Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

cheating … WTF mate.
He was a big part of our team at the end of 22 but it wasn’t good enough for dimma. Dimma ****ed him just like he did Caddy and almost did with Ross.

If Cumberland was a big part of our team in 2022, it did not show in the w/l column.

44% win rate in 2022 with Cumberland.

68% win rate in 2022 without Cumberland.

These are the sorts of reasons he found himself on the outer. The team performs better when he doesn't play. Coaches don't just a-hole guys from the team who look like superstars to casual observers because they have a personal grudge against them. Cumberland wasn't doing what the team required, so he was correctly demoted.

If Cumberland was a big part of our team in 2022, it did not show in the w/l column.

These are the sorts of reasons he found himself on the outer. The team performs better when he doesn't play. Coaches don't just a-hole guys from the team who look like superstars to casual observers because they have a personal grudge against them. Cumberland wasn't doing what the team required, so he was correctly demoted.
Another useless stat as you need to compare that to every other player in the same season. You are the most pathetic stats man I’ve ever known. Don’t take it personally, just take my advice. I’m not a Cumberland man, but I don’t quote rubbish to make a case against him. Lift your game.

7b4.gif

Very poor man’s Mitch Morton, Cumbo.

And he won’t end up a premiership player!

Against Werribee, Daly Andrews destroyed him when they were opposed to each other in the middle as he was able to run around doing as he pleased as Noah paid him little attention defensively. Sadly that remains the biggest weakness in his game and I've seen little this year to suggest that he is making improvements in that area.
Was Andrews was the blonde haired mid, because he barely touched it when he was on Cumberland, I specifically watched and noted that contest. He may got off the chain a bit on as the match went on, but not necessarily on Cumberland. Go and watch the first Q again, Cumberland was between he and the ball the whole match up.

Last edited:
Some nice skills seen occasionally. Lack of defensive run. Mentally weak. Drops his head. Doesn’t chase. Outside player. Not reliable.

I swear this bloke saw me play in the 90s at school and has moulded his game on mine.
He has improved on that a lot. People are hyper-critical of everything he does because we are all watching him like a hawk. One mistake and it's the same old Cumberland. Is he perfect, far from it, but he is far from what you have described above.

Thing is he makes things happen. He can turn a game, give me that over a player who occasionally drops his head or is a bit 'unreliable.'

Last edited:

That is a rubbish stat!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a while ago, have you watched him in the VFL to get a more updated assessment?
No I haven’t. Don’t get me wrong. I am in the give him a game camp. Because I think our club has had too much bias towards players with limited skill over other attributes and I think we lack polish and being dangerous with the ball. I get the opposite view but I would give him a go over some others. Last chances though this year. Plus you just know once Prestia, Short, TT, hopper, Grimes are back there will be limited opportunities for a lot of young guys until August when we are clearly out of finals.

When Cumbo focusses on being a star his defensive game vanishes. When he focusses on his defensive game his attacking game vanishes.
He could have kicked goals last week, 0.3 but all three with a bit of luck could have been goals. Kicked 2 two weeks before (should have been 3 but for Archie Thompson taking the advantage and playing on in the goal square). He also played midfield and much further up the ground this week. Created goals/assists as well in both matches.

I think we can only judge fairly on what happens this year. Time will tell one way or another.

Guys please! Cumbo is one of us …. We should be wrapping our arms around him and embracing him, not hurling insults. Let’s hope if he gets picked that he plays a ripper game or lights it up in the vfl
As we should with all our players, he's not there yet but who knows what he might become if the penny drops, very few get a chance at playing in the AFL I hope he shows us he has what it takes but no charity games.

No I haven’t. Don’t get me wrong. I am in the give him a game camp. Because I think our club has had too much bias towards players with limited skill over other attributes and I think we lack polish and being dangerous with the ball. I get the opposite view but I would give him a go over some others. Last chances though this year. Plus you just know once Prestia, Short, TT, hopper, Grimes are back there will be limited opportunities for a lot of young guys until August when we are clearly out of finals.
I'm not so sure that will be the case, Yze isnt stupid, he knows we have to get games under the belts of our kids if he wants to have a job beyond the next year or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back