and Liam Ryan.

Right now there are not a lot of games that we might be a chance to win. Wins are more likely to come as upsets in the second hald of the year, when a few teams realise they are out of the finals race and their form slips away.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back