Delisted 39. Oscar McDonald (SSP Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Oscar, hope we utilise your skills better than your previous club.

Now is your chance to earn a second career, best of luck.

Welcome young fella, have a crack and see what happens!!

I like this as a sensible LM decision - low $$ cost, a position of need, and covering 3 guys from last year in BSOS, Goddard & H-Mac who were either under-developed, injury prone, or not quite good enough.

Also young enough to develop, don’t need to look far for a great example of what can happen than your team mate Liam.

Good luck!!

O McDonald had a farm
Ee I ee I o
And on that farm he had some
Emergency backup as a key defender if one of Jones and Weitering are injured and Marchbank is not playing. Or also, break in case of real emergency for when Charlie is out with a knee, McKay has rolled his ankle, TDK is rehabbing, Levi is not fully fit and we don't want to play JSOS as our #1 key fwd
Ee I ee I o

Kinda catchy, don't ya think?

FWIW I think this was the right decision.
I know OMac was the Melbourne whipping boy, but I think he provides excellent cover, especially as KPD. That said, I would love to see Parks get a game if he proves himself at VFL level. As many have discussed, there are numerous 190cm KPDs in the league so there is no reason Parks couldn’t be used in that role. Like the look of him - flies for his marks and seems to have good instincts. Admittedly I have only seen highlights packages so this is not based on much evidence.

Delighted with this.

Is he perfect? No.

Does he compete? Yes.

Does he work hard? Yes.

Is he better, comparatively, to Moore? Absolutely.

Welcome to Carlton Oscar. I hope you make the most of the opportunity. If not the list spot opens back up at the end of the year and that's fine but I'm glad someone who clearly wants it got the opportunity.

Oscar always looked good to me when playing for the Dees. Just got squeezed out since Dees paid a crapload for May/Lever so they had to make that pairing work to justify their trades.

Im sure Oscar will have a good career at the Blues :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like:
-Age 24, still room to improve
-Looks like he can play both ends
-Bonafide player - played 80 games and squeezed out by May and Lever. Moore and Goddard were not AFL standard by comparison
-Good size 196cm and 100kgs
-Looks to have courage. Doesn’t take his eye off the ball in marking duels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back